Observation and Questions about 1.2 RE'ing and Moddables.

Edit: The recent Q/A on the 30th has answered my questions. Ty for the responses.

The topic of moddable gear in 1.2 is murky.

So far we have been told three conflicting pieces of information:

Almost any moddable could be RE'ed for a schematic of that model.

Just T2 raid gear that can be RE'ed for a schematic of that model.

You can not RE quest moddables.

From my experiences on the PTS I found:

That you can RE quest moddables. (I have reported the ones you can... which has been all of them.) It should also be noted that none of them showed any available research.

That no moddables from 1-25 are RE'able for a schematic. As in there is "no available research".

I am not 50 on the PTS so I can not comment of the RE'ability of raiding gear but I would hope that it can be RE'd for a schematic.

A point of interest: Schematics from missions for moddable gear show up pretty frequently. About a 1 in 20 chance. Moddables crafted from this show "research available" even when you already know the recipe. This suggests that other people can break down the gear you make to learn how to make it themselves.

Augment slots are broken on all the orange gear I crit craft.

Its unclear as to what I am suppose to report and what not to report.

Many posters have stated that you simply can not RE pre 1.2 moddables. And I believe this to be true due to the fact that on the PTS I simply have not found a single orange that stated "research available" other then the ones I crafted from schematics. (which presents some confusion as well.)

If anyone has any idea what moddable/REing is ACTUALLY suppose to be in 1.2 it would be very helpful.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-03-31 at 01:28 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Can you re a xenotech (op moddable purple) or a purple prototype armor (random world drop which can be as low as level 20ish up to level 50ish) and get a schematic?

-Nish

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... it is the PTS so I'm sure they might have not released the newer version (wait this coming week and see).

I'm hoping that I can RE Blackhole/Campaign gear.

It seems as if black hole and campaign gear is a 20 percent chance to re a schematic. The warzone stuff you buy the schematics but they have stipulations to wearing them and special materials.

If it's modded then it's an orange shell, if it's not modded (supposedly) like a belt then you get a similar item. It seems as if (and I haven't done a ton of checking) that the purple belts/bracers with augment slots will beat out oranges with bis armor/enhancement. So, things are looking ok except that 20 percent is a low chance and that the materials will be rough to get so getting crits on gear will not be easy.

-Nish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    It seems as if black hole and campaign gear is a 20 percent chance to re a schematic. The warzone stuff you buy the schematics but they have stipulations to wearing them and special materials.

If it's modded then it's an orange shell, if it's not modded (supposedly) like a belt then you get a similar item. It seems as if (and I haven't done a ton of checking) that the purple belts/bracers with augment slots will beat out oranges with bis armor/enhancement. So, things are looking ok except that 20 percent is a low chance and that the materials will be rough to get so getting crits on gear will not be easy.

-Nish
    20% doesn't seem that low if you think about it. I guess it depends on your guilds progression... just let me give an example:

Nightmade Mode will be when the race officially takes off in guild progression. Hardmode is just a warm up. That means guilds will be farming Hardmode (at least the top ones) before Nightmare mode is released.

In that time, players will have Blackhole Commendations saved up (especially doing the weekly on correllia for 6 of them). I know I probably will be buying multiple of each piece after farming Hardmode and weeklys. That means I can easily RE all the ones I bought with commendations with a companion with Maxed Affection that has an Armormech bonus.

Most likely I will learn the schematic for most pieces (if not all). Getting the materials for them should not be a problem since every thing you will need is BoE. Whether that means buying from the Guild Bank or buying off of the GTN.

I don't want it to be easy, because getting quite a bit of additional mainstat bonus to every piece is a big upgrade- so those who work for it should be the ones who have truly earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Edit: The recent Q/A on the 30th has answered my questions. Ty for the responses.

The topic of moddable gear in 1.2 is murky.

So far we have been told three conflicting pieces of information:

Almost any moddable could be RE'ed for a schematic of that model.

Just T2 raid gear that can be RE'ed for a schematic of that model.

You can not RE quest moddables.

From my experiences on the PTS I found:

That you can RE quest moddables. (I have reported the ones you can... which has been all of them.) It should also be noted that none of them showed any available research.

That no moddables from 1-25 are RE'able for a schematic. As in there is "no available research".

I am not 50 on the PTS so I can not comment of the RE'ability of raiding gear but I would hope that it can be RE'd for a schematic.

A point of interest: Schematics from missions for moddable gear show up pretty frequently. About a 1 in 20 chance. Moddables crafted from this show "research available" even when you already know the recipe. This suggests that other people can break down the gear you make to learn how to make it themselves.

Augment slots are broken on all the orange gear I crit craft.

Its unclear as to what I am suppose to report and what not to report.

Many posters have stated that you simply can not RE pre 1.2 moddables. And I believe this to be true due to the fact that on the PTS I simply have not found a single orange that stated "research available" other then the ones I crafted from schematics. (which presents some confusion as well.)

If anyone has any idea what moddable/REing is ACTUALLY suppose to be in 1.2 it would be very helpful.
    As I understand things:

Moddable orange gear from quest rewards is NOT RE-able. (This is properly stated in the article) This is probably the "1-25" stuff you tried to RE. This probably also includes moddable orange gear from vendors, and world drops, although he did not specifically state it. Schematics to make the orange gear that is not RE-able are available as possible one-time gathering Mission rewards, and are BOE.

Current raid gear (Energized and Exotech drops, and the stuff you buy with tokens like Tionese/Columi/Rakata) will not be RE-able. However, these items will have all their mods exposed, so you can take them out. Set bonuses, unfortunately, will not be removeable, they remain with the "shell". Set bonuses on NEW raid gear will be attached to the Armoring mod.

Augment slots in orange gear were a known issue last time i checked, they might have been fixed in last night's PTS patch.