Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    you (blizzard) said when MoP was announced that you wanted to put the fun back into the game and to that end all end game gear would be available to everyone - you said i would be able to get end game tier loot without raiding, but that it would just take me longer to aquire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Pretty sure still only set pieces of Loot drops, it just gets rolled internally for each piece of loot and assigned to a player that can use it.
    That's not how I'm reading it. I think everyone has a chance for loot, and everyone could win, or no one could win, it's just random luck.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

That valor changes sounds interesting at first, but it feels like it's straying from the idea of substituting gear pieces that barely drops from the boss. Fortunately, you probably can through LFR but the idea is still rubbing me the wrong way for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagicMarkel View Post
    Wait wait wait... normal and heroic too? So we no longer have control of where loot goes, even if it's a full guild run?
    No that's only LFR. The normal loot/roll does not change elsewhere.

On normal and heroic the only change is the charms for one extra roll for a small chance to win an epic per week/boss, and valor being used for ilvl upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    Says nothing about able to win a item you already have in either inventory or @ bank. You should not be able to if you ask me.
    Dual wielders?

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    Yep ok, but that's actually a bad thing imo. Would make more sense if when you already have all the items your spec needs, you can't win the roll.
    Or ou can win, but then the 4th roll gets loot too (assuming 3 loots / boss). I wouldn't like to "ninja" someone chance to loot by getting an useless item.
    You're not going to "ninja" others. It doesn't matter what you roll or not. You're not rolling against them, if everyone is lucky, the boss could actually drop 25 items, 1 for each player if every single one of them got a lucky roll against THE GAME.

Even more if ppl use the charms, you could get 50 items of a single boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    The system is definitely an improvement, but to be honest what we need is a full gear check; if people already have one of the boss drops equipped, in their bags, or banks, then the game should be able to detect and say "Nope, i'm awarding this loot to someone who actually needs it".
    I believe it doesn't work like that. I believe if let's say 5 warriors win (would be random lol), each one could all get the same item at chance. The loot is all independent.

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome system, LFR just got much better

You don't have an option to Pass.
    And there I see a problem.

Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.
    Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.
    You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.

Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2012-03-27 at 05:26 PM.

They sound like solid, good ideas TBH. Only thing I'm not too happy about is the "no loot for your offspec" part, but they said that's not final so we'll see.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    The system is definitely an improvement, but to be honest what we need is a full gear check; if people already have one of the boss drops equipped, in their bags, or banks, then the game should be able to detect and say "Nope, i'm awarding this loot to someone who actually needs it".
    There is no loot to be "awarded"
    Everyone rolls independently of everyone else.
    Say the magic number is 80 or higher.
    The game will internally roll 1 - 100 for all 25 people.
    6 of them may roll higher than 80. The game then looks at the class and spec of those 6 people and awards them spec appropriate loot from the loot table.

"The Future of ValorThe second change I want to mention is that we plan to adjust the role of Valor points. Valor (or the various other names that the currency has had over the years) was originally added to WoW for two reasons: it helped to mitigate really bad luck, for those times when the boss just refused to drop the item you wanted, and it helped encourage players to stay with the group even if they didn't need anything off the next boss.Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot. This is particularly the case when the tier sets are available on the Valor vendors. We think killing dragons and ransacking their hoard is more epic than shopping at the magic armor store, so we want to shift back toward boss kills being the primary source of epic PvE gear.In Mists of Pandaria, Valor will be used to power a new feature that allows you to increase the item level of your existing epic items. This means that each week, you can become a little more powerful, hopefully allowing you to kill that boss that has eluded you thus far."I have a problem with this. First of all NOT all slot items have been added to the game to buy with valor points. My holy pally has lost spell power shield 3 times that I've ever seen it drop and 2 shammies out of 3 losses had 410 item shields. I do not have a single shield option to use with valor points nor weapon. I can't get a tanking sword either because the one I have is ivll 308 and blue and in LFG pug usually I get a dps warr who rolls with me need on tanking sword for his offspec and wins it. Then it's again circle of 22. I can't tank in LFR because my ilevel isn't high enough due to low level sword that I don't plan on enchanting. I can't get new loot because I lose rolls in 5 man to dps classes because there's no bonus roll in LFG. I can't buy a weapon off AH because I don't want to waste 10k gold to buy ilvl 359 sword.Now they are announcing that with valor you'll be able to make your gear more powerful.....

I see flaws now already. Thank god it's in beta-state!

Says nothing about able to win a item you already have in either inventory or @ bank. You should not be able to if you ask me.
    Also, says nothing about the Gurthalak-issue (correct me if I'm wrong). Today pallys (any specc and role) can roll and win it. Same goes for DK's (no, it ain't a tank weapon, even if blood use 2h's).
    Same goes for a few trinkets.
    I think they're going to go by Spec, not class, in Mists. That's what GC said above.

Also, will there be some built-in filtration depending on afk ppl etc? As it is now, ppl want and are kicking afk ppl (seen a few just standing still and also die by will, just to do as little as possible on a few bosses, specially DW). Those should not be able to win items at all.

At least set some active-in-fight aspects into the rolls. If using skills less than 20% of the time (or whatever the absolut minimum would be) then not able to roll. Also gives a warning when you're below that part of eligible players.
    That's a rough one - sadly I think BLizz's best option here is to just let players patrol themselves. The one big thing to remember though is even if jerkoff gets a roll for loot, it doesn't hurt your chances for it either, so there's less reason to worry about one schmuck not carrying his weight.

Also, as said before (several times). Give PvP-gear a own category when counting ilvl for gear. Count pvp-gear as heirloom (lvl 1) or something. No one really want them for PvE-content, same as PvP-players don't want PvE-players in BG's.

There is craftable PvE AND PvP-items for a reason if you ask me.
    Well PVP gear wouldn't be dropping in PVE content - and they do have a new system for balancing out PVP/PVE gear (so PVP gear isn't useless in PVE, just less desirable, and PVE people can get into PVP without having to grind a whole set of armor just to survive first).
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

So let me get this straight.When a piece of gear drops now in the LFR the usefulness of that piece can range between 1-9 players given any number of variables. Drama only ensues when drama queens with purple fever start pissing and moaning, which usually is 1-2 people every other LFR group I am in. A very small group of losers.Now, instead of rolling on gear between 1-9 people, you will have to roll on gear between 24 people automatically for every chance?That is such a dumb system of loot.Glad Blizzard listened to drama loot whores.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And there I see a problem.Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    There is not loot on the boss
    Loot is awarded based on spec of if you won your roll.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean the word "NINJA" will cease to exist in World of Warcraft ??

Doesn't this system kinda like what already exist in swtor normal raids ? you kill the boss and loots are automatically attributed to the players... The bonus roll with the charm of good fortune seems cool but as always, lucky peoples will get lucky =D

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    So let me get this straight.When a piece of gear drops now in the LFR the usefulness of that piece can range between 1-9 players given any number of variables. Drama only ensues when drama queens with purple fever start pissing and moaning, which usually is 1-2 people every other LFR group I am in. A very small group of losers.Now, instead of rolling on gear between 1-9 people, you will have to roll on gear between 24 people automatically for every chance?That is such a dumb system of loot.Glad Blizzard listened to drama loot whores.
    Wrong.
    There is no item dropping.
    You are rolling 1 - 100.
    Let's say you need to roll above an 80 to win loot(made up number)
    If you roll a 66 you win nothing.
    If you roll an 86 you win loot that is appropriate to you spec from the loot table.
    You aren't rolling against anyone but probability.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Does this mean the word "NINJA" will cease to exist in World of Warcraft ??
    Only in LFR - everywhere else you can still ninja.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

What about JP then? Just leaving it with blue heroic items or are they making them give smaller upgrades than VP?