Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Siege of Orgrimmar raid entrance?

It seems like we have an obvious answer to that, but, where, do you think, will be the entrance to this raid?

Deleted
    Front door

10+ Year Old Account
    putting in a summons stone at the front gate would just clutter things up more so then it already is.. im thinking.. if this is going to become an actual raid (i hope so even as a devout horde) that with Garrosh being so close to the front gate.. its more likely the entrance would be placed at the rear, for a "progressive" march thru Org.. besting generals/lieutenants along the way.

Deleted
    It could be like Molten Core after the attunement: you talk to a guy. In this case it could be you'd have to talk to a racial leader (one for the allys and another for the Horde), or talk to some single person for both factions. I just hope blizzard doesn't locate enterances to close to SW or ORG.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Horde it could begin at the Echo Isles

For Alliance it could begin at the bridge between Durtoar and Barrens

dooh.. Who needs entrance when you can just queue for the instance and get ported in.

Personally I think it will turn out to be more along the lines of the new scenarios technology. I think it would be a nice way to introduce the new feature as well as not restricting it to a raid and class rolls.

I vote that during the Garrosh raid patch, Orgrimmar cannot be entered into as Horde. The entire place would be instanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lohi View Post
    dooh.. Who needs entrance when you can just queue for the instance and get ported in.
    because REAL raids require you to go to said instance location...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm betting crazy Newtm Jaina will simply port us into his throneroom.
    Terry Pratchett has a bird on his head.

Actively playing Tily Pond, Dvatori, Ruary Freyfeather, and Winifred Pond.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    U know what would be really cool ? if it was like an entire army that attacked orgrimmar but your raid would come in the back entrance to clear things out before the army storms in the frost gates! that would be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about this since it probably won;t be in caverns of time again. Then I thought they could add a NPC you talk to who phases you in front of org and you could take the raid portal in. But second guessing that it wouldn't make sense for horde toons to peacefully co-exist in org during a patch we raid Garrosh. I'm almost certain in 5.3 orgrimmar as we know it in game doesn't exist. It'll be full of hostile NPCs for both factions and horde main city will be somewhere else(TB or echo isles?). It's actually a pretty big event in Lore, all things considered.

Deleted
    Think I read somewhere that Garrosh is cooking something nasty underneath Orgrimmar so the instance may include new as yet unseen parts of the city. As for the entrance I imagine that from the title "seige of Orgrimmar" the whole city is heavily fortified and under bombardment with the player's group being given A-Team access to a secret passageway to do what needs to be done. Either that, or knowing Blizz, a portal straight inside from our respective faction city in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I vote that during the Garrosh raid patch, Orgrimmar cannot be entered into as Horde. The entire place would be instanced.
    But then what happens at the end of the expansion? They suddenly remove the raid, or add a random teleport spot somewhere?

Here's a thought - maybe we can be either teleported or air-dropped in (the drop sticking us in a phased raid environment) from a nearby airship? No more lootship, no actual FIGHT on the ship, just a summon stone and a staging area, basically.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Garrosh will expect the front door. Orgrimmar has two side entrances, too.

I don't know how it will play out, but I think it would be cool (thematically) to have Alliance invading from one side (say, the Azshara side) and Horde invading from the other (Southfury River side).

Baunilha's comment makes sense, though. If the entrance was at or around Org, then the lagfest would be hardcore.

Having TB as the Org raid starting point for Horde would be interesting. It would populate that part of the world again.
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 2012-03-23 at 02:04 PM.

Ok more serious answer would be that you have instance portal somewhere in Stormwind (for the alliance only ofc) and so you walk through. When you enter the instance first thing you do is to get aboard of a gunship and then you fight seagulls along the way to Ogrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Caverns of Time.
    Not CoT again, please.

I thought DS entrance sucked so much. Since its launch I don't know if DS is present, past or future.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Garrosh is cooking something nasty underneath Orgrimmar
    You did; and he is.

Ragefire Chasm has been redone to this effect. Personally I think it's too early and too little is known of the circumstances of the raid to give anything more than conjecture. I am quite fond of the idea of the entire raid being themed as a mass battle through the streets and eventually into a "secret lair" below the city; your raid acts as a cohesive unit, fighting through waves of opposition (as trash) and having to hold certain objectives or best specific foes (boss encounters) to turn the tide sufficiently as to finally face Garrosh. Purely speculative, but its what I would like to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Here's a thought - maybe we can be either teleported or air-dropped in (the drop sticking us in a phased raid environment) from a nearby airship? No more lootship, no actual FIGHT on the ship, just a summon stone and a staging area, basically.
    (Good god, I love your avatar.)

The triumphant return of Sky Captain Swayze and Ka'anu Reevs!
    Make it so!
    Terry Pratchett has a bird on his head.

Actively playing Tily Pond, Dvatori, Ruary Freyfeather, and Winifred Pond.