15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    On top of the hilarious messages I've received from Javik over the app I've really enjoyed him. I was also sceptical about Javik after I heard the leaked soundfiles before the game was even out and all I could think was "A Jamaican sounding Prothean? Yeah, right!". He's surprised me positively. I'm really starting to dig him. :>
    I really enjoyed his character development.

Some spoilers here if you haven't brought him to Thessia/seen the after-scene yet:

He's a giant jackass during the entire mission, rubbing the fact the Asari god was just a Prothean in Liara's face, but he kind of has a small change of heart and says something along the lines of..."As long as one Asari is alive, the Reapers have failed." or something that just made me go, d'aww, you big softie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I really enjoyed his character development.

Some spoilers here if you haven't brought him to Thessia/seen the after-scene yet:

He's a giant jackass during the entire mission, rubbing the fact the Asari god was just a Prothean in Liara's face, but he kind of has a small change of heart and says something along the lines of..."As long as one Asari is alive, the Reapers have failed." or something that just made me go, d'aww, you big softie.
    I haven't made it to Thessia yet. I went a bit of a different route and went past the Cerberus invasion on the Citadel pretty early on. I've usually done the Rachni-part and a few of the smaller ones like Grissom Academy before heading back to the Citadel. But Javik is softening up a bit. When he starts messing around to the hanar, the asari and the turian at the Citadel he's goes a bit like "Well uhh... That's not what I really meant..." when Shepard does a convinient cough that the comments he was saying didn't help at all. N'aww. He's definitely an interesting character and it's been a pleasure to know so much more about the Protheans.

EDIT: Also a note to self... Don't register on Twitter, try to set it up and tweet someone at 3:20am just to get a bug notice across. And when you have no idea WTF you're doing.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-18 at 01:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely an interesting character and it's been a pleasure to know so much more about the Protheans.

EDIT: Also a note to self... Don't register on Twitter, try to set it up and tweet someone at 3:20am just to get a bug notice across. And when you have no idea WTF you're doing.
    It really is neat seeing how...I guess angsty he was. He even begins to wonder if he wouldn't be so aggressive if he was born in a time of peace. Also, what happened to his crew...holy crap. He's Shepard if everything went wrong.

And rofl at twitter. It was just as confusing for me, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It really is neat seeing how...I guess angsty he was. He even begins to wonder if he wouldn't be so aggressive if he was born in a time of peace. Also, what happened to his crew...holy crap. He's Shepard if everything went wrong.

And rofl at twitter. It was just as confusing for me, too.
    I mean I've only gotten started with Javik. But it's been great to see some change already. My jaw almost dropped when he just coldly stated that in his time practically everyone would be enslaved or killed. You know, when he's wondering why the hell there's so many species sharing the power since in his time it was only the Protheans who were in charge. I can't wait to learn more about him!

And yeeeeah... I tend to get these brilliant ideas like how to use Twitter when I'm supposed to be in bed already. Yay me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    A quick question on indoctrination:

So I'm not sure if any of the "indoctrination theory" people have addressed this in 110 pages, but the Prothean VI pretty clearly recognizes indoctrinated people. It knew Kai Leng was there before anyone else did because it sensed the indoctrination. In two conversations with Shepard, it never mentions that. Is the theory that it's just not noticeable at point? Because that's only a couple days max before the endgame.

I've read a few theories, but I haven't seen anyone address that.
    I think the theory says it senses Kai Leng because it senses the "indoctrinated" Lengs fully indoctrinated and under reaper control thus is detectable, at this point Shepard is not indoctrinated, hes either slowly undergoing the indoctrination process(if you beleive his dreams are part of it) or hes not touched at all(if you dont) some debate as to when Sheps started

[url]http://w11.zetaboards.com/Theorycraftng_HUB/topic/7688087/1/[/url]

is a decent layout of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Recently started my NG+ playthrough after completing the game (red ending option) with my ME2 import.
    LOL same for me. I want to bring justice, peace and love to galaxy. And you can't do this without a proper ME2 savegame. And if I'm there I start with ME1. OMG feck my life lol.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 03:56 AM ----------

Bull! Why? Because of Buzz Aldrin, that's why. Don't switch off your computers dudes when credits start to roll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    LOL same for me. I want to bring justice, peace and love to galaxy. And you can't do this without a proper ME2 savegame. And if I'm there I start with ME1. OMG feck my life lol.
    I know what you mean.. I never got to get a majority of the achievements for ME1, hardcore, insanity, completionist. I'm doing hardcore now and will import that to ME2 and beat it on insanity, and then ME3, and eventually come back to ME1 insanity.

Much better if you beat all 3 in successive order imo. I've gotten past all of this ending controversy and is just enjoying the games now. Hopefully the ending DLC leak / rumor proves to be true though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wasn't too mad at the ending. It was really good until you talk to the kid. But the options you get are somewhat valid since consider the war between the Qurians and the Geth but a plothole opens if got the Quarians and Geth to cooperate, thus proving the kid wrong in a way. But what makes me scratch my head are questions that came up at the end of the ending:

I killed the Reapers. The kid said I [I]could[/I] destroy the Geth too. In my game the Geth were now good. Does that mean the Geth died as well or was an implied choice? And what about EDI? Did she die?

But then at the end of the game my Shepard lives, the hell? The old man at the end says he has more stories about "The Shepard"...Incoming DLC obviously but what about the Shepards that died. People aren't even exactly sure how the last scene is activated.

And now that the Mass Relays are gone, you have these gigantic fleets stuck in the Sol system. Our solar systems. Possibly trillions of people, a good chunk nonhuman, are stuck in our solar system (not even thinking about the other people stuck God knows where. Earth is in ruins, we know there was a facility on Mars but it wasn't really residential. Question is, what do you do with all of these people? What happened to the people on the Citadel?

How in the hell was Joker able to pick up my squad from the beam and get them out safely? Why was he obviously fleeing from the battle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Well, couple of things are required. 1. Warn her about Kai Leng 2. Have her loyalty from 2nd one. 3. Either try to use diplomacy or shoot Lawson. If you let Miranda shoot her father, he'll fatally wound her. If you dont have her loyalty from 2nd one, and didnt warn her about Kai Leng, she'll die from those wounds.
    How/When do u get an oppurtunity to warn her? I don't remember seeing one. As far as loyalty, do u mean import from ME2 game save with her being loyal? I'm playing ME2 again (to import to ME3) to see all the differences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    How/When do u get an oppurtunity to warn her? I don't remember seeing one. As far as loyalty, do u mean import from ME2 game save with her being loyal? I'm playing ME2 again (to import to ME3) to see all the differences.
    I want to say its via the spectre terminal or during one of your talks with her that you mention Kai Leng. Not sure, cant remember it exactly right now. And yes, by loyalty I mean a Me2 save where you have her loyal. Seems like there's quite a few places where Me2 loyalty comes into play. Again just to be safe.

One question I do have is do side missions have a timer on them or perhaps become unfinishable after you complete certain parts of the main story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reah View Post
    One question I do have is do side missions have a timer on them or perhaps become unfinishable after you complete certain parts of the main story?
    Certain side missions become unavailable after the priority missions. Priority missions advance the story (you don't actually have to do them ASAP). Its best to only do Priority missions after you have nothing left to do in your journal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Certain side missions become unavailable after the priority missions. Priority missions advance the story (you don't actually have to do them ASAP). Its best to only do Priority missions after you have nothing left to do in your journal.
    100% with this advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the past week, I have realized how bad I am at Mass Effect multiplayer beyond bronze. It's probably me and partly the wonky controls for PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Over the past week, I have realized how bad I am at Mass Effect multiplayer beyond bronze. It's probably me and partly the wonky controls for PC.
    Play a Turian Sentinel if you're are bad. Armor for days and Overload is a very valuable ability especially past bronze. I haven't played gold but on silver I can take rockets to the face and shrug it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Play a Turian Sentinel if you're are bad. Armor for days and Overload is a very valuable ability especially past bronze. I haven't played gold but on silver I can take rockets to the face and shrug it off.
    Sentinel is just Baws. I warped and threw my way to 20 in less than 6 hours of play time as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Not only does said story device break with the existing coherence of a fictional universe, it is also highly illogical that Shepard would just swallow the choices given to him by the Catalyst. They managed to fail twice in that respect.
    It was kinda odd that I wasn't given any chance to even ask questions. But then again it didn't seem out of place. Shepard was badly injured, probably dying and barely holding him or herself together. That is probably not a good time to ask random questions. I could see it being just about holding on till it's finished and nothing else mattering at that point.

What didn't make any sense to me was the whole crucible thing. The Catalyst was already in the citadel, he allowed to make the choices, then what was the crucible for anyway? A huge super complicated device just for forcing the boy to consider other options? I could understand it if it was a virus or a small device to be entered somewhere in the end zone. But like in the current ending, it didn't make any sense at all.

Besides, why are people saying that all choices destroyed the mass relays? Control clearly didn't. I know it showed half the video of them blowing up and it seemed in the end that they were breaking apart but that was just Bioware being lazy and reused the same video. Plus even if they got destroyed, the citadel was shown to survive and close it's arms. And it was a huge mass relay with a more primitive prothean build small mass relay inside it. Not to mention that Shepard now controlled the reapers, all their knowledge etc.

Rebuilding the relays would have been a matter of months, not years in this case, even if they did actually get destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Sentinel is just Baws. I warped and threw my way to 20 in less than 6 hours of play time as one.
    Hell yes. Properly speced Throw kicks some serious ass even on silver. It takes off 80% health off of standard mobs and recharges in ~1.5 secs even with Tech Armor on. I only use warp for mobs that have a shield/armor now, do get them debuffed.

And on Datapad: I didn't have any problem with it. I got it after my first playthrough and therefore had a few messages left over, (including Talis broken Spellcheck :P )
    I'm more irritated about the fact that the codes doesn't seem to be up-to-date.
    Last edited by Zao; 2012-03-18 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    And on Datapad: I didn't have any problem with it. I got it after my first playthrough and therefore had a few messages left over, (including Talis broken Spellcheck :P )
    I'm more irritated about the fact that the codes doesn't seem to be up-to-date.
    I finally chose the ultimate ending... I gave up. I've rebooted and restarted my iPhone a dozen times already, I've deleted and re-installed the app a few times as well, I've checked multiple times that I'm definitely connected to my Origin account and the internet... I've also asked help from here, the BioWare forums, Twitter and I even tried sending a help request through EA's site but my form kept reseting so I gave up on that after three tries. At least you can't say I didn't try!

For multiplayer I've still chose to stay in Bronze matches. I play an adept most of the time so I'm happy to stay as a more of a support fighter with Singularity and Warp. Plus I still haven't managed to unlock any other races than humans. Durrr.

15+ Year Old Account
    For multiplayer I've still chose to stay in Bronze matches. I play an adept most of the time so I'm happy to stay as a more of a support fighter with Singularity and Warp. Plus I still haven't managed to unlock any other races than humans. Durrr.
    Which system do you play on? Me and a friend are looking for some more folks to play with, and she can't stand being grouped up with random people. I'm on 360, and as soon as they hear her talk, it's like walking into a beehive.