Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They said you will get access when the beta goes live... but didn't say when you will get access!?

I'm not an english major, but usually the word "when" and following descriptors tends to be when something is defined as being a specific time.

o_O
    That was said before the beta was live, that was him saying "your not going to get a beta invite before the beta is live" which does not = you will get a invite the second it starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    It's actually an excellent practice to be ambiguous in business because then there are no proper declarations that could lead to lawsuits.
    There are no lawsuits for spoken word, only contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel entitled to a refund of the money that I have paid since I signed up. This is clearly a breach of contract.

Deleted
    threads started to bash someone's views usually ends up in an argument about such views.

I feel you started this thread just to encourage more QQ and flame which directly contradicts "I try to stay out of nonsense like this"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    From one of the numerous other threads about the same damn thing.
    You'd be right, if the dude if the video would've said "when it is live". But "when it goes live" defines the very moment when the beta GOES live.

Sorry, but people who are upset are right to be so - wouldnt doubt if Blizzard announces a large drop out of people from the AP in the Q1 reports.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If someone gives you a free ticket to see a movie and says "you will be able to she this movie for when it is released in theater." That doesn't doesn't mean you get to see it for free the very first showing on the release day, it means during the time period that is released in theaters. Could be the first day or 3 weeks later.
    Actually it does mean you will be able to see the movie once its released.
    Anyway I don't care about this but I hate to see bs...''when it goes live'' means what it means,when it friggin goes live you have acces.
    I don't see the need to bs people or take them for idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...14?page=12#229

October 25, 2011.

I try to stay out of nonsense like this, but you people are literally getting upset over nothing.

I don't recall anyone raising their torches and pitchforks when it was ORIGINALLY stated that beta access would be sent out in waves.

It's just another example of how no matter what Blizzard does, it's never good enough for some people.
    The way this whole thing has gone down reminds me of the opening sequence in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

"Mr. Dent, you had ample time to prevent the destruction of your home, the plans to run a bypass through where your house resides have been on display for public viewing for 9 months now."

"You haven't gone much out of your way to call much attention to them, have you. Like TELLING anybody or anything?"

"But the plans WERE on display!"

"On Display!? I had to go down to the Cellar..."

"That's the display department."

"...with a Torch..."

"The lights probably gone"

"...so had the stairs..."

"but you did see the notice, didn't you?"

"Oh yes... it was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign outside the door saying "Beware of the Leopard.""
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-03-26 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    There are no lawsuits for spoken word, only contract.
    Dunno about you, but people sueing each other over curses insults sign a contract in your country? Spoken word is as strong as a contract if you've enought proof to back it up (in this example: the video).

They said we'd get access WHEN IT GOES LIVE. That is an instantaneous moment in time. They did not say we would have guaranteed access "while" it was live, but rather GET IT WHEN it was live. Call it semantics all you want, but this terminology has legal ramifications in other industries. Blizzard dropped the ball.

well which ever way you interpretate what was said in the video, you still signed and agreed to a contract that said they can change if they want to. which in reality is the bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    threads started to bash someone's views usually ends up in an argument about such views.

I feel you started this thread just to encourage more QQ and flame which directly contradicts "I try to stay out of nonsense like this"
    Seeing as you didn't pay a dime for the beta I don't see how and why you would be refunded.

Sure to a pointed due to poor wording on their end there was a breach of contract, but the money paid was for the game, the contract you agreed to was game and access to the current title. All you can do is opt out of you binding agreement and not be stick paying for a year with any negative reprecussions.

I quoted the wrong person here, my post was a few up from this to the gay who said he should be refunded for the time he paid. Sorry for the mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Seeing as you didn't pay a dime for the beta I don't see how and why you would be refunded.

Sure to a pointed due to poor wording on their end there was a breach of contract, but the money paid was for the game, the contract you agreed to was game and access to the current title. All you can do is opt out of you binding agreement and not be stick paying for a year with any negative reprecussions.
    what relevance has that got to what i said ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If someone gives you a free ticket to see a movie and says "you will be able to she this movie for when it is released in theater." That doesn't doesn't mean you get to see it for free the very first showing on the release day, it means during the time period that is released in theaters. Could be the first day or 3 weeks later.
    First off, it's not a "Free ticket". You paid for it via the Annual Pass. What's the point of getting the annual pass if it wasn't for the Beta/D3/Ballerina pony?

Secondly, Movie tickets have a time-stamp on them telling you which showing you are to see. It's plainly written on the ticket WHEN your showing starts. Annual Pass people have no such stamp or indication as to when their "turn" will be.

Using your theory, if I was handed a ticket I could look at it and say "Hey, this is for a month after the movie is released at 2am!? You told me it would be good for When the movie hits theaters!"

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    what relevance has that got to what i said ?
    Just edited that, quoted the wrong person on accident. I'm doing this on my phone and it likes to scroll from time to time, hit the wrong button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    The way he says it, "You will also get guaranteed access into the next World of Warcraft expansion beta when IT goes live", if he hadn't given emphasis on the IT, then you could assume that you would get the access as soon as it went live, but he did use emphasis, giving it a whole new meaning. Like, "when IT (the beta) goes live", he was specifying the beta.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They said you will get access when the beta goes live... but didn't say when you will get access!?

I'm not an english major, but usually the word "when" and following descriptors tends to be when something is defined as being a specific time.

o_O
    Funny for someone attempting to look at the language like that you'd think you would have realized that "when" is not a descriptor to access. You will recieve beta access beta goes live. Notice how you don't have a complete sentence without the word when. When in this case is a noun. Since it is a noun referring to a time frame it is not a descriptor of access. When is a noun clarifying that beta is not currently live. Its as simple as that. They were trying to clarify that beta wasn't currently live and that access wouldn't happen until it was.