Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake713 View Post
    Yes hunters lose a stat stick, but so does everyone else, relics are going away and ranged weapons are becoming hunter only items. My point stands; the numbers here are only a balance to the change in weapon damage, and when you take that into consideration they aren't really a nerf. Now whether hunter's numbers are balanced with respect to the other classes'? That, would take a hell of a lot more testing.
    yeah but the stats on 2 melee weapons is greater than the stats on the ranged weapons, thus hunters loose more
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by uchikon7 View Post
    Cool. Plenty of notes for DKs, particularly Blood, and all of them are debilitating. Tyvm for neutering my favorite tank more. I understand that they are trying to force everyone to be monks; killing off all other tank specs may be the trick to try the shiny new thing. Tank-neutering was not nearly this bad leading into WotLK for DKs.
    So you honestly thought the one class that can solo 80 raid bosses blindfolded, and even some current heroics, and do more damage as a tank than some DPS specs didnt need a nerf? Yea okay....

10+ Year Old Account
    So every melee interrupt has had its cooldown increased to 15 seconds, but you give windshear a range interrupt a 12 second cooldown. Really?!

Nice moonkin changes! the benefits we already have are in a 3min cd (10% nature and arcane, because that was WAY overpowered, ofc), no longer base damage increase to spell damage, shooting stars only proccing from critical strikes...We lose any advantages we had, and only get an agility conversion. Blizzard could just delete the spec so all we can choose from is kitty, bear or tree, and stop nerfbatting us all the damn time. Good to know that sub rogues (so underperforming) and locks are receiving WONDROUS amounts of lovebuffin` YAAAARGHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    So every melee interrupt has had its cooldown increased to 15 seconds, but you give windshear a range interrupt a 12 second cooldown. Really?!
    I believe Wind Shear lockout duration is less than Kick/Pummel lockout duration, hence a shorter CD.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    And give us arcane mages on offer again, cos I love it and fire mage is pain to play with.

Deleted
    I really like that priest set, shame I'll never roll a priest, hehe. Looking forward to see the other sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Blizz for nerving Blood DK, waited a long time for you to make me quit WoW, after the infinite Paladin nerves you do this, my favorite spec, destroyed, thank you, you saved my life!

Is it just me or the new talents and spells for Warlock feel a tad too complicated? Let's not overact though.. still way too early to make plans for rotations

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I believe Wind Shear lockout duration is less than Kick/Pummel lockout duration, hence a shorter CD.
    This is exactly correct.

The lockout period for wind shear is 3 seconds and the cooldown is 12 seconds.
    The lockout period for everything else is 4 seconds and the cooldown is 15 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    yeah but the stats on 2 melee weapons is greater than the stats on the ranged weapons, thus hunters loose more
    I don't see the problem in here.

Hunter lose a main hand weapon & gain a huge boost in ranged weapon stats.
    Everyone else loses ranged weapons/relics/totems & gains no boost to their weapons.

This makes it roughly equal and even in some ways a buff for hunters.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-27 at 01:48 PM.

As a Blood DK I currently tank all Twilight Heroics in pure DPS gear. No avoidance stats, DPS trinkets, Rune of Fallen Crusader...basically everything I do for Frost spec except with a 2H weap (Gurth, naturally). I do about 40K consistently. Gimmick fights like in Wells I push upwards of 70K. If I have a couple of even semi-decent 20K DPS in the group we can fly through that shit. And not a peep from healers about my survivability. With all the haste, my rune regen is getting to the point where I can Death Strike non-stop and even with leftover amounts of Mastery I'm still proc'ing more Blood Shield than mobs can burn through. AntiMagic Shell for anything Blood Shield can't do.

It's glorious but you know what? It's fucking just desserts for being shit on as tanks the entire Xpac.

Remember DK tanks at the start of Cata? Getting globalled because we had to eat massive hits to proc tissue thin shields? Dying because our healing strike could miss or be dodged? (Sorta like if a Warrior had a random chance to drop his shield on the floor instead of blocking). Remember healers basically hating DKs and all the overhealing wasted back when mana was scarce because they would top us off before our Death Strike heal could kick in?

I have played Blood DK since release and I have been through the highs and lows. I remember the godlike days early wrath with Heart Strike hitting two for 100% and Dancing Rune hitting two more for 100%. I remember when Death Strike did healing based on damage DONE instead of TAKEN which mean by the end of Wrath I was also tanking every heroic in DPS gear and blowing through everything but Nexus in under 15 minutes. I cheered when Blood Tanking became the One True Tank spec. And I cried when I saw how broken things were in Cataclysm. If I was going to be one of the many thousands who quit WoW because of Cataclysm, the breaking of Blood Tank would have done it.

But I held out...I geared for 8% hit and 26 expertise while every other tank dumped all those extra stats into mitigation. I worked stupid blood runes into my rotation to keep the extra 6% Blade Barrier mitigation we were balanced around. I suffered through my constant deaths as tank because of rune wack-a-mole and low armor because our armor was originally balanced around Stoneskin Gargoyle but Blood DKs had to switch for mitigation to Swordshattering.

So I consider these glorious final months of Cataclysm ample and just reward for the miserable times we Blood DKs have experienced. Anyone in this thread bitching or whining about Blood Nerfs is not a true Blood Tank. They are a last minute Flavor of the Month twerp who will gladly move on to the next flavor anyway. I piss on your false tears.

True Blood DKs know this is only part of the cycle and we just bid our time and wait for the end of the next Xpac when we can once again stroll through heroics naked and belittle asshole DPS with mocking Recounts "Geez man, you can't even do as much DPS as a tank". We can wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priests t14; Contest for ugliest outfit??

The murky colouring, platish look, horns(??wtf??), scales, stiches (the more details the better, OR?). Jesus.. Big fat SIGH. What a mess. Worst I have ever seen.

Have had my sub cancelled for about 5 months now. I think the MoP changes to Enhance (instant LvB, usefull Fire Ele, new Ascendance spell) as well as the promise of new raid content on 4 month cycles has convinced me MoP will be worth resubbing for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekku View Post
    Ok so warrior no more stancedancing sounds a bit lame. and rogues getting buffed in sub >.
    Technically you still want to swap between Combat Stance (Single target DPS) & Berserk Stance (AoE DPS).

Other than that you don't really have to be in a specific stance to do anything anymore. All the abilities are usable in any stance.

srsly ? dark intent only 5% SP and arcane brilliance 10% SP + 5% crit ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfiti View Post
    What the f**k is going on with the mana costs?!
    Mana costs are being adjusted to accommodate the change where Intellect no longer gives mana.

Instead, all the healers & DPS casters gain 400% more mana as a passive talent.

To make it simple:

• Your base mana at level 90 is 100k.
    • You get 400% extra mana as a DPS caster/healer.
    • Your total mana at level 90 is 500k.
    • Every class will have exactly same mana pools in the same specialization.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am very confused how much manacosts for healing spells differs. Also, they removed Meditation from some and gave it to some (Shammy/Pala) and increased manacosts? Then reduce manacosts for Holy Priests by a gazillion. What's that all about??

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost everything on that list will change a thousand times before its released, chill. The mana changes were inevitable really, people have been asking for it for years, whats the point in having to think about your heals for only one patch. Should make healing harder though, which will mean even less healers around .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Mana costs are being adjusted to accommodate the change where Intellect no longer gives mana.

Instead, all the healers & DPS casters gain 400% more mana as a passive talent.

To make it simple:

• Your base mana at level 90 is 100k.
    • You get 400% extra mana as a DPS caster/healer.
    • Your total mana at level 90 is 500k.
    • Every class will have exactly same mana pools in the same specialization.
    No, it differs. Holy Priests do not have "Meditation (400% mana yadayada), but they downgraded manacosts by a ton. Why mess things up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bumr View Post
    srsly ? dark intent only 5% SP and arcane brilliance 10% SP + 5% crit ?
    That seems a bit odd to me too and most likely will change in future, unless they intend for us to be able to stack those buffs which is unlikely.

It's a first "patch" so there's no need to worry about the numbers just yet. It's all subject to change anyways.