MoP beta: AMA Profession related.

So i got my beta client installed and copied 5 characters.
    Since i know alot of people want to know more about the red-headed stepchild that WoW Professions have become over the years i decided to create one of these.
    Post a question related to Professions and ill try to go and find you an answer.
    I have most Professions on those 5 chars altho i do lack Engineering/LW
    But ask related to those anyway since there are more people playing so maybe someone else can give me the answer.

Ill see how this goes for a while, if it turns out either people dont care (which is possible ofc) or that the answers cant be found in the current beta stage ill just stop this again

So hit me!

Any news about the new glyphs, their costs and the ink trading system? is blackfallow ink being all useless when the xpac hits - given that it's just used for 1 single glyph, it's pretty much useless.
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

/hit.

Really though, thank you for creating this thread. I am interested in how they're compensating Scribes for the loss of Prime glyphs. Also, what is the ore/rare ore in Pandaria? Are there Gem nodes for miner/JC's this time around (I read they were adding something like this similar to the super rare nodes in BC)?

And for anybody who does have Engineering, did they bring Cogs back?

hmm have they added any of the alchemy stuff in yet? if they have throw some stuff you can make at me

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a thread on professions already.. try searching.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    yah.. in an existing thread under professions.. somebody was nice enough to make a detailed list (incomplete though) of the new professions stuff.. Engi's will be getting cogs again.. hopefully they will be more useful this time. helms are also listed for using those cogs.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-03-27 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makine View Post
    Any news about the new glyphs, their costs and the ink trading system? is blackfallow ink being all useless when the xpac hits - given that it's just used for 1 single glyph, it's pretty much useless.
    Currently on beta you can trade 10 for 1 Starlight ink, which is the new green quality ink.
    No clue if that stays that way obviously.
    Other then that, not at the moment.
    Eventho im maxed Inscription the only thing i can learn is the 525-600 skill, no new recipes as of yet (on EU atleast)
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2012-03-28 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    What's level requirement to level profession above 525?

Quote Originally Posted by artaxares View Post
    What's level requirement to level profession above 525?
    You need to be level 80 to be a "Zen Master" (skill of profession till 600)

For info, skill requirement is 500.
    Last edited by aloak; 2012-03-27 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    nice, I won't have to level my prof chars then, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    there is a thread on professions already.. try searching.
    Oh please, more threads started by people with beta access willing to answer peoples' questions is never a bad thing.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    I'll leave it open My sticky is mostly datamining changes and I'm more than happy to add any little things found in the beta, although at the moment I think everything in the beta can be found in the files, things like locations and drop rates and so on are always best found by people playing the game. I don't have beta myself (yet) and I'm sure people have plenty of questions for those that are in

Alright, ill keep it going then.
    Ill just forward recipe questions towards the other topic, messing around creating a list of Alch recipes for example is really time consuming with taking screenshots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    /hit.

Really though, thank you for creating this thread. I am interested in how they're compensating Scribes for the loss of Prime glyphs.
    No mention at all, basically most the professions are still in 'locked' mode.
    From what i can see only Enchanting, Mining and Alchemy have (some) ingame recipes.
    Since its impossible to gain skillups past 525 atm (Mined about a dozen Orange Pyrite veins without skillups and tried several Cataclysm top enchants without succes) those aren't really useful.

Also, what is the ore/rare ore in Pandaria? Are there Gem nodes for miner/JC's this time around (I read they were adding something like this similar to the super rare nodes in BC)?
    Manticyte Ore and Ghost Iron Ore will be your starting/advanced ore with there being 2 green quality ones (White/Black Trillian Ore) which will take the role of the new titanium ore/pyrite ore etc.
    Of the ores currently only Ghost Iron has a smelt recipe ingame (2ores->1bar).
    The green quality ores will go into a 2+2->1bar ratio, seems those wont be all that rare.
    They might share a vein or be entirely different veins, no way to tell right now.

Yes they are, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...dated-28th-Mar for the full list.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadevex View Post
    hmm have they added any of the alchemy stuff in yet? if they have throw some stuff you can make at me
    500/525/550 recipes: http://imageshack.us/f/851/alch500525550.png/
    575/600 recipes: http://imageshack.us/f/401/alch575600.png/

Deleted
    Inscription: I don't suppose you have a [Book of Glyph Mastery] or ten that you could burn through?

Quote Originally Posted by Subi View Post
    Inscription: I don't suppose you have a [Book of Glyph Mastery] or ten that you could burn through?
    This is a great idea actually. Can someone try to use a few books and see if the new glyphs are coming from these guys? Of course, that means we need a beta tester with all glyphs available :P (Or at least, one that has learned all the books before)
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

Just transferred my scribe over with 30 books & I know all glyphs in game on live. So far if you use a book on beta you still get the "you have learned everything from that book", Also i didnt learn anything from northrend/minor research. seeing as how the monk glyphs aren't in the game yet this will change. I should point out too that you can get Snowfall Ink, Inferno Ink, and Starlight Ink all with 10 Blackfallow Ink. The rest are requiring the new MoP ink to get the lower teir inks (1:1 trade)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

If anyone knows (proboaly unable to tell). 5 mans orbs from end-bosses as always needet for epic starter gear?