Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    maybe you forgot to put it back after you hymn. Having to hymn while the bloodlost is obviously a big dps loss too.
    Definitely a possibility; I had to use Hymn of Hope about halfway through the fight, then used Divine Hymn at the very end, but even still, that's only ~17 seconds if I'm doing it perfectly, which isn't anywhere near 10%.

You only did ArchAngel 3 times while you had time for 4.
    Again, I'd like to say it's because of the hymns and waiting for SFiend to be up to pop AA, but I can't be positive. It's something to watch for, certainly.

Also 64% uptime on your best dot Vampiric touch certainly hurts a lot. You could probably do better by reapplying it before fading lights and hour of twilight and just by having a better awareness of your dots in general. I think all of them could be somewhere ~85% uptime (I might be wrong on that number).
    Not sure what the numbers should be like on Ultraxion with MS/MB rotations on the same target, but I had thought I had applied it every time and let the full durations tick, only ignoring a refresh if within ~2 seconds of an AA/SFiend MS/MB rotation.

Also, 87k of average crit on your Mind Blast makes me think you might have done the MS/MB rotation wrong (too much spike in rotation?) at some time and done a few MB without 3 orbs. But again, I might be wrong.
    From what I’ve read, I shouldn’t be saving MB for three orbs every time, but rather, using it on CD. As for MS, I only used it in preparation for MB during AA/SFiend, but if I’m wrong in doing that (I cast mine spike repeatedly until MB comes off CD, so sometimes it’s 3-4 MS for every MB during that rotation), it’s certainly something I should look into. Typically, I've found that I can go MB -> MSx3 -> SWD -> MB and waste no orbs. I skip a MS on the last set of the rotation so that the final 3 orbs from SFiend will be used for MB rather than MS.

Even though you're talking about your offspec, I appreciate your thorough examinations and insights.

Edit: Also, looking more in depth at the archangel uptime (54 seconds), it adds up almost perfectly with my SW:P and DP timers (4:29) to add up to 5:23 (compared to the total fight time of 5:33, and I start the fight with AA/SF, so my DoTs don't start for a while initially). No real idea what happened to my terrible Vampiric Touch uptime (3:35? wtf?), so that's probably 100% fail on my part. Also, sub 25%, I prioritize SWD over MB because I can move around while spamming that button twice to force-proc apparitions.
    Last edited by Atheotes; 2012-03-14 at 07:53 PM.

Cant link urls' yet :[ Hopefully you don't mind just copying them out.
    Item Level: 392
    Expectations: Maximize my dps for my heroic progression
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Necrron/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-31d5fix6to90tu5i/

Little things:
    We are a 10man guild, and we unfortunately do not have a warlock for all their wonderful buffs (8% spell damage on target/dark intent), and we do not have the 10% spell power buff.
    I play with around 130ms

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with my shadowfiend 4pc rotation, and hopefully you guys will see if there is something wrong and help me all in general :]
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Necronskill; 2012-03-16 at 05:43 AM.

Deleted
    Item Level: 405
    Expectations: Performance that matches my iLvl (40k+)
    Armory Link: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Ch%C3%A9rie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: /reports/rt-ep7f1f5gal3qne40/sum/damageDone/?s=3927&e=4224

Good to know: We do not have Dark Intent, 10% SP, 3% damage done, nor 8% spell damage to target.

My DoT uptimes are not flawless, and I've been trying to find out whether I should go for 3202 haste or just full out mastery after 2589 haste.

Thank you for your time.

-Chérie
    Last edited by mmoc1b7f473ef5; 2012-03-16 at 12:13 AM.

I don't have enough time to have a good look at this, will update once i get home

A couple of quick things, tell your hunter to stop being a jerk and get a wind serpent, and IMO you should go the mastery build.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 03:44 PM ----------

Okay, had a better look at your logs.
    I really don't think you're going to push 40k with your lack of buffs. If your DK can play unholy well/has gurthalak I would suggest that he go unholy (survival hunter means the melee haste buff is covered)

If you wanna min/max more you should pick up engineering and/or tailoring.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Item Level: 395
    Expectations: Squeeze out as much as possible, and hopefully improve overall.
    Armory Link: /wow/en/character/deathwing/Ysodark/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: /reports/rt-oosv2miha3fd2mh6/

These logs are from our heroic ultraxion attempts tonight. I went for a 2141 haste build (I get DI) to try and maximize my t13 rotations burst, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. My rotation for it is MSx3>MB>MSx5 or 6 depending on cast timers>MB, then I resume my normal rotation since my shadowfiend seems to fall out at around that point.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    I don't have enough time to have a good look at this, will update once i get home

A couple of quick things, tell your hunter to stop being a jerk and get a wind serpent, and IMO you should go the mastery build.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 03:44 PM ----------

Okay, had a better look at your logs.
    I really don't think you're going to push 40k with your lack of buffs. If your DK can play unholy well/has gurthalak I would suggest that he go unholy (survival hunter means the melee haste buff is covered)

If you wanna min/max more you should pick up engineering and/or tailoring.
    Thank you for the reply, we will definitely grab a Wind Serpent for the future encounters.

I know our setup is quite awful, and it's the main reason why we are not able to progress Spine HC properly.

If anyone has suggestions concerning the other classes, I'm all ears.

Deleted
    Hi all
    Level Item 393
    Aspettative: improve my dps on single target
    Link Armory: /wow/en/character/hakkar/Tr%C3%A0kkar/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: /reports/rt-lcin23qe3ooi1b3x/sum/damageDone/?s=1519&e=1858

My dps to ultraxion Hm is very low please help me.

Item Level 400
    Expectations: Improvement on my single target damage
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rshda/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...7/?s=100&e=388

I feel like I should be doing more dps with the amount of gear I have. I just can't seem to get past 35k single target.

I'll try and go through and get anyone who has been missed sometime in the next few days. Also wanted to say with the wind down in 4.3 happening already and beta for MoP very eminent... people reviewing on this thread will probably get slower and slower. Not say we won't keep it going and that people shouldn't post, just a reasoning on why responses might be slower moving forward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'll try and go through and get anyone who has been missed sometime in the next few days. Also wanted to say with the wind down in 4.3 happening already and beta for MoP very eminent... people reviewing on this thread will probably get slower and slower. Not say we won't keep it going and that people shouldn't post, just a reasoning on why responses might be slower moving forward.
    Anyone reading my post will most likely not be needing to be reviewed as I managed to do more dps the following week, unfortunately without a log.

Deleted
    Hi. it's not exactly my dps which I intend to improve, but I feel the Shadow Priest we currently recruited is doing low dps.

Any tips I could give him in order to improve his performance?

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5723&e=6161
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arada/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Hi. it's not exactly my dps which I intend to improve, but I feel the Shadow Priest we currently recruited is doing low dps.

Any tips I could give him in order to improve his performance?
    Well looking over his armory real quick I notice he needs an enchant on his chest, could could probably reforge out some hit, and getting some more haste would be nice. I also noticed he's got no tier13 equipped so I'd make that a focus to get as the bonuses, imho, are great. But most of that is just icing on the cake really, and if he's pulling 29k on that fight it's about rotation.

Keep dots rolling as much as possible on the boss, dot the mana void up so long as it's not in danger of being killed, and on yellow black phases you can cast VT on most of the adds as they're spawning before they group up for extra damage. As with most fights these days you need to be quick at target switching to maximize your dps, especially considering raid buffs. Your overall raid dps is much better than my guild's as you're killing the boss a full 2 minutes faster than mine, but his damage is definitely lacking right now.

Item Level 395
    Expectations: General raise in dps on all fights, especially warmaster, ultra, and the two generals and hag.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Thêrapist/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hlfefn6wugb1smqi/details/2/

Looking specifically for methods and means of dot management especially on multiple targets. also should i wait to use AA with shadow fiend every time or use AA/bottle on cd since it is normally shorter than shadowfiend.

Helpmydeeps, you shouldn't be using bottled wishes on every fight. It's primarily used for heroic spine burst on tendons. Overall it isn't very good. If you have cunning, or even insignia they are much better.

As far as tracking dots on multiple targets I highly recommend using tidy plates and fortexcorist. If you are using the mind spike rotation its worth it to wait for aa to a certain point, but if not just got ahead and use it on cd. Based on your haste I don't think yours will line up often, so you might as well just go ahead and use it on CD. As far as bottled wishes, get rid of it until heroic spine.

Briefly looking over your gear, your reforges are a bit off. I'm a firm believer that it isn't worth it to be under hit cap. I recommend using wowreforge for your reforges.

Actually looking back over there has been a fair amount of time that has passed a lot of the people who have gotten skipped which unfortunately complicates reviewing a lot. If any of you got skipped and still would like feedback please make a new post (or you could pm me), and I'll get to it asap. Sorry about the lateness, it's just been a busy/rough last month or so.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-03-31 at 06:15 PM.

Item Level 400.4, no legendary
    Expectations: I'd like to pull around 40 k on ultraxion, we're losing out on 10 % spellpower because our lock is stubborn...
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Arelie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/iuj4z8ifsfqe3klq/details/3/?enc=wipes&boss=55294

We didn't kill Ultraxion HC because 1 of our healers are bad, and we're trying to fix that issue Also even if I had 10 % spell power I don't think I would've done a whole lot more dps, maybe around 38,5 k?

edit: just wanted to mention that our guild split up and that's why we're struggelig killing hc bosses right now
    Last edited by tobben; 2012-03-31 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted

Shivasana's log

Hai guys!
    This is my first post here and I would like to have some helpful comments on how to improve my dps based on this Heroic Ultraxion log. I was adviced here as we don't have many shadow priests at the guild atm and the others don't really know about shadow priest ways.

Item level 396
    Expectations To receive useful tips and information concerning my damage output
    Armory link battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Shivasana/advanced
    WoL link worldoflogs.com/reports/8rptyiddm6ymeze0

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by tobben View Post
    Item Level 400.4, no legendary
    Expectations: I'd like to pull around 40 k on ultraxion, we're losing out on 10 % spellpower because our lock is stubborn...
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Arelie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/iuj4z8ifsfqe3klq/details/3/?enc=wipes&boss=55294

We didn't kill Ultraxion HC because 1 of our healers are bad, and we're trying to fix that issue Also even if I had 10 % spell power I don't think I would've done a whole lot more dps, maybe around 38,5 k?

edit: just wanted to mention that our guild split up and that's why we're struggelig killing hc bosses right now
    I am getting "Character not found" when trying to look up your armory.

For the Logs I am mostly look at Try 7 because that appears to be the group's best try on Ultraxion.

Honestly it looks like you are doing everything you really can there. Your DoT uptimes (when adjusted for time spent doing the MB/MS rotation) are all above 90%, you got in as many MB as you probably can in that fight. The only thing that you could do better on is more sw:d usage, though that probably has more to do with your group wiping than anything else. So keep doing what you are doing basically.

If you get a new link to your armory I'll take a look at that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivasana View Post
    Hai guys!
    This is my first post here and I would like to have some helpful comments on how to improve my dps based on this Heroic Ultraxion log. I was adviced here as we don't have many shadow priests at the guild atm and the others don't really know about shadow priest ways.

Item level 396
    Expectations To receive useful tips and information concerning my damage output
    Armory link battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Shivasana/advanced
    WoL link worldoflogs.com/reports/8rptyiddm6ymeze0

Thank you in advance!
    Re-reforging to reach hit-cap will make-up for a little bit of a DPS loss. Missing 2 mindflays and 1 VT is pretty big. Especially if you don't recast VT right away.

Your DoT uptimes are fairly low on a single target fight. Try to increase those a bit. VT should always be above 96% on a single target fight like Ultraxion.

One thing I noticed is that when you used Dispersion for Hour of Twilights you didn't cancel them. As soon as you take damage from that you should make a macro to /cancelaura Dispersion so you can resume DPSing right after you soak.
    Vyroxx @ Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    hi, pls can u help me? im rly disgusted from my dps, used to play shadow during FL... even with 381eq i had better dmg than now.. i know the rotation, reforges etc. i play SP/holy/disco as alt for 3years... actualy maybe i missed somethin, cuz its my 5th alt now or i dunno but my dps rly sucks...

ilvl: 397
    Expectations: just do normal avg dps, even with my blood dk as tank on ultrax i do more dmg (like 32k...)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Ouwe/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=3685&e=3972

thx for help

edit: i got lower dot uptime due to stacking aa with shadowfiend and doin ms/mb rotation for that while... i read its better for dps...
    and on training dummy i do like 22-24k selfbuffed.. i feel its low too for my ilvl, but dunno what is wrong.. as i said, during FL times, i was one of the best dps even when compared to better geared SP and other classes..
    Last edited by mmoc30bbabf1b8; 2012-04-05 at 01:44 AM.