Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    i agree with the 50 dodge thing, lower the time of it, or the dodge rate, or increase the cd
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    Not going to lie these look incredible. Brewmaster tanks are going to be insanely good.
    They said it won't be op as DK were during release... so for some reason I feel it'll either be OP or UP ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    looking pretty cool, the abilites are VERY nice. As a future Brewmaster I'm cautiously optimistic about their mastery, seems pretty decent, but I've got a few questions. Mostly, what happens if you're currently staggering damage, and it procs again? Do you get a seperate debuff that will proc three seconds later, or does the first debuff refresh, and when THAT 3 seconds runs out, you get the damage from both hits? Because that could be bad , I can just see it stacking up to crazy, and then suddenly BOOM you get hit for like 500k and oneshot yourself ;p

Also is it just me, or are the talents actually pretty weak? Especially the last tier, not really sure which one I'll pick, because they ALL sound kinda lame..
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I do like the look of these talents and abilities. But boy oh boy, just looking at the abilities I sense DK mkII QQ incoming.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

I never liked the fact that they make classes which can do all 3 roles, should either be 2 dps specs (ranged and melee) and a tank or healing spec. Of course I will try monk on beta, but first char to 90 is orc hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookiee View Post
    Ring of Peace

Instant, 2 min cooldown
    Forms a sanctuary around you, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. Lasts 10 seconds.

That sounds So OP if its how i think it is. So literally anyone can walk into that? and cant be cast on? W T F!
    causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells this doesn't make it an AoE bubble, but rather a pacified zone where no one can cast or hit (enemy wise) u can still be targeted and pretty much killed if your enemy is outside that area

Deleted
    Would say, as all gentlemen would do, that this is rubbish There is many flaws in the system and so many abilities that is not ever going to be used if not changed. The brewmaster class is overpowered and underpowered at the same time, since it has super CD but we got no info on how they are going to survive with leather armor outside of the stance of the ox. Mistweaver got a lot of nice abilities but they all lack a red thread that can connect them all together, and finally the windwalker.... why do you need an ability for every weapen you can use?? :O They need to be tuned a lot and i dont really feel that this should have been out already since it is so unfinished.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

50% dodge and generate 5 chi on dodges? not going to happend.

My guess is that the dodge thing has an 8 sec duration.

For a moment i was looking forward to stack stamina and 1 shot everything.. while leveling atleast

The did the same thing with deathknights balanced blood around self heals. It blew because they kept buffing bloods damage instead of just giving theme passive mig and if they buffed the healing the amount of griefing people could do because they hit 2 buttons was dumb. Just give monks passive talents like druids and for the love of god stop with the rng. It's fine in Pve but it's fing retarded in pvp.

50% perma dodge buff is not a mistake.

It's just the monk equivalent to plate and shield, I don't understand why you people aren't getting that. Monks use leather, they need something to make up for that.

Druids use leather, so they get an armor buff.
    DKs don't have a shield, so they get a small armor buff.
    Pallies and warriors have plate and shield, so they're balanced around that.
    Monks use leather, so they get super dodge.

"hurrdurr, wouldn't this create really spikey incoming damage?" Well that's exactly why they having this "shrugging" mechanic that does little else but reduce spikeyness.
    Last edited by ak213jd; 2012-03-24 at 12:10 PM.

can't help but to laugh at all the QQers ... we don't even know how this is going to work out at max level so before saying that this or this is broken... just wait and try enjoying what we can while we can =D

Quote Originally Posted by ak213jd View Post
    50% perma dodge buff is not a mistake.

It's just the monk equivalent to plate and shield, I don't understand why you people aren't getting that. Monks use leather, they need something to make up for that.

Druids use leather, so they get an armor buff.
    DKs don't have a shield, so they get a small armor buff.
    Pallies and warriors have plate and shield, so they're balanced around that.
    Monks use leather, so they get super dodge.

"hurrdurr, wouldn't this create really spikey incoming damage?" Well that's exactly why they having this "shrugging" mechanic that does little else but reduce spikeyness.
    The 50% dodge buff only lasts 10 seconds in beta currently. the 45 second buff text is incorrect. If it was permanent why wouldn't they just make is a passive skill? :P

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    The 50% dodge buff only lasts 10 seconds in beta currently. the 45 second buff text is incorrect. If it was permanent why wouldn't they just make is a passive skill? :P
    To make tanking more active, to make monks more vulnerable in PvP, etc.

I know pallies and/or warriors had to press a shield related ability essentially whenever it was up to tank. I don't know if this is still true, but the idea isn't exactly new.

As I pointed out, they absolutely have to make up for the fact that brewmasters wear leather while other tanks have plate and shield. This seems like the best candidate as the monk equivalent to "increas[es] armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 120%."

If it only lasts 10 seconds in beta I think it's either bugged or they've changed their minds about how to make brewmasters more durable. In which case, we should expect to see some other mechanic introduced to increase their durability.
    Last edited by ak213jd; 2012-03-28 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drorman View Post
    it all really looks amazing but one thing i was very disappointed that the skill "storm earth and fire" the pandaren had in wc3 isnt in it anywhere
    Don't worry just yet! The Pandaren in wc3 may appear later in wow :P

I will most likely tank for the first time when i see how monk is now.

Deleted
    I like them , pretty cool tbh