Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    One requires melee range, and one is ranged. I wonder which is better. Don't act like Resto Shaman having it has not ever been an issue.
    Please stop interpreting stuff besides its initial scope. Blizz current thinking is that a longer lockout warrants a longer cooldown. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this logic. >_<
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the improved warlock pet abilities are the exact same. .__. New Mind Control seems imba. Usable against any enemy, except mechanicals o.O WTB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Ice lance causes TRIPLE damage against frozen targets? so, every single class but mages are getting damage nerfs (assuming this isn't the low level modifiers, which it better be or mages are gonna be fotm still) :l
    edit: scratch that, rogues are getting BUFFS to their damage? oh yeah they're already globaling people at low levels, and killing in a smokebomb. yes i realize it's beta but im sensing a pattern here. Buff warlock, shaman, rogue mage, other classes get nerfs. hmmmm....
    Shaman mostly got nerfs, in my opinion, not buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by philic_6336 View Post
    why the hell they put a 8sec CD on every dispell
    Because the dispel system is underoing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Umm.. no.. it is something they said they wanted to do about a year ago when they realized that mana became unimportant for healing after the first patch. They want mana management to be an important part of spell selection (mostly for healers). It only really was important in the first tier, after that your INT gave you such a large mana pool that you never really worried about it.
    Funny thing is, resto shaman get mana regen only from spirit, while druid and paladin (not certain about priest) get to "double-dip" by getting regen from intellect as well. So to say that mana never mattered after the first tier is slightly incorrect.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Ghostcrawlers parent's we're really killed by Ret Pallies I guess, we had WotLK for a few months, maybe we'll get to do something besides run around of threes teams to off heal and burst every 2 minutes after MoP is over.
    Dont know about retri parent killers but im sure he had a frost mage mom and a fire mage dad....

Ok Mr. GhostCrawler seriously now : how many more expansions untill we see mages not nurfed but just normal dps ????
    Last edited by Darth Primus; 2012-03-28 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Druid: Guardian: Thick Hide: Now increases the armor bonus of Bear Form to 330%, reduces all magical damage taken by 25%, and reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%.
    LOLWUT ? idk what devs smoke @ bliz headquarters, but i sure want some too !!

When they say "Consume up to 3 holy power"... does it mean that paladin will be able to stack more than 3 holy power ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    When they say "Consume up to 3 holy power"... does it mean that paladin will be able to stack more than 3 holy power ?
    Not sure how you missed this since it's one of the first paladin changes listed in their section.

Boundless Conviction: New. You may store an additional 2 Holy Power beyond the maximum of 3. No ability ever consumes more than 3 Holy Power.

Deleted
    Frenzied Regeneration: Now converts up to 10 Rage per second into health for 6 sec, at the rate of 5% max health gained per 10 Rage consumed. Now has no rage cost and 1.5 second cooldown, down from 3 min. No longer grants increased health. 1.5 Second cooldown Down from 3min?!!?!?!??!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    Dont know about retri parent killers but im sure he had a frost mage mom and a fire mage dad....

Ok Mr. GhostCrawler seriously now : how many more expansions untill we see mages not nurfed but just normal dps ????

Wait...what?

Arcane got mighty buff.
    Fire only lost spam-strike (no-cd Flamestrike).
    Frost lost a little shatter damage.

Not to even mention, they buffed: Evocation, Water Elemental, All Armors, Ice Lance, Invisibility, Cookie Machine (Ritual of Refreshment), Frostbolt, Arcane Power, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Blast & Arcane Barrage.

And I guess I also have to point out that these are not in any way final, and all of these spells and abilities are subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Wait...what?

Arcane got mighty buff.
    Fire only lost spam-strike (no-cd Flamestrike).
    Frost lost a little shatter damage.

Not to even mention, they buffed: Evocation, Water Elemental, All Armors, Ice Lance, Invisibility, Cookie Machine (Ritual of Refreshment), Frostbolt, Arcane Power, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Blast & Arcane Barrage.

And I guess I also have to point out that these are not in any way final, and all of these spells and abilities are subject to change.
    You are forgetting the loss of Imp Blink, freezing Cone of Cold, Shattered Barrier, and Blast Wave, plus the nerfing of certain aspects of Counterspell, Cone of Cold slow, Dragon Breathe, Cold Snap, Slow and Blazing Speed. There are more nerfs, and I'm sure plenty buffs. Let's also not forget to place these changes into context. Some of the buffs you mention just return the spells to the way they currently are or so they mesh with how the talent and mana systems work. You actually listed a buff to Ritual of Refreshment? Are Rogues shaking in their boots at the thought of table spam. "Step back! This donut is filled with custard, and I'm not afraid to use it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseledge View Post
    You are forgetting the loss of Imp Blink, freezing Cone of Cold, Shattered Barrier, and Blast Wave, plus the nerfing of certain aspects of Counterspell, Cone of Cold slow, Dragon Breathe, Cold Snap, Slow and Blazing Speed. There are more nerfs, and I'm sure plenty buffs. Let's also not forget to place these changes into context. Some of the buffs you mention just return the spells to the way they currently are or so they mesh with how the talent and mana systems work. You actually listed a buff to Ritual of Refreshment? Are Rogues shaking in their boots at the thought of table spam. "Step back! This donut is filled with custard, and I'm not afraid to use it!"
    I'm not saying Mages wouldn't be losing anything. I'm saying that we shouldn't be worried of these "balancing" acts at this very moment. A lot of these changes also include the overall balancing of snares, interrupts and other such things. As to your list:

• Improved Blink - Still might comes as a Glyph.
    • Cone of Cold Freeze - One of the only big nerfs I could find, I'll give you that.
    • Shattered Barrier - Since it's a talent, there was no reason to bake it in the talent itself and it might very well come back as a Glyph.
    • Blast Wave - Well that's gone, so get over it. We all knew it was going to be benched anyways.
    • Counterspell - Tweaked to match other such effects. (All interrupts (except Wind Shear) are now normalized to 4 second lockdown with 15 second cooldown)
    • Cone of Cold Slow - Again tweaked to match other such effects in duration.
    • Dragon's Breath - Tweaked to match other such effects.
    • Cold Snap - It's still a talent, so no difference there.
    • Slow - Tweaked to match other slow effects (All snares are pretty much normalized to 50% right now).
    • Blazing Speed - Still there as a talent, so it's still your choice whether you take it or not.

You might also realize that this was the first Beta patch and the point of this patch (as we can all clearly see) was to normalize all CC effects to be roughly the same in duration, as well as tweaking the mana costs to accommodate the new mana system.

The next patch is where they actually start to look at whose damage seems low, who needs more CC and "who's got the power". Sure, these were in essence nerfs for mage class, but there is absolutely no reason to worry about the numbers at this very point.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-28 at 03:36 PM.

Cant wait to test Soul Reaper on DDK, always wanted some "execution phase" ability

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    I'm not saying Mages wouldn't be losing anything. I'm saying that we shouldn't be worried of these "balancing" acts at this very moment. A lot of these changes also include the overall balancing of snares, interrupts and other such things. As to your list:

• Improved Blink - Still might comes as a Glyph.
    • Cone of Cold Freeze - One of the only big nerfs I could find, I'll give you that.
    • Shattered Barrier - Since it's a talent, there was no reason to bake it in the talent itself and it might very well come back as a Glyph.
    • Blast Wave - Well that's gone, so get over it. We all knew it was going to be benched anyways.
    • Counterspell - Tweaked to match other such effects. (All interrupts (except Wind Shear) are now normalized to 4 second lockdown with 15 second cooldown)
    • Cone of Cold Slow - see counterspell, if we are going to list table cd
    • Dragon's Breath - Tweaked to match other such effects.
    • Cold Snap - It's still a talent, so no difference there.
    • Slow - Tweaked to match other slow effects (All snares are pretty much normalized to 50% right now).
    • Blazing Speed - Still there as a talent, so it's still your choice whether you take it or not.

You might also realize that this was the first Beta patch and the point of this patch (as we can all clearly see) was to normalize all CC effects to be roughly the same in duration, as well as tweaking the mana costs to accommodate the new mana system.

The next patch is where they actually start to look at whose damage seems low, who needs more CC and "who's got the power". Sure, these were in essence nerfs for mage class, but there is absolutely no reason to worry about the numbers at this very point.
    I think my post should have been directed to the post you responded to... I pretty much agree with you in spirit. Most of these nerfs and buffs are a result of several systems (dispel, mana, etc) changing dramatically and the new talent system causing restructuring of all the classes.

Anyway, I will bite... just a little.
    • Shattered Barrier - Remains to be seen. Better to be balanced without it. IMO I will miss it about as much as relying on frostbite.
    • Blast Wave - Still a nerf worth noting. Does not mean I'm not over it. I do miss the old Blastwave... with the old graphic
    • Counterspell - Actually it was nerfed down to 6 seconds. Normalization or not, that's beside the point when people are screaming the mana cost adjustments of buffs. Both declarations are silly when you don't look at it in context.
    • Cone of Cold Slow - See counterspell. Remember I'm pointing out that both buffs and nerfs are not being looked at by some posters in the overall context of the game. I'd also like to point out Disentanglement's return to all druid spec through talents. Not commenting on whether it's needed or not, just that it is a indirect nerf to kiting. Don't get angry kitty cats. I'm siding with you on the Monk dispel too.
    • Dragon's Breath - See counterspell and CoC.
    • Cold Snap - It resets less CDs, which is fine to keep it from being the default and Frost spec choice.
    • Slow - They also changed the range slow as well.
    • Blazing Speed - They changed it to an activated spell and only usable after taking a percentage of damage.
    Last edited by dieseledge; 2012-03-28 at 05:11 PM.

If you need a scroll on (US) email me at Chris_Woodard21 at yahoo.com or message me ingame on Kil' Jaden alliance-Fuzzynipple

wtf why are shammy spells getting increased mana cost while a lot of others are getting reduced costs

15+ Year Old Account
    It is idd confusing, but you (along with Paladins, Druids I assume) got base mana at melee lvl. Priest at caster lvl. This is probably why the spell costs differs so dramatically, since the spell costs are calculated from base mana, and you get the 400% mana increase as Paladins aswell?

Deleted
    Hmm, I see this hard as shadowpriest. But we'll see

Its a pretty nice set but it looks a bit weird for priests :/