Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    so if it was dylan instead of logan would you still hate dylan
    So you're saying if dylan had betrayed his team to go protect the queen instead of killing the elder dragon in charge of attacking them would i still hate him? Yes, it doesn't matter that it's -logan- i liked logan prior to his back stabbing, that act made me hate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Yeah...it's got nothing to do with any intrinsic dislike or simple prejudice towards him. He betrayed them. But, like you say...he may still turn out very heroic in GW2 with leading the Seraph. I liked him before he ran off...I can like him again.

Oh..and allowing Rytlock to keep the sword as he's a hero.....well, it works both ways. Rytlock gave him the medallion because he'd earned his trust as a brother. He kinda broke it.
    Bigger cause and all that, fine. But...he still has to redeem himself in my eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Yeah...it's got nothing to do with any intrinsic dislike or simple prejudice towards him. He betrayed them. But, like you say...he may still turn out very heroic in GW2 with leading the Seraph. I liked him before he ran off...I can like him again.

Oh..and allowing Rytlock to keep the sword as he's a hero.....well, it works both ways. Rytlock gave him the medallion because he'd earned his trust as a brother. He kinda broke it.
    Bigger cause and all that, fine. But...he still has to redeem himself in my eyes
    1) dylan and logan are both sworn to the queen. she SHOULD take priority over any friends

2) logan gave rytlock the scarf
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

1) dylan and logan are both sworn to the queen. she SHOULD take priority over any friends

2) logan gave rytlock the scarf
    Umm...not sure how much of a shit Dylan gives about the queen. He's a rogue, but a "chaotic good" rogue sure. Just because he's human doesn't mean he absolutely is sworn to the queen. Tyria is very grey, not black and white, as a recent thread discussed.
    I'm British and apparently sworn to my queen, but don't rly give much of a shit. Different worlds though ofc.
    Ur prob going to come back with a quote from GoA that shows he is though lol.

The funny thing about this whole discussion is that it really should be quite evident how I feel about it from my sig. Yes, Logan chose the best course. I just want to see him and Rytlock reconcile and for there to at least be some epic story that brings them back together. Saving each others lives, epic battles...all that jazz.

And yh...scarf...which shows his true affection for the queen. Just using it as an example for their bond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm...not sure how much of a shit Dylan gives about the queen. He's a rogue, but a "chaotic good" rogue sure. Just because he's human doesn't mean he absolutely is sworn to the queen. Tyria is very grey, not black and white, as a recent thread discussed.
    I'm British and apparently sworn to my queen, but don't rly give much of a shit. Different worlds though ofc.
    Ur prob going to come back with a quote from GoA that shows he is though lol.

The funny thing about this whole discussion is that it really should be quite evident how I feel about it from my sig. Yes, Logan chose the best course. I just want to see him and Rytlock reconcile and for there to at least be some epic story that brings them back together. Saving each others lives, epic battles...all that jazz.

And yh...scarf...which shows his true affection for the queen. Just using it as an example for their bond.
    you're thinking dougal

dylan is logan's brother

i r just mad ppl blanket statement logan with "lol boner"
    The Original Ganksta

you're thinking dougal

dylan is logan's brother

i r just mad ppl blanket statement logan with "lol boner"
    Ohhhh....
    yh soz.
    Well, Dylan was an even bigger idiot that comparison's not gonna get u any points haha. He didn't seem to like his whole dress parade life though. He seemed an angry angry man.
    Logan's much more complex than lol boner. I just make a joke of it.
    As I said...I'm sure he'll turn into a very heroic character in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhh....
    yh soz.
    Well, Dylan was an even bigger idiot that comparison's not gonna get u any points haha. He didn't seem to like his whole dress parade life though. He seemed an angry angry man.
    Logan's much more complex than lol boner. I just make a joke of it.
    As I said...I'm sure he'll turn into a very heroic character in the game
    the point is that it was their jobs to protect her, relationship or not
    The Original Ganksta

Yh well.......dylan sucked at it then lol. Duty is fine...but duty can change quite easily. I don't see GW2 in such black and white terms as "this is my queen and I'll protect her with my life forever."
    I know the wiki says that humans will do anything to protect their queen..but there's always more ambiguity than that.
    Anyway............umm....I've got no idea what topic this is on now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yh well.......dylan sucked at it then lol. Duty is fine...but duty can change quite easily. I don't see GW2 in such black and white terms as "this is my queen and I'll protect her with my life forever."
    I know the wiki says that humans will do anything to protect their queen..but there's always more ambiguity than that.
    Anyway............umm....I've got no idea what topic this is on now lol.
    we were talking about slaughtering kurzicks
    The Original Ganksta

we were talking about slaughtering kurzicks
    So we were! Bloody Kurzicks.
    I got a mini turtle turret
    I called him Gerald.

We had the best time killing Kurzicks.

GoA is considered "better" than EoD. It's probably better written, takes itself slightly more seriously and the characters are somewhat deeper.
    But EoD is more action orientated, the characterisation is over the top and pace and style is more exciting. Plus, you get to know the characters from Destiny's Edge that will form part of your personal story.
    That makes EoD very much worth reading. And it's probably a more fun read for someone who doesn't read.
    Highly recommend both though
    I can recommend GoA it was an enjoyable book to read (coming from someone who knows nothing about the lore). It was a tightly written believable adventure that gives you a nice look at the world.

EoD is a very poorly written book indeed. Not the worst I've read (anything by Ed Greenwood wins that prize) but if you are looking for a stimulating read this book isn't it. It does provide something of an overview of the major cities/cultures of GW2 though and if you can borrow a copy from someone flip through it for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    I can recommend GoA it was an enjoyable book to read (coming from someone who knows nothing about the lore). It was a tightly written believable adventure that gives you a nice look at the world.

EoD is a very poorly written book indeed. Not the worst I've read (anything by Ed Greenwood wins that prize) but if you are looking for a stimulating read this book isn't it. It does provide something of an overview of the major cities/cultures of GW2 though and if you can borrow a copy from someone flip through it for that alone.
    I'm having to force myself to continue reading, and I'm only like 1/3rd of the way through.
    I'm still stuck on the "Charr, I will have your head." "Screw you, dirty human. I hate your kind so mu- wanna be best friends?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm having to force myself to continue reading, and I'm only like 1/3rd of the way through.
    I'm still stuck on the "Charr, I will have your head." "Screw you, dirty human. I hate your kind so mu- wanna be best friends?"
    250 years is too soon!

*histerical laugh with slowly dying finish*...god i hate charr
    The Original Ganksta

250 years is too soon!

*histerical laugh with slowly dying finish*...god i hate charr
    It's not like it's been 250 years since the war ended.
    And it just feels silly to me how Rytlock goes from hating humans to INSTANTLY being Logan's bestest buddy.
    As I've said before, at least Ember Doomforge took some time to adjust and grow to trust the humans, for Rytlock it took like half a sword fight, a sylvari thief, and like 30 seconds.
    The writing was just bad. You don't suddenly become best friends with someone you have been at war with your whole life after 30 seconds, you need time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like it's been 250 years since the war ended.
    And it just feels silly to me how Rytlock goes from hating humans to INSTANTLY being Logan's bestest buddy.
    As I've said before, at least Ember Doomforge took some time to adjust and grow to trust the humans, for Rytlock it took like half a sword fight, a sylvari thief, and like 30 seconds.
    The writing was just bad. You don't suddenly become best friends with someone you have been at war with your whole life after 30 seconds, you need time.
    yea its been like 5

and ascalon still looks like their kitty litter box

no wait EoD takes place before the peace treaties

shit even ghosts they arent at peace, they are going for the claw to start peace talks
    The Original Ganksta

yea its been like 5

and ascalon still looks like their kitty litter box
    Was it 5 years between Edge of Destiny and Ghosts of Ascalon? I was under the impression that EoD came first, and that they were still at war up in ebonhawk in GoA.

It all depends on what exactly is at stake. It's not unusual for sworn enemies to reluctantly team up or set aside their differences completely in order to focus upon the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    It all depends on what exactly is at stake. It's not unusual for sworn enemies to reluctantly team up or set aside their differences completely in order to focus upon the bigger picture.
    Reluctantly team up? No, they were BFFLs within like 5mins.
    Besides the joking little "Haha, you're not going anywhere with Rurik's sword you silly rascal!" like 30 pages later.

Deleted
    ******Spoiler: End of EoD*******
    What I really can not forgive Logan is this:

He threw the onetime chance of killing one of the Elder Dragons away. A dragon gave his life for this chance, Snaff had to die for it, there won't be another like that. At least not in the near future.

So I blame him for basically ever man, charr, asura, sylvari, norn and every other creature that gets killed by the Crystal Dragon (Kralkatorrik or something similar) after the events of EoD.

For me, it is not the choice queen over friends, but the greater god, the well-being of all living things in Tyria over one replacable person.

End Spoiler
    And on topic: As others have said, GoA is way more enjoyable. I read it first and was really disappointed with EoD afterwards.

I pray for Ember to make an appearance in game *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by mmoc4875f38be8; 2012-03-22 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    -snip-
    Spoiler warning would be nice. A big ol' don't read if you haven't finished.
    I need to stop coming to this thread. There are a lot of spoilers for a thread that is someone asking where he should START with the lore, not where it ends. :P
    I read the first half of the first sentence of like half these posts before going NOPE.