Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Blood of The Betrayer question

I know rogues could share credit on the Creed portion, but couldn't find anything in this thread about rogues working together on Blood of the Betrayer. We have 2 ten man teams, and while the other team's rogue is a little behind myself in collecting the 333 gems, he's close and wanted to do the Kara part together. Is it even possible or will we be phased separately? Is there any harm in waiting for him given that I can still be collecting clusters for the next phase?
    Thanks!

Any news on a guild reward or something for getting the daggers?

So my alt is getting these daggers next week(yay)

and i was wondering is combat still going to be top spec with these daggers

someone told me that mutilate would come above combat with the dagger proc etc.... i somehow dont believe this

anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrinkk View Post
    So my alt is getting these daggers next week(yay)

and i was wondering is combat still going to be top spec with these daggers

someone told me that mutilate would come above combat with the dagger proc etc.... i somehow dont believe this

anyone know for sure?
    Combat still beats assassination, though assassination gains ground with the daggers.

Given that the audience for these weapons consists of badass raiders, we didn’t hold back on the difficulty either, so these quests were great for people who wanted a real challenge.
    Thats a quote from the blue post on the front page... anyone else feel thats a load of crap? It was so roflstomp easy it seriously detracted from the epic feeling you should get from a legendary questline imo.

Deleted
    hey Tekloth,

Where did you make that awesome signature?

Greetings, another rogue :O

Anyone know if you can use the slow fall while on the ground just to get the wings? Or is it just like the engineering parachute where it wont allow itself to be used on the ground?

Also anyone know how many of the legendary daggers are completed atm?

Deleted
    anyone else but me that start to think these legendary does start to smell "Legendary for everyone" ?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraUgly View Post
    anyone else but me that start to think these legendary does start to smell "Legendary for everyone" ?
    Been like that for awhile now, Doesn't even mean much seeing how Cataclysm is at an end. They will be obsolete within MoP obviously; Hell I get my legendary this monday and I've been 8/8 H for about 3 weeks now? I couldn't even use it on progression ~Shakes head~

Meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Been like that for awhile now, Doesn't even mean much seeing how Cataclysm is at an end. They will be obsolete within MoP obviously; Hell I get my legendary this monday and I've been 8/8 H for about 3 weeks now? I couldn't even use it on progression ~Shakes head~

Meh
    That's just plain dumb if you ask me. A rogue from the guild on my server who killed DW (on normal) for the first time 2 weeks ago got his legendary on last night.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    That's just plain dumb if you ask me. A rogue from the guild on my server who killed DW (on normal) for the first time 2 weeks ago got his legendary on last night.
    Least he gets use his on progression <.< unlike me I'm QQ'ing here haha

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Yeah... a mediocre 10m guild on my server got theirs tonight and linked them in trade chat (about 2 months after server first) and then his guildies congratulated him in trade chat. At first I found it hilarious that everyone that said congrats in trade was in his guild... then I felt sad that legendaries had become that easy to get...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Yeah... a mediocre 10m guild on my server got theirs tonight and linked them in trade chat (about 2 months after server first) and then his guildies congratulated him in trade chat. At first I found it hilarious that everyone that said congrats in trade was in his guild... then I felt sad that legendaries had become that easy to get...
    Well at least it sounds a lot more fair that everyone has got to do (about) the same effort in acquiring a perticular legendary now. (ifyou take raid size into consideration)
    Question is what you consider “easy” of course.
    Warglaives were pure luck based. Although you can argue that people needed to get to Illidan to get lucky in the first place of course.
    I got the MH warglaive on the very first kill (you can call me a liar now but it is true) . Was that hard? Of course it wasn’t, it was pure luck.
    It sucked if you killed him 50 times and had no luck, but RNG just is RNG, there is nothing difficult about RNG, except that you have no influence on it.

The daggers, staff and shadowmourne were a lot more difficult to obtain (at least in the way I see difficult).
    Doing Creed in assassination spec sure was challenging for me, but apparently combat specs had it a lot easier. (doing Nalice in combat spec was a lot less satisfying though)
    But even then, for me, doing a boss and defeating him yourself, is more challenging than getting lucky on a drop.

Our guild got the legendary staff a week before Dragon Soul was released (thank god it is still releveant in this content) and we were doing 6/7 HC so for us, I didn't see that as being easy.
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2012-03-16 at 11:53 AM.

Nevermind, got the answer.
    Last edited by Topcraft; 2012-03-16 at 12:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Well at least it sounds a lot more fair that everyone has got to do (about) the same effort in acquiring a perticular legendary now. (ifyou take raid size into consideration)
    Question is what you consider “easy” of course.
    Warglaives were pure luck based. Although you can argue that people needed to get to Illidan to get lucky in the first place of course.
    I got the MH warglaive on the very first kill (you can call me a liar now but it is true) . Was that hard? Of course it wasn’t, it was pure luck.
    It sucked if you killed him 50 times and had no luck, but RNG just is RNG, there is nothing difficult about RNG, except that you have no influence on it.

The daggers, staff and shadowmourne were a lot more difficult to obtain (at least in the way I see difficult).
    Doing Creed in assassination spec sure was challenging for me, but apparently combat specs had it a lot easier. (doing Nalice in combat spec was a lot less satisfying though)
    But even then, for me, doing a boss and defeating him yourself, is more challenging than getting lucky on a drop.

Our guild got the legendary staff a week before Dragon Soul was released (thank god it is still releveant in this content) and we were doing 6/7 HC so for us, I didn't see that as being easy.
    Its not that actually getting the legendary to drop from Illidan was hard (though I was unlucky enough to never see one drop during BC after months of killing him), but killing Illidan was at least a decent barrier while it was current. Most guilds on my server didn't have Illidan dead before even the 3.0 patch. Most guilds on my server now do have 8/8 normal. I'm not saying Illidan and BT or KJ and SWP were the hardest things ever (actually prenerf SWP is probably up there but w/e), but you can't seriously argue that getting your guild to and killing either of those bosses is even close to the same level as 8/8 normal DS can you? Thats why I find it sad they are so easy, I agree random drops alone don't relate to them being "easy". But the mediocre guilds like that one now getting them at the same rate, and then linking it and self congratulating their guildies in trade like it was some incredible feat, just made me sad how far legendaries have fallen.

I can maybe see SM as the extra things you had to do definitely added extra challenge. The rogue solo quests were stupid easy though. Even combining the solo quests and 8/8 normal DS, the daggers are still so much easier to get than glaives/thoridal/atiesh. Also, if you had a problem with Creed as any spec, you probably didn't do it the easiest way. I could maybe see sub being hard as you can't use your burst cd's, but overkill+prepot+vandetta+trinket procs+combat rediness (evasion after CR) can murder him into p2 just as easily as combat while taking minimal damage due to cr/evasion uptime and in p2 he does soooo little damage. Honestly, in hind sight, I feel stupid for using a pot... I had heard he was somewhat hard so I used one, but completely trashed him.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-03-16 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prew View Post
    Anyone know if you can use the slow fall while on the ground just to get the wings? Or is it just like the engineering parachute where it wont allow itself to be used on the ground?
    Yeah, you can use them on the ground to show off. They will stay the whole duration, even when you mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Combat still beats assassination, though assassination gains ground with the daggers.

Thats a quote from the blue post on the front page... anyone else feel thats a load of crap? It was so roflstomp easy it seriously detracted from the epic feeling you should get from a legendary questline imo.
    the daggers especially are the new breed of "legendaries" i refer to as Orange Epics or Welfare legendaries

i will be getting my FoF next week but i dont feel as if im better then anyone else. i pickpocketed a boss. paid 10k. and raided as normal with a quest every couple months.

not very legendary to me.

I'm curious if anyone has brought along friends for the final turnin of the jaw fragment. I'll be getting my daggers with the next Deathwing kill, and my guildies expressed interest in attending the turnin ceremony.

I know we don't get anything cool like the Tarecgosa event, and surely the cutscene will be seen only by me, but if I summon my raid to Ravenholdt before the turnin, will there even be anything at all for them to see? Like the Wrathion dialog at least? Or is the whole area phased so that all the non-rogues are going to see is just an empty building, perhaps even filled with low-level mobs from Hillsbrad Foothills usual trash mobs?

If nobody knows the answer, at least I will later this week.

...you're a rogue, keep that shit on the DL.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If ive alrdy run a LFR on my rogue and are saved on all bosses, can i still join a normal raid and pickpocket hagara even tho im saved in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has brought along friends for the final turnin of the jaw fragment. I'll be getting my daggers with the next Deathwing kill, and my guildies expressed interest in attending the turnin ceremony.

I know we don't get anything cool like the Tarecgosa event, and surely the cutscene will be seen only by me, but if I summon my raid to Ravenholdt before the turnin, will there even be anything at all for them to see? Like the Wrathion dialog at least? Or is the whole area phased so that all the non-rogues are going to see is just an empty building, perhaps even filled with low-level mobs from Hillsbrad Foothills usual trash mobs?

If nobody knows the answer, at least I will later this week.

No, your friends wont see the event.
    I made a stream for my guildies with xfire. It's the only way for them to watch the event