Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

T11 HM > T12 and T13

You know my brain just started bleeding memories due to the fact I was just dragged by a close friend to do T11 HM's then I realized, Oh god this is going the be harder then FL and DS HM's isn't it since It's with pugs apparently

With an exception of Heroic Rag pre-nerfed nerfed and Heroic Spine obviously ( Kudos to people endured that fight pre-nerfed )

Anyway what do you think was it harder?

10+ Year Old Account
    T11 heroics were a bitch. It took forever just to get the four down that we did. They were definitely more difficult, to me, than future heroic tiers. Not to mention they never got nerfed like T12 and T13.

Halfus = easymode, even on heroic, but Maloriak was difficult enough to warrant a temporary title for defeating him, and we never managed to get heroic Magmaw down.

It wasnt hard per-se, it was just very unforgiving. one mistake = wipe. a lot of the fights had a lot more RNG in them than t12 or t13.

10+ Year Old Account
    t11 obviously.

V/T was a pain in the ass

Council was unbelievably hard

Cho'gall's enrage was insane

Al'akir, lol

It was way way harder until they started nerfing the shit out of everything because people couldn't even do the halfus trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that as a whole they felt more difficult(and more epic), but I REALLY didn't like half of the fights being "hmmm... okay interrupt this spell or wipe."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    I agree that as a whole they felt more difficult(and more epic), but I REALLY didn't like half of the fights being "hmmm... okay interrupt this spell or wipe."
    One time my T11 HM guild wanted me to do interrupt a 0.5 second interrupt cast on Maloriak however I sucked at it

Q_Q thankfully they only assigned that to me once and I never did it again god I was so frustrated -.-
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-03-31 at 05:43 AM.

T11 will always have a special place in my memory because of it being the first tier with (actual) 10 man hms and some of them were stupid. A few (like magmaw iirc) were actually literally impossible because the adds all had the same hp as their 25 man counterparts. We just kind of farmed the normal modes and waited until they got nerfed. Magmaw hc was fun as hell though as balance, 44k dps parses in the first tier of the xpac ftw.

e: and we never killed heroic ascendant council because it was harder than Sinestra for absolutely no reason on 10 man. People get angry about the difficulty jump from the early DS bosses to spine, but at least it made sense dammit. Hc nef and cho'gall were both cool as hell in terms of fight mechanics though, easily better than everything else in the xpac except maybe rag.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-03-31 at 05:48 AM.

Heroic Omnitron and herioc 4 winds sucked the most imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Heroic Omnitron and herioc 4 winds sucked the most imo.
    Conclave was plain funny, I remember we kept wiping simply because our frost DK could not kite the adds and al'akir Phase 1 in HM was STUPID <.<

As much as I liked the challenge, the whole "interrupt or die" mechanic got old fast, and having a large chunk of your raid effectively sit out an entire phase of a boss encounter (Al'akir)? Yeah that's fun.............

Talking 25 man.

T11 by far. I was the interrupt-bitch for most of the fights (I played an Unholy DK at the time) and that was by far the most stressful thing I've ever done in this game. Its like it all came down to your interrupt and if for some reason you lagged, the raid wiped and you were to blame.

My guild did get all of T11 down by May, but I had left the guild like two days before they downed Sinestra due to 'drama' lets say. It was depressing to see people wipe the raid due to Ice Orbs on Council or get fully corrupt on Cho'gall. My FAVORITE part is when someone dies on one of the platforms during the Conclave fight while we were like one Ultimate rotation away from a kill and wiping the whole raid. (I also had to go frost for half the the T11 fights just to kite adds. So so so much hatred for kiting now, but I'm a beast at it) I was also in a 10man guild at the time, so it was so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much worse. We couldn't go twenty minutes without tempers flaring.
    Last edited by Daboogyman; 2012-03-31 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Missing information :D

Progressing T11 HM was much more Difficult then progres on T12 or T13 , in FL only Rag was realy Hard and in DS only las 3 bosses are real chalenge , in T11 only 4 bosess were easy (Hafus, Magmaw after nerfs , Chimareon and Atramedes after nerfs ) all other boses were quite deadly and 1 fail = wipe so its was hardest tier of Cataclysm

Personaly i remember Omnotron progress boss at 5% "horray we kill him" some one get Lighting Conductor Toxitron put this green shit on ground Nef grip us and instant wipe ....
    Last edited by kubuntu; 2012-03-31 at 05:52 AM.

On another note, anyone notice going back into the nefarian fight they still haven't fixed the pet bug. I still have to hard cast a pet AFTER i've jumped down from the platform. lol

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Conclave was plain funny, I remember we kept wiping simply because our frost DK could not kite the adds and al'akir Phase 1 in HM was STUPID <.<
    I finally repressed those memories of having a bad Frost DK trying to kite. Thanks for the reminder.

T11 was a blast for awhile. But I felt like I burnt out quicker that tier then just about any tier I've done.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    If you're 25 man sure.
    If you're 10 P1 was a bitch, P2 was a nightmare.
    Everyone says 25 was harder but after they fixed the damage from lightning, 10 man became much more harder (damage being calculated twice with ice patches).

So like, Pre nerf nefarian on 10 man was luls. I'd go into P2 with about 85% mana come out 100% oom.
    Post nerf, I was leaving P2 with 85% mana going in with like 90%.

Council and V/T were fun, especially since we didn't have a rogue (Hpally/Frost Mage for V/T)
    Never really thought Maloriak was all that hard tbh.

And HM AC, haha one of the officers in my guild back then was an idiot and didn't know what a frost orb was so any time it targeted him, you know we were going to wipe.

I love H T11, it's going to hold a special place in my heart, right along side ulduar.
    Firelands was really cool, but nowhere near as difficult as T11, and the amount of trash in there was just ridiculous.

T11 was just annoying because even when fights that were "Farm" status we would always have annoying random wipes esp on omnitron/VnT/ and conclave and that left almost no time for progression without pushing for more nights almost felt like we were raidng as much as ulduar without as much success.

Deleted
    T11 had its share of faceroll heroics as well, but overall it had nearly double the amount of encounters so its only natural that it'd have double the amount of difficult encounters as well. Plus more fights and travel time between instances means longer farm nights and less time for progression. Also throw in the throw in a gearing issue since the top guilds going into heroics could easily still be in some blue items and add on top of that a lack of heroic-nerfs... yeah it was definitely a harder tier on average than 12 or 13.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda funny, I remember people complaining about how most of the fights were a joke...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    T11 heroics were a bitch. It took forever just to get the four down that we did. They were definitely more difficult, to me, than future heroic tiers. Not to mention they never got nerfed like T12 and T13.

Halfus = easymode, even on heroic, but Maloriak was difficult enough to warrant a temporary title for defeating him, and we never managed to get heroic Magmaw down.
    Remember, however, that progression through the first tier in an xpac should be harder. Newer mechanics and combat styles due to changes, less gear (Going from 372 Ht11 to 379 t12 is less then going from heroic 346's and no tier to 359) less BiS, fewer good enchants, maybe no buff food (depending on how soon you start raiding) and the like. I'd imagine t14 to be much harder, at first, to get started in then t12 and t13 were.

T11, we did 25m, when we were still carrying baddies. Even when we didn't start raiding until 3+ months into the xpac, we managed 5/13 heroic in t11. But I really enjoyed the 3 different raids, much more then the single raid we have now.

Some of the fights were good, others relied on interupting or your group would wipe.

I liked the idea of interupting, but come on you couldn't even do ODS without a shaman.