Deleted
    Can Pitbull also customize the floating nameplates above the enemies' heads?

And if yes, how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Before anyone suggests MikScrollingCombatText I don't want to use that as it covers my dot timer.
    I can't help you with the default scrolling text problem, but are you aware that you can move the output areas in MSBT? Or create whole new ones, if that's your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Can Pitbull also customize the floating nameplates above the enemies' heads?

And if yes, how?
    No you need a nameplate addon for those. The most commonly used one is Tidyplates, I believe.

Been using BadBoy + BadBoy CCleaner for years but the last couple of weeks it seems all i see is gold spam.
    Gotta keep these updated with latest versions if they're gonna be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    I can't help you with the default scrolling text problem, but are you aware that you can move the output areas in MSBT? Or create whole new ones, if that's your fancy.

No you need a nameplate addon for those. The most commonly used one is Tidyplates, I believe.
    I don't want it to cover my screen though, that's why I like the default one as it just appears at the top of the boss

You can resize the scroll areas, reducing the size somewhat so they aren't covering anything else.
    As far as I am aware the only modification to the default floating combat text above the affected targets that can be done outside of the options you already described is a change of font.
    Nothing else about it can be modified, nor can any addon even utilise or replicate it because it is using features only available to the default UI.

I'm looking far a add-on that tracks buffs. Resto Shaman buffs mainly.

Okay, so I don't know where to look for help on this (honestly been trying very hard to find an answer). I love SexyMaps very much, but am unable to find a way to change the borders. I had made one before TexBrowser broke, but ended up uninstalling WoW for some reason or other.

Does anyone know a way to browse the textures without that add-on? I am at a loss

HI, just a quick one, with power auras, ive made some funky auras for arcane missles, however how do i stop the blizz default animation from popping up (the 2 purple lines) thanks ^_^

Go into interface options and uncheck Spell Activation Overlay

Hello there, I dunno if this is the place to ask, but here it goes.

I have 9 85s, and it is kind of chaotic to keep track of all the saves (Baradin Hold, Firelands, Dragon Soul and old raids, as well as Raid Finder). I wanted to know if there is any addon that basically keeps track of all this stuff, let's say you log after server reset and do Raid Finder with char A, B and C, I want this addon or whatever to keep track of it, in case it's monday and someone needs A or B char for X raid, I can know fast if I have anything available.

Dunno if I explained correctly what I meant to ask, hope I did!

Ty!

Hey, I've been messing with my pitbull lua texts again and I wanted to color my power text by powertype and currently using this code
    Code:
    local _power_name = UnitPowerType(unit)
    local r,g,b = PowerColor(power_name)
    local MaxPower(unit)
     if Power(unit) == max then
    if max > 0 then
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s", Short(Power(unit),true)
      else
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s / |cff%02x%02x%02x%s",Short(Power(unit),true),Short(max,true)
      end
    end
    But I seem to be getting this syntax error and I can't seem to solve it.

Code:
    Message: [string "PitBull4_LuaTexts:Normal:Lua:Power"]:4: syntax error near 'if'
    Time: 03/29/12 10:31:00
    Count: 12
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1362: in function `AddFontString'
    ...ddOns\PitBull4\ModuleHandling\TextProviderModule.lua:118: in function `UpdateFrame'
    ...ddOns\PitBull4\ModuleHandling\TextProviderModule.lua:150: in function `ForceTextUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1436: in function <Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1432>
    Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1506: in function <Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1502>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?

Deleted
    Code:
    local MaxPower(unit)
    Think that should be:
    Code:
    local max = MaxPower(unit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Heya!

So i just recently got Weak Auras, and i have been messing around with it quite abit, but never really got it to work the way i wanted.
    What i basicly want to do is to have the Icons of Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Arcane Torrent and Rapid Fire showing at all times, with timers in them counting down to when they will be off their Cooldowns, preferably they should be greyed out (desaturated) while on CD and colored when off CD, anyone able to help me with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    local MaxPower(unit)
    Think that should be:
    Code:

Added it and gave me the following error.

Code:
    Message: PitBull4_LuaTexts:Normal:Lua:Power caused the following error:
    bad argument #3 to 'SetFormattedText' (number expected, got string)
    Time: 03/29/12 14:49:33
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:823: in function <Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:778>
    Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1362: in function `AddFontString'
    ...ddOns\PitBull4\ModuleHandling\TextProviderModule.lua:118: in function `UpdateFrame'
    ...ddOns\PitBull4\ModuleHandling\TextProviderModule.lua:150: in function `ForceTextUpdate'
    Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1436: in function <Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1432>
    Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1506: in function <Interface\AddOns\PitBull4_LuaTexts\LuaTexts.lua:1502>
    (tail call): ?

Deleted
    Hey, I'm looking for a UI that doesn't have too much things, but not too few either. Mostly I want a druid "boomkin" or a warrior good looking UI. Probably with the most basic addons aswell "if not, I can just add them myself". Sorry for not being specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Added it and gave me the following error.
    You need return values for the colours. Try:
    Code:
    local _power_name = UnitPowerType(unit)
    if max > 0 then
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r,g,b,Short(Power(unit),true)
      else
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r / |cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r,g,b,Short(Power(unit),true),r,g,b,Short(max,true)
      end
    end
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-03-29 at 01:33 PM.

Got rid of the errors, but doesn't display at all. It displayed at first, but not as the powercolor. Then I proceeded to cast a spell to see if it would update it just disappeared.

Edit: It displays only at 100% mana but not as the powercolor.
    This is the original code, maybe you can see it's function. I only wanted to add powercolor to it

Code:
    if max > 0 then
        return "%s", Short(Power(unit),true)
      else
        return "%s / %s",Short(Power(unit),true),Short(max,true)
      end
    end
    Last edited by Speedtrax; 2012-03-29 at 01:50 PM.

Think I fixed it. It only showed at 100% mana because you had switched position of the if's. And PowerColor requires the power name, but you returned the number id of the power.
    Code:
    local _,power_name = UnitPowerType(unit)
    if max > 0 then
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r,g,b,Short(Power(unit),true)
      else
        return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r / |cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r,g,b,Short(Power(unit),true),r,g,b,Short(max,true)
      end
    end
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-03-29 at 02:17 PM.

That fixed it, thanks again for saving me!
    <3

Hey,

I have run across a the SetBindingMacro() command and was interested in using this. However if you want to bind a macro with this, you also need up a macro slot. And since I've recently ran out of those, I was wondering if you could bind Macro Commands directly to keys.

I'm aware of existing addons that can increase your macro slots capacity, but I'm not really interested in using one of those.

Also would be greatly appreciated if these binds would be stored server-side.

TL;DR: how do I bind macro commands, directly to keys without using macro slots.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I've tried making my own commands using an addon and creating bindings.xml.

I guess I can achieve it this way, but I don't think I'll be able to cast spell this way, since everything is protected.