Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pain Sup only lasting 2 seconds on H Madness

My guild is attempting H Madness and we've run into a problem of Pain Suppression only lasting 2 seconds. As of now our strat has the priest putting Pain Suppression on the tank right before the first impale on the 3rd platform. Every time though Pain Sup has fallen off after only 2 seconds, leaving the tank to take the impale without it. We've talked about it quite extensively and can't find any reason for why it's falling off early. Anyone else experience this or have a reason? Thanks!

Tell your tank to stop canceling the aura? Otherwise, just put it right before the impale.

The priest is now waiting until the very last second to cast it, but he shouldn't have to. The tank swears on it that he has not been cancelling it either manually or by macro. We can't think of anything that interacts with it. It's not much of a problem anymore but just bugging our curiosity.

Deleted
    It works fine for my guild, I'm sure the tank has some addon or macro that cancels it. Did you check WoL logs to see if the buff is actually being cast and dropping after 2 seconds?

tell him to turn off his buff addons if he has any and just keep turning off different adds until you figure it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he uses any funny addons some have built in aura cancels for things that reduce threat.

Deleted
    Why would anyone have anything that cancels pain supression? I think the priest is doing it wrong and casting it to early or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Why would anyone have anything that cancels pain supression?
    You'd be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Why would anyone have anything that cancels pain supression?
    They could have an addon which cancels buffs which reduce threat, ect.

I think the priest is doing it wrong and casting it to early or something.
    No. That's not how the spell works.

Casting it too early wouldn't reduce the duration. Nothing the Priest can do would reduce the duration.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    They could have an addon which cancels buffs which reduce threat, ect.
    Please do enlighten us. I can't think of a single reason to have an addon that cancels threat reduction, or a reason to make one.

Btw I use my pain sup on the same impale, but I found it wasn't enough at times, so I included my barrier aswell, the timing would allow for me to use it there and doing the bolt hit on the 4th platform.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-23 at 04:20 PM.

I don't have a problem with it its odd you would run into this check the cancel auras

Please do enlighten us. I can't think of a single reason to have an addon that cancels threat reduction, or a reason to make one.
    Maybe because threat reduction as a tank is bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It's definitely not something related to the encounter.

Deleted
    Well, dying cancels the buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Maybe because threat reduction as a tank is bad?
    5%?... Noone is ever gonna cancel pain supression with the current threat mechanics.

Deleted
    5%?... Noone is ever gonna cancel pain supression with the current threat mechanics.
    Yeah. But addons do stupid shit if you don't config them yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    Yeah. But addons do stupid shit if you don't config them yourself.
    What addons?!?!

What addons?!?!
    Ones configured to remove things like Hand of Salvation and Pain Suppression? Google it.

Deleted
    What addons?!?!
    Then bring me your 'right' conclusion to his problem? How can his PS only last two seconds all of a sudden when no one elses does, and, when it have been working properly for years.

Edit: And, on top of that, a friend of mine used to do this to me aswell when we were running dungeons. I have a crap-geared paladin I used to lol around on. My friend was tanking and I was healing. I used to try and toss Hand of salvation on him or w/e it's called to troll him. But he had some shit that removed it straight away.
    Last edited by mmocae31beb646; 2012-03-23 at 11:28 PM.

When on my alt pally, I regularly HoP my guildies while they DPS. It's a long running gag, the good players either have cancel aura macros or addons while the bad players DPS the whole time with it up and never even right click it off. The tank in this post, *MAY* (or may not!) have an addon that's doing this and he's not making the association. He's clearly not doing it deliberately. To rule this out, he should definitely turn them all off, save for the critical ones that definitely do not do this (DBM, Skada, etc)