Poll: Dwarf

Deleted
    I've heard rumours that Brian Blessed might be playing King Dain in the second film.

Bilbo's alive ?!?! Dive!!!!
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I've heard rumours that Brian Blessed might be playing King Dain in the second film.
    please god yes, i hope so lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjernelys View Post
    Yeah I hope that as well. Can't wait for the movies, but I'm so afraid I'll be disappointed
    I think if people are to be disapointed its because they look at The Hobbit as if its The Lord Of The Rings but in the end both stories have a different path where one is about bilbo and all the stuff he does leading upto finding the ring defeating smaug The lord of the rings is about destroying the ring in one way they got a connection but also not i think that people will be disapointed at it if u look back at the past.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    I think if people are to be disapointed its because they look at The Hobbit as if its The Lord Of The Rings but in the end both stories have a different path where one is about bilbo and all the stuff he does leading upto finding the ring defeating smaug The lord of the rings is about destroying the ring in one way they got a connection but also not i think that people will be disapointed at it if u look back at the past.
    Well yeah I guess that's true. It really is two different stories. I'm sure they'll do a great job making the movie. I guess I'm just scared they won't add stuff I personally think are important and suchs, or just change things just a tad bit too much. But I'm sure I'll love it anyway, even though I'll probably nitpick on anything if I can find something to complain about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjernelys View Post
    Well yeah I guess that's true. It really is two different stories. I'm sure they'll do a great job making the movie. I guess I'm just scared they won't add stuff I personally think are important and suchs, or just change things just a tad bit too much. But I'm sure I'll love it anyway, even though I'll probably nitpick on anything if I can find something to complain about
    They certainly will change some bits of the story. With the LotR movies, they all too if they want to keep the world they have created coherent. For an exemple, they probably change the fight at the Trollshaws. The trolls talk cockney in The Hobbit. They only grunt in LotR movies. I bet we wont hear them talk in The Hobbit movie. In the video blogs, we see the dwarves fighting the Trolls. In the book, they are simply captured one by one. The goblins will also act differently. I wonder how they will get the elf guard drunk, now that we saw Legolas beat a dwarf a a drinking game in RotK... They will also add some bits from LotR that relates to the events barely sketched in The Hobbit. The tone of the movie will also be much darker than the book.

I'm not against those minor changes, as long as they respect the characters. The main critics I've made about Jackson's movies were all about the characters : Elrond, Legolas, Faramir, Denethor... But I liked the movies a lot. A movie and a book are two different beasts. Let's consider each on their own merits. I remain confident Peter Jackson will do a great job and that I'll enjoy the next two movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actualy the movie was better then the book (talking about The Lord of the rings.)
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

What i find funny is how different shooting is going TLOTR was shot over a long period from 1999 till somewhere in 2000 in the studio's for around 450 days and from that point on they went into new zealand from 2000 till july 2003 so in a period of 4 years they shot 3 movies

With The Hobbit they are doing all shooting in 254 days from januari 2011 till november 2012 with short breaks inbetween and also a bit of shooting in 2013 for the 2e part so... or they got realy fast into filming it (they might have more people now and better camera's and better technology) or TLOTR was so complex shooting wise with building stuff like minas tirith and Helmsdeep and the Black gates actualy it suprises me all

Now i think the difference is prob also in shooting in periods where The hobbit is shot over 2 years with lots of breaks of a month inbetween with The lord Of The Rings they actualy hardly had much breaks they had more characters spreaded over different scenes so they had more Shooting units (7 i belive) where the hobbit got 2 units atm so there was a lot more traveling involved for TLOTR.

Btw i do recommend for every fan of this franchise to watch the making of The Lord Of The Rings from the Special Edition dvd/blueray it was truely amazing too see how they actualy shot it and how they build the stages it allmost felt like your a part of it but it is a bit long tho prob 20 hours of footage from TLOTR.
    Remember though the Hobbit is one book broken up into two movies, where the LOTR was three books into three movies. I imagine both parts of the hobbit will land at 2.5 hours, where I believe the shortest LOTR was 3 hours. So in terms of content/filming its a ton of time for one book.

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 04:44 AM ----------

Actualy the movie was better then the book (talking about The Lord of the rings.)
    People really overuse the phrase, "Book was better than the movie." Originally that term was used for bad movies based off a book, now its used all over the place. Books have more detail because they have to give you enough detail so you can draw your own picture, where movies draw the picture for you and its up to you to understand it. My opinion, if the movie or tv show rendition is good/excellent then its not better or worse than the book its on equal standing. Basically if you don't want to read the book, the movie/tv show works nearly as well. Reading is always good for you though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post

People really overuse the phrase, "Book was better than the movie." Originally that term was used for bad movies based off a book, now its used all over the place. Books have more detail because they have to give you enough detail so you can draw your own picture, where movies draw the picture for you and its up to you to understand it. My opinion, if the movie or tv show rendition is good/excellent then its not better or worse than the book its on equal standing. Basically if you don't want to read the book, the movie/tv show works nearly as well. Reading is always good for you though.
    That might be for "you" but i read the books and saw the movies and in my opinion the movies where beter then the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing book, lets hope for an amazing movie!
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Can't wait to go back to Middle Earth although it sucks a bit knowing the story won't be as epic as in LotR.
    I like the Hobbit more than LOTR

I also really hope they incorporate most if not all the songs, especially songs like Attercop, the barrel song, or the 15 birds song. They really help set the scenes in the book and most of those scenes would feel awkward without them
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-04-02 at 09:55 PM.

I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was the Lord of the Rings trilogy, since I didn't like the Hobbit books quite as much (mostly because of the increased emphasis on Hobbits; I don't like them) but I'll definitely be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was the Lord of the Rings trilogy, since I didn't like the Hobbit books quite as much (mostly because of the increased emphasis on Hobbits; I don't like them) but I'll definitely be watching.
    Hmm wasn't LotR all about Hobbits, especially the first chapter? It went on and on about who was related to whom and so on. Also 4 of the main characters were hobbits. I personally felt that The Hobbit was much more about the Dwarfs, actually.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I like the Hobbit more than LOTR

I also really hope they incorporate most if not all the songs, especially songs like Attercop, the barrel song, or the 15 birds song. They really help set the scenes in the book and most of those scenes would feel awkward without them
    So long as they have the epicness of the 1970s era Hobbit animated movie's Goblintown song, I will be happy.

And it wouldn't be as awesome if it deviates from the sound in any way. So long as the music sounds very similar, and the voice of the singing is deep like that, I will be high on awesome.

That might be for "you" but i read the books and saw the movies and in my opinion the movies where beter then the book.
    Where did I disagree with you? I was simply pointing out its an overused phrase, which isn't opinion its a fact. Its said about EVERY translation. If you liked the movies better, then good for you, I think they are both awesome and don't feel the need to raise one above the other.

I didn't read the LOTR books but I read the Hobbit. Gandalf and his sneaky ways to force Bilbo into adventure.

Can't wait, best book ever imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am VERY looking forward to this, I must say. I enjoyed the book so much that I feel it is about time they added this to the film list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    So long as they have the epicness of the 1970s era Hobbit animated movie's Goblintown song, I will be happy.

And it wouldn't be as awesome if it deviates from the sound in any way. So long as the music sounds very similar, and the voice of the singing is deep like that, I will be high on awesome.
    Howard Shore is the soundtrack composer. I doubt he will change the usual style of LotR movies so that a few songs sound like a 1970's animated movie made for children. I also doubt any orc/goblin would sing in the next movie.

We know we will hear Far over the misty mountains cold . Since there's a scene where we see the dwarves juggling with plates, we will probably hear some variation of That's what Mr Baggins hates. The Elves songs probably wont be heard too. They would be too childish, to happy and would not fit with the sterness and solemnity of Jackson's Elves. Maybe we'll hear The road goes ever on. This is not a musical afterall!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really looking forward to it. But then again, who isn’t?