Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    Honestly I am kind of hoping they remove reck from balance symbiosis. If we can get it in raids we will be balanced around it, and I would much rather be competitive without it and get to pick a random utility spell that might help out in each encounter. Same for ferals and unholy frenzy.

Actually now that I think about it I really wonder what they intend for it. Both feral and balance have one since choice for competitive dps, which will obviously mean they won't perform to their potential if they don't get it. Which means that you wont get to pick any of the neat utility abilities, and if the class that gives you your cooldown isn't around in your raid you will not do competitive dps.

And finally it means that if you are pushing hardmode progression and need to put it on a healer for the extra tranq, well suddenly your dps is going to be suboptimal. Which seems weird, nerfing your dps in order to increase someone elses heals feels like going back to the old days where you just brought classes for buffs. I dunno, I hope the ability will go through a few changes before release at any rate.
    Its not nearly as strong as you are making it out to be its NOTHING compared to the night and day difference between getting Dark Intent or not (which thank god is getting removed as a single buff). And getting a single warrior in your raid is a lot easier than getting DI from a warlock was. But if for some reason you cant link with a Warrior cause one isnt there or cause you need something else for a specific fight your dps wont be that different really, its a 5M CD it isnt that drastic. As a balance druid it would prob be smart to macro Barkskin in with Recklessness to negate the damage taken component.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Mihir,

Notice you swapped Cyclone and Tranquility for Priests, giving Tranquility to shadow only. What lead you to that?

It would balance things a bit more though.
    Its because he noticed that DPS specs were getting healing spells (Mage/Warlock) and having the shadow priest get tranq as an optional healing CD made much more sense than a healer getting it balance wise
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-03-25 at 11:00 PM.

Barkskin is pretty lame for a Rogue. Rogues don't really need another damage reduction cooldown... remember CR? Back before they put it on a shared CD with cloak and you would actually use it occasionally...

Well I guess it'll have the occasional use but nothing like Priests being able to throw out cyclone (that's gonna hurt) shamans getting a stealth and all the insane abilities the druid themselves will get. I'm pretty concerned about dps classes getting dps buffs from symbiosis (Ret Pallys for example) because then this just becomes part of the normal DPS rotation and using it for utility is a dps loss. It should only be used for utility, control and survival IMO.

I quit wow like 3 months ago and, it wasnt until io read about this ability that i had the urge to come back. I dont really care if it gives dps and i really dont care if its considered broken for good or for bad. It just looks...fun. I wanna spend different bg's and different raids getting all the different abilities and using the right tool for the job based on boss mechanics etc. I'm extremely excited for MoP as my druid has been my main for most of my wow time playing over the past 4 years and i only see more fun in the future with this ability.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

I guarantee the more obvious choices that people are already banking on (recklessness on boomies, frenzy on druids, berserk on monks etc.) will be changed.

When you have some classes getting utility stuff like dash/prowl/barkskin, and others getting full on buffs for their main role, it is not going to go live like that.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-03-26 at 02:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I guarantee the more obvious choices that people are already banking on (recklessness on boomies, frenzy on druids, berserk on monks etc.) will be changed.

When you have some classes getting utility stuff like dash/prowl/barkskin, and others getting full on buffs for their main role, it is not going to go live like that.
    Why? It's not game breaking, and it's a druid ability, who cares if the other classes cry?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Just saying... when you already have two specs pretty much set on who they will target in PVE every time you can pretty much guarantee that it is not balanced and will be changed.

Just saying... when you already have two specs pretty much set on who they will target in PVE every time you can pretty much guarantee that it is not balanced and will be changed.
    Implying that it's any different than how Dark Intent and Focus Magic are implemented on live. People are always going to just math how who it should go to for the biggest raid DPS gain, doesn't matter how well they balance it.

It entirely comes down if they want it to be just utility or both utility and damage.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Implying that it's any different than how Dark Intent and Focus Magic are implemented on live. People are always going to just math how who it should go to for the biggest raid DPS gain, doesn't matter how well they balance it.

It entirely comes down if they want it to be just utility or both utility and damage.
    Unless they change them to be more in-line with the others, and not be direct role buffs No one is a big fan of DI or FM anyway for the very reasons you mention, they are just there and people use them best as possible.

Very few are actual direct buffs, I pretty much listed them.

Take resto for instance, only spirit walkers grace even helps the actual role, and it is not even a direct buff, only allowing for movement while casting...
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-03-26 at 02:59 AM.

Unless they change them to be more in-line with the others, and not be direct role buffs No one is a big fan of DI or FM anyway for the very reasons you mention, they are just there and people use them best as possible.

Very few are actual direct buffs, I pretty much listed them.

Take resto for instance, only spirit walkers grace even helps the actual role, and it is not even a direct buff, only allowing for movement while casting...
    its so friggen useless for a druid, =_=" ALL WE DO IS HOTS like cmon except a few times.
    id rather have healing rain.. imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove this from PvP or shit is gonna get real

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Remove this from PvP or shit is gonna get real
    meanwhile theres a few 87 abilities that shouldnt be allowed in pvp either
    MAGES
    COUGH
    COUGH COUGH
    that timelapse shiet D=

edit; but im all for it not being usable in arena / rbg's if that means it wont get beaten to shreds because of that, and other 87 abilities that are obv gonna be op arent allowed either

Unholy DKs are my new BFF <3
    Gorelaz *猩猩

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Shaman / Feral / Rogue

Symbiosis to the Shaman.

Everyone starts in stealth.

Rogue group stealth to reset.

Resto ghost wolfs out of combat and stealths.

Feral gets a big damage cool down.

Uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be pissed if this goes live, I get a shit Mushroom Ability while Feral take my Unholy Frenzy as Unholy? Yeah stuff that, it needs working, they're gonna need to add something worth the loss of Unholy Frenzy, because those mushrooms don't come close to it.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-03-26 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm gonna be pissed if this goes live, I get a shit Mushroom Ability while Feral take my Unholy Frenzy as Unholy? Yeah stuff that, it needs working, they're gonna need to add something worth the loss of Unholy Frenzy, because those mushrooms don't come close to it.
    You don't actually lose your ability. You just gain another one. I'm shocked to hear you say you don't want Wild Mushrooms because wild mushrooms were ridiculously overpowered throughout Cataclysm and your version just happens to also debuff every thing it hits!

Come on! You gotta like something about that. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    You don't actually lose your ability. You just gain another one. I'm shocked to hear you say you don't want Wild Mushrooms because wild mushrooms were ridiculously overpowered throughout Cataclysm and your version just happens to also debuff every thing it hits!

Come on! You gotta like something about that. =P
    I assumed it replaced the ability completely until Symbiosis faded. In that case, I actually wouldn't mind it.

I assumed it replaced the ability completely until Symbiosis faded. In that case, I actually wouldn't mind it.
    You also get a spell call Symbiosis that will change into the spell whenever a druid casts it on you. This way you can preemptively key bind it for later use.

Deleted
    Why do people keep assuming that...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Resto Shaman / Feral / Rogue

Symbiosis to the Shaman.

Everyone starts in stealth.
    Hunters will be able to stealth as well.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Hunters will be able to stealth as well.
    Oh yeah. Forgot about the glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE