Looking for some feedback on parses/armory (Shadow)

I recently made a PvE shadow spec, after many years of playing Disc, and I’m still trying to figure out a few things.

First, haste plateaus. I understand the two major plateaus, 2589 and 3202, but I’m not sure which is better suited for my gear/playstyle. I’m also interested in trying out 2679 where Mind Blast supposedly synchs up with our rotation.

Second, AoE encounters. I’m still confused as to when I should be multi-dotting, mind searing, or both. I’ve heard different things from different people and am hoping for some clarification.

Third, maximizing my DPS. I feel like my DPS should be a lot higher than it currently is. Overall, my rotation seems to be fine and I’m using the T13 bonus correctly. Below are the parses from a raid last night. Ignore the Morchok fight since my group didn’t get Bloodlust. Also keep in mind, I’m still fairly new to Shadow so there might be some minor slipups throughout each encounter.

www . worldoflogs . com / reports / rt-t1395nrd2az8d1vk /

us . battle . net / wow / en / character / the-forgotten-coast / Zandalar / simple

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so I added some spaces. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zandalar; 2012-03-28 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dalar/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t1395nrd2az8d1vk/

Hi! Only checked your armory quickly and I noticed that you only have 1 profession, I recommend picking up Engineering or Tailoring.
    Mithril Stopwatch is also, quite frankly, terrible. I suggest that you run Well of Eternity for http://www.wowhead.com/item=72898

Edit: Checked some WoL, your dot uptimes could be higher, and your Mind Blast hits are way too low.

Comparing my last H: Zon'ozz to yours:

Our kill - 4:16, Yours - 5:52
    My MB - 22 , Yours - 18
    My VT - 76%, Yours - 72.5%
    My SP - 80.4% Yours - 77.8%
    My DP - 78% Yours - 71.2%
    Last edited by mmoc80f9d45742; 2012-03-28 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks for posting the links. The reason I'm using Mithril Stopwatch is because I currently don't have anything better. I've run WoE a bunch of times and never see Foul Gift drop. Also, I didn't get a chance to gem my gloves last night but will be putting a Brilliant Queens Garnet in them when I get home.

When you say my Mind Blast hits are too low, do you mean they aren't hitting for enough damage or I'm not casting it frequent enough.

A couple of minor things,

(1) Replace your trinket(s) most firelands / DS trinkets are better than what you have, hell i think even alchemist stone and DMC:V are better than stopwatch
    (2) I prefer a haste heavy setup but reforge is up to you
    (3) upgrade gems (I assume you are waiting for heroic gear)
    (4) get another profession

Parses look like ok, you averaged around 80% uptime on empowered shadows which is decent, make sure it is up for AoE and like other poster said could squeeze in a few more mind blasts. Didn't look too closely but you may be able to squeeze in some more shadowfiends too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandalar View Post
    When you say my Mind Blast hits are too low, do you mean they aren't hitting for enough damage or I'm not casting it frequent enough.
    I was refering to Mind Blast hits per minute, you are losing quite alot of DPS by not using it on Cooldown. And yes, that means that you will clip Mind Flays for it, if you are not already. And yes, that means that you do not wait for orbs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    (1) Replace your trinket(s) most firelands / DS trinkets are better than what you have, hell i think even alchemist stone and DMC:V are better than stopwatch
    Correct. The Stopwatch is well below DMC:V because its a crit trinket and crit is crap for us. I'd strongly suggest either buying the DMC:V for the mastery & proc, continue running WOE for the trinket (do specific and then do random until you get WOE again and it drops), picking up either JP trinket (Soul Casket because its mastery or Core of Ripeness for the static int on it because both rank higher than the Stopwatch in value), or even the other VP trinket with spirit on it (this would allow you to reforge some of your pieces with hit/spirit that aren't reforged at all into another dps stat).