Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    The guild was semi-serious. All of the raiders left the guild, put their accounts on frozen, or server transferred. No one was an active member in what the guild was focused on.
    They all left the guild. He was still in it, he was still using it. Can't do much with a guild when you can't change anything, he was able to become GM and set things up for it again. Everyone that left the guild said they were quitting/leaving but may come back, how would he know if any of you changed plans and decided not to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    So then who cares. Really. No one seems to care at all - not even your own members. It feels like you're just mad he got to it before you did.
    ...but we were coming back. It was our guild. How would you like your character to be gone because you were not using it? "Oh I didn't mean to steal your stuff, you were not using it so I thought it would be OK". We very much cared. So much work was put into this guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GM was not there, no one was. We were nice to this guy and let him stay in the guild while 99% of the people left to do other things. We didn't kick him back in October because we are not assholes, and we never thought he would steal from us.
    Whoah whoah, first off, that guild bank wasn't yours. It was the guild's, and he was the only one smart enough to be on and realize he could dethrone and take over and do what he wished. If you guys had really cared you wouldn't be in this situation because you could have insured that one of you got it first. Easy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    If the GM is offline for 30 days or more someone can request leadership. Sounds like thats what happened. Technically legit if he was still in the guild.
    I have seen some of this action on my toons, never as a guild master, but certainly as a regular member of a guild.
    I'd have no issues with guild master replacement if the gm is a guy who is never there, but the ability to sell the guild in trade, and then have it faction transfered out from under me when i was still logging on every day was where I draw the line.

It's a fucked up idea that they can sell the guild and faction/server transfer it out from under the players who worked like dogs to lvl the guild.

This policy was in good intent, but it needs work.
    It is allowing people who are bigger assholes then us, to steal our time and effort.

I AM NOT A GUILD MASTER, I am a guildy who logged on one day to find out my guild was gone, and 'I could pay to faction transfer'.
    In the words of me "FUCK THAT NOISE!"
    No matter if the guild master has been offline for a month or more, the ability for others to take control, empty the gbank, sell off all the contents, and then sell the guild is WRONG. It is not the solution.
    That's where I stand on it.
    Say what you like, when it happens to you, you will change your tune.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but we were coming back. It was our guild. How would you like your character to be gone because you were not using it? "Oh I didn't mean to steal your stuff, you were not using it so I thought it would be OK". We very much cared. So much work was put into this guild.
    Everyone left, it was fair game after that. It's a mechanic. You seriously need to get over this. This is no one's fault but the "guild's". You guys didn't care enough to log in, or watch it, or whatever. He was there, that's all there is to it. He was there, you weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    They all left the guild. He was still in it, he was still using it. Can't do much with a guild when you can't change anything, he was able to become GM and set things up for it again. Everyone that left the guild said they were quitting/leaving but may come back, how would he know if any of you changed plans and decided not to come back?
    Email? We had a simple website and all had the ability to communicate with each other easily.

You said you knew about it, why did you put yourself in a position to let it happen inn the first place? Dumb on your part. It also sends an email to the GM before de-throning.

I feel your pain but this is working as intended.

Guild leader was away for 30 days. No "Officer" was online either to retrieve the guild master role.. therefor it went down till the last remaining rank. Thats what you get for ditching your so called guild of friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Email? We had a simple website and all had the ability to communicate with each other easily.
    "Had", was it even that active anymore? Plus, why is it on him to touch bases with you guys. The guild isn't just one person's responsibility. You should have all kept in touch if it was that important. I thought you had all discussed disbanding it so recently before he dethroned it.

I have a level 25 guild, and a decent guild bank. If I disappear for 30 days I EXPECT to be dethroned. That's how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Since this is a known in-game mechanic, I can only say the fault lies with the rest of you and not with him. It's not his fault you guys were inactive or didn't care until you lost something.
    It's his fault for being a douche.

It's a legitimate in game mechanic and there was no exploiting, it's not Blizzard's fault, but it's not the other guild members' "fault" for assuming this guy wouldn't be a huge dick. It's not like they didn't want the guild or "didn't care". They assumed that he wouldn't be a total asshole and steal the guild, which is not a "fault". If it's a fault for having faith in others to not be dicks, it's a wonder the world hasn't been consumed by flames (yet).

It was stealing as far as "not being a huge dick" societal rules go. I get it, you all want to say "it's legitimate, he isn't doing anything wrong," but he is. Seriously, people. Just because you CAN do something does not fucking mean you should.

Blizzard won't do anything about it because it's not against in game rules, but that doesn't make it "okay". It's not okay. The world would be a better place if we could all agree on that.

I'm currently in an inactive guild where the GM doesn't log onto his character that is the guild master. None of the people who still play in my guild have done anything to steal the guild or be a giant dick because they are decent people. He even promoted everyone who still played to the highest rank so that we could use the 220k gold that was still in the bank, along with inviting each others' alts and the like. There is still 200k in there after seven months, along with a large amount of maelstrom crystals, dusts, and gems. It's possible to not be an asshole and be considerate to others.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's unfortunate that you lost your guild...but like they pointed out, you were inactive, and this has been a mechanic AND policy in the game for years.
    Actually it came in with 4.3 (as stated in the image). It's been in for less than 6 months.

It's sad that you have to point fingers at Blizzard due to an error on the Guild's part. The Guild Master should not have been offline for more than 30 days, and someone more responsible should have been online to take the reigns when capable.

And saying that the guild was your, or your guild mates' "property" is humorous.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-03-30 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    If you weren't playing the game/playing on a char in the guild, for over 30 days, why does it matter he took it? It's obvious with every single one of these stories that the original GM has no care for the guild that got took. The 30 day thing has been in game for a while now, and you've been able to ticket it for even longer. Only yourself to blame, really.
    How can you say this? We didn't care? So we worked so hard and wanted to preserve our guild only to have it stolen by a lvl 1. The guild is the same as a character. It has history, wealth, items, names... it was ours. How can you piss all over a guild so easily? Might I remind you, this was a guild of 10 or so people. It was not some super guild. We made the guild for us, we wanted to keep it, we never thought he would go behind our back so easily.

If they were all friends, why can't you create a new guild and restart? The guild perks aren't game breaking to be without, and learn from your mistake. Only a complete moron places everyone at the same rank. Should have been handful that can be trusted that were at least rank two. It's sad if this ruins the whole experience for you. It's actually quite laughable.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Actually it came in with 4.3 (as stated in the image). It's been in for less than 6 months.
    The policy has been in for many years, the change in 4.3 was just to automate the dethroning process.

I am the guild master of this particular guild. All of the raiders were local. We all decided to freeze our accounts and wait for the expansion.

The person who stole the guild had already removed all of of his toons. He only had a level 1 in the guild. Before we all left, I had demoted all users to the lowest rank to try and preserve the guild for our return.

When we parted ways with the person in question, it was a "good breakup". We gave him a hearty severance and everything was good.

My bad for not rudely removing his last level 1 toon that was in the guild.

The system was clearly abused. It is there for a reason but in this case it was 100% abused. He did not take control of the guild to continue it. He took everything, sold it all, kicked everyone, and transferred off the server. End of story.

If one of the raiders had joined and taken the guild... fine. This was a level 1 social user. Inexcusable.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... if you knew the system was in place, why the hell did you not kick everyone but your own character/friends out? This isn't Blizzard's fault, this is your own. Letting him keep perks? Let him go find another guild, who cares? There are plenty of guilds for him to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It's his fault for being a douche.

It's a legitimate in game mechanic and there was no exploiting, it's not Blizzard's fault, but it's not the other guild members' "fault" for assuming this guy wouldn't be a huge dick. It's not like they didn't want the guild or "didn't care". They assumed that he wouldn't be a total asshole and steal the guild, which is not a "fault". If it's a fault for having faith in others to not be dicks, it's a wonder the world hasn't been consumed by flames (yet).

It was stealing as far as "not being a huge dick" societal rules go. I get it, you all want to say "it's legitimate, he isn't doing anything wrong," but he is. Seriously, people. Just because you CAN do something does not fucking mean you should.

Blizzard won't do anything about it because it's not against in game rules, but that doesn't make it "okay". It's not okay. The world would be a better place if we could all agree on that.

I'm currently in an inactive guild where the GM doesn't log onto his character that is the guild master. None of the people who still play in my guild have done anything to steal the guild or be giant dick because they are decent people. He even promoted everyone who still played to the highest rank so that we could use the 220k gold that was still in the bank, along with inviting each others' alts and the like. There is still 200k in there after seven months, along with a large amount of maelstrom crystals, dusts, and gems. It's possible to not be an asshole and be considerate to others.
    You want to hop on? Let's get on it then.

I never said the move wasn't a dick move, hell I addressed it earlier going so far to say that "I wouldn't do it". If we all went by common courtesy and bedside manner, we wouldn't have ninjas, and scammers, and hackers. It would be a better place without these things, but they're going to happen. People randomly deciding to dethrone and jack a guild is going to happen, especially since there's a mechanic in the game for that. Sure, he was a dick, but everyone else in this situation was a bunch of dicks too.

If they cared, he probably wouldn't have been able to get away with it. If they cared, they wouldn't be in this situation. They only care now, after the fact, when they log in finally and realize it's all gone. This guy is not responsible for the irresponsibility of the other guild members. He's only responsible for himself. How he wants to conduct himself is a product of free will and personal ambition. Again, I can't say this enough, I don't fucking condone his actions, but I'm not going to blindly defend the "victims" either.

For all the "ample" chances they say he had to contact them, they had all the chances to contact him, to prevent this, to do something more than be surprised. It's pretty much all in being aware - which they weren't. They didn't care, they lazed around the situation. You can't blame him for that. This entire situation is made up of dicks and punks. The important thing is seeing this stupid moment for what it is - a mechanic they knew about got used, it sucks, time to get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah... if you knew the system was in place, why the hell did you not kick everyone but your own character/friends out? This isn't Blizzard's fault, this is your own. Letting him keep perks? Let him go find another guild, who cares? There are plenty of guilds for him to join.
    Because we aren't dicks.