Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    Speculation like this is irrelevant.
    I'm not saying i'm right. It's just a possibility. The police did not investigate so who really knows, but the attorney of the Martin family said that Zimmerman may have fired a warning shot.

Just so people can be clear.

He was taken in and they questioned him. His story matched with all the other witnesses around. So they have no reason to not believe that.

Also people trying to make the claim that size matters. It really doesn't. I've personally seen much smaller people KO people twice their size. It doesn't matter how big somebody is. I mean really how many people that are much bigger and stronger has Manny Pacquiao given a beat down too? Him being a pro doesn't make a difference because everybody is making the claim of SIZE.

There is quite a few things that raise red flags to me.

1. Most of the people who have publicly come out as being witnesses are African Americans who changed their stories once they get on TV. The police have already come out and said that the versions they are giving is NOT what they told the officers the night it happened. (This makes them not a creditable witness and a jury would have a hard time believing them.)

2. He was suspended from school for 10 days. The family will not disclose the reason why he was suspended. 10 days is a long time for something that isn't violent in any nature.

3. His dads first thought when his son was late from coming back to the store was he must have got arrested. If you have a good son like they are painting him to be, why would THAT be your first thought.

4. The "new" phone call that he had made and what the person said don't make any sense. Why almost a month later would you come out and say oh yeah I was on the phone with him right before he was shot. Why, because you have to come up with a story to paint this as a race motivated killing.

5. People saying that on the tapes you can hear him screaming for help. Remember that witnesses and Zimmerman himself claim that he was screaming for help and that nobody would help him. In fact when the kids father first heard the tapes he said that it wasn't his son.

I'm not saying the guy is guilty or innocent. I'm saying there is enough doubt there to make it a hard case against him. That's why the police didn't arrest him and why it is now at the grand jury to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    4. The "new" phone call that he had made and what the person said don't make any sense. Why almost a month later would you come out and say oh yeah I was on the phone with him right before he was shot. Why, because you have to come up with a story to paint this as a race motivated killing.
    I just wanted to point out that if you're talking about his girlfriend, cellphone records have indeed confirmed that he was on the phone with her right up until the confrontation with Zimmerman.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how many people here knew Zimmerman was Hispanic? Can the parroting of white redneck racism stop?

Doesn't make it any less a treacherous situation. A grown man gets into an altercation with a teenager and kills him. Apparently, he also spoke of "fucking coons" before going after Trayvon. I hope justice is served regardless, though I currently think Zimmerman had racial motivations for his actions and will be found guilty of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't understand this comment, Hispanic people can't be racist?
    Not at all. I'm saying all the people calling this guy a throwback to the Confederacy need to get their facts straight.

There are lots of Hispanic-Black places of tension in the U.S. South Florida is one of them, considering the high Cuban population.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-03-21 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    So, how many people here knew Zimmerman was Hispanic? Can the parroting of white redneck racism stop?

Doesn't make it any less a treacherous situation. A grown man gets into an altercation with a teenager and kills him. Apparently, he also spoke of "fucking coons" before going after Trayvon. I hope justice is served regardless, though I currently think Zimmerman had racial motivations for his actions and will be found guilty of murder.
    I don't understand this comment, Hispanic people can't be racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I just wanted to point out that if you're talking about his girlfriend, cellphone records have indeed confirmed that he was on the phone with her right up until the confrontation with Zimmerman.
    I'm sorry if it was a bit vague. I meant to be talking about the context of the phone call. A month later and coming out her saying "run home" and him trying to do just that is all to fishy for me. IMO if that's what happened you would have heard about this from the start. NOT a month later. When most of the information about what happened that night has come out.

For all we know is he could have said "This cracker is following me and I'm going to bust his ass up call you back."

I'm sorry if it was a bit vague. I meant to be talking about the context of the phone call. A month later and coming out her saying "run home" and him trying to do just that is all to fishy for me. IMO if that's what happened you would have heard about this from the start. NOT a month later. When most of the information about what happened that night has come out.

For all we know is he could have said "This cracker is following me and I'm going to bust his ass up call you back."
    Maybe the cops should have checked his phone records and interviewed her sooner...

Oh yeah, she could say whatever about how the conversation went.

I'll be honest with you though, after looking into this story a fair bit, I'm almost completely convinced this was some wannabe cop who injected himself into the situation and killed a boy. I can't say if it was racially motivated, but I am very certain this was a guy who flat out chased this kid down, instigated an altercation by being so aggressive, then shot the boy. The police even told him to back off, so his pursuit in spite of that speaks volumes about the vigilante nature of Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Oh yeah, she could say whatever about how the conversation went.

I'll be honest with you though, after looking into this story a fair bit, I'm almost completely convinced this was some wannabe cop who injected himself into the situation and killed a boy. I can't say if it was racially motivated, but I am very certain this was a guy who flat out chased this kid down, instigated an altercation by being so aggressive, then shot the boy. The police even told him to back off, so his pursuit in spite of that speaks volumes about the vigilante nature of Zimmerman.

Oh I agree that he could have done something different. I also would like to point out that so could the boy. Everything is going to be a could of, should of, would of. Sadly a life ended because of it but in the end we only can really go by what Zimmerman has said and what others said FIRST. They all match.

As for the bold part in your reply, the police didn't the 911 dispatcher said they didn't need him to follow him. To which he replied these ass holes always get away. he is referring to the fact that there have been 8 burglaries and several attempted and the police haven't even made there to help in time. I think that is what gave him that "motivation" if you will, to follow the kid.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just so people can be clear.

He was taken in and they questioned him. His story matched with all the other witnesses around. So they have no reason to not believe that.

Also people trying to make the claim that size matters. It really doesn't. I've personally seen much smaller people KO people twice their size. It doesn't matter how big somebody is. I mean really how many people that are much bigger and stronger has Manny Pacquiao given a beat down too? Him being a pro doesn't make a difference because everybody is making the claim of SIZE.

There is quite a few things that raise red flags to me.

1. Most of the people who have publicly come out as being witnesses are African Americans who changed their stories once they get on TV. The police have already come out and said that the versions they are giving is NOT what they told the officers the night it happened. (This makes them not a creditable witness and a jury would have a hard time believing them.)

2. He was suspended from school for 10 days. The family will not disclose the reason why he was suspended. 10 days is a long time for something that isn't violent in any nature.

3. His dads first thought when his son was late from coming back to the store was he must have got arrested. If you have a good son like they are painting him to be, why would THAT be your first thought.

5. People saying that on the tapes you can hear him screaming for help. Remember that witnesses and Zimmerman himself claim that he was screaming for help and that nobody would help him. In fact when the kids father first heard the tapes he said that it wasn't his son.

I'm not saying the guy is guilty or innocent. I'm saying there is enough doubt there to make it a hard case against him. That's why the police didn't arrest him and why it is now at the grand jury to decide.
    Most of the "new" testimonies and witness statements have come about after the media shit storm. They want air time, or way to feel important.... or witness tampering.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Quote Originally Posted by Failhance View Post
    I would definitively like to see the sources about that law.... Apparently a dead child isn't enough evidence? What?

Your almost implying that the law is as long as there is no direct witnesses or coverage, you can outright murder someone as long as you claim self defense to avoid being arrested? Unless I see some sort of fact(s) provided here, This is out right bull#$%@
    Yes that is the case, and sorry I meant to say the castle law not the CCP one. Read the article I posted above for that information.

Damn didn't see someone posted it. It is a stupid law the way it is written. While I don't think you should have to flee. It is silly to not have a thorough investigation when a life is taken.
    Last edited by Primaliron; 2012-03-21 at 04:02 AM.

It's good to know that an FBI investigation is pending. I'm disgusted at the thought of this man killing a helpless, unarmed teenager who was fleeing for his life. It almost makes m sick to my stomach. I'm not one to wish misfortune on others, but I really hope that he gets a severe punishment for this murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Noemonad View Post
    It's good to know that an FBI investigation is pending. I'm disgusted at the thought of this man killing a helpless, unarmed teenager who was fleeing for his life. It almost makes m sick to my stomach. I'm not one to wish misfortune on others, but I really hope that he gets a severe punishment for this murder.
    Yes, Fleeing for his life after being in a fight and Trayvon was shot in the chest. He was obviously 'fleeing'.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 12:50 AM ----------

I found this on CNN:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20...hot/?hpt=hp_t3

It is a transcript of the 911 calls and Zimmermans call.

Quote Originally Posted by Noemonad View Post
    Welp, it seems you've got the details down.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    It is a stupid law the way it is written. While I don't think you should have to flee. It is silly to not have a thorough investigation when a life is taken.
    Earlier I posted how justifiable homicides tripled ever since they modified the self defense laws in Florida. They really need to give that law a second look.

Maybe this case will draw more attention to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Earlier I posted how justifiable homicides tripled ever since they modified the self defense laws in Florida. They really need to give that law a second look.

Maybe this case will draw more attention to it?
    Why does it need a second look? Florida is a big state and they had a total of 40 justifiable kills in a year. Any law that keeps people from going to jail for protecting their lives, families and property is good in my book. The law shouldn't apply here as Zimmerman was not attacked, he stalked and attacked this kid. Self defense doesn't happen when you go looking for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Why does it need a second look? Florida is a big state and they had a total of 40 justifiable kills in a year. Any law that keeps people from going to jail for protecting their lives, families and property is good in my book. The law shouldn't apply here as Zimmerman was not attacked, he stalked and attacked this kid. Self defense doesn't happen when you go looking for a fight.
    The way the law is worded enables you to pick a fight and shoot in self defense...

(Provided that you don't attack first, and in some cases you can attack first if you feel your life is in danger)

I never said that Florida shouldn't have a self-defense law, it just needs tweaking.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-03-21 at 01:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population:

US: 4.14
    UK: 0.07

This is despite still retaining that well-known deterrent capital punishment in several states (/sarcasm). There's really no debate to be had. The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is totally bogus. If I encounter some nutter on a Saturday night, or some vigilante that decides I look suspicious, the worst I can expect is to get knifed, and guess what? You can't knife me if I'm running away from you or more than about 4 feet away from you.
    The only people who ever get shot in the UK is 'disrespected' gang members trying to emulate their cousins in south central LA.
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2012-03-21 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population:

US: 4.14
    UK: 0.07

This is despite still retaining that well-known deterrent capital punishment in several states (/sarcasm). There's really no debate to be had. The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is totally bogus. If I encounter some nutter on a Saturday night, or some vigilante that decides I look suspicious, the worst I can expect is to get knifed, and guess what? You can't knife me if I'm running away from you or more than about 4 feet away from you.
    The only people who ever get shot in the UK is 'disrespected' gang members trying to emulate their cousins in south central LA.
    Idd those in favor of guns always point out how more people are getting stabbed in other countries but i would be far more safe against a guy with a knife than a guy with a gun

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    The way the law is worded enables you to pick a fight and shoot in self defense...
    I'm pretty sure the correct wording is "makes it possible for". NOT enables. Because I do not see how it ENABLES me for instance to go pick a random fight and kill someone. Probability for wanting to do it before the law == 0%, Probability for wanting to do it after the law == 0%.

No sane person would use this law to kill someone. To get away with (planned and inevitable) murder? - maybe.
    Insane person does not need no legal "enabler" nor a way to get away with the murder.

You could make a point that some murderers would theoretically be able to get away with murder - but it still worth it. Better let a criminal go, than send an innocent to jail.