Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    It's kinda funny, I remember people complaining about how most of the fights were a joke...
    I don't remember this at all

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Conclave was plain funny, I remember we kept wiping simply because our frost DK could not kite the adds and al'akir Phase 1 in HM was STUPID <.<
    I never understood why that was so hard for some DK's. I did it along with 1 mage and soon after I heard of people using 3 mages to help the DK. WTF? All you had to do was run in a large circle and keep slows up. Use hungering cold when the new set of adds spawned and then a ring of frost to bunch the new ones up with the old. Repeat.

But yea, t11 was a pain. However, the people I raid with now are MUCH better than then so ofc these heroics feel easier. I don't have 5 absolute retards I have to carry through.

Deleted
    Amazing shadow priest tier (or ranged tier in general). Even bosses like Magmaw, Maloriak and Valiona & Theralion were very demanding and required a lot of hours of progress to beat (though I think Magmaw got stripped off some hp later into the tier). Halfus, Chimaeron and Atramedes weren't easy, but definitely close to the mid-level of the pre-nerf DS and FL heroics (nowhere near as easy as bosses like Morchok or Shannox).

All the fights required proper execution and focus from every player during the whole fight (unlike several fights in DS and FL). Fights like Cho'gall heroic, Ascendant council heroic, Omnotron heroic, Al'akir heroic and Nefarian heroic felt like lasting forever and one single mistake from one player could easily wipe you.

It's kinda funny, I remember people complaining about how most of the fights were a joke...
    Sure, that's why it took the at that time best guild 2 months to clear 13/13. And by then I think most of the best 10-mans were at 7/13 because 10-man was overtuned like hell on like half the bosses.

But still, I'd probably still play WoW if it stayed that hard. People who didn't start raiding right from the start have no idea, and if you weren't 10-man you haven't seen how hard raiding can be. I hate the new "one hard boss per tier" design.

if a fight relies on interrupting a single spell that will cause a wipe, that is called BAD DESIGN, because you have to factor 1) pc stability and 2) latency stability. personally from a POV before any fights got nerfed, DS was not THAT bad - it had interesting fights, it had long fights, it had execution fights.

also remember - t11 had 13 bosses, t13 had 8. so technically t11 was better as there were more fights with diff mechanics, but id say DS did well, regarding design, not difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    One time my T11 HM guild wanted me to do interrupt a 0.5 second interrupt cast on Maloriak however I sucked at it

Q_Q thankfully they only assigned that to me once and I never did it again god I was so frustrated -.-
    Heh, I was the one doing that in my guild back then since nobody else managed to consistently get it right.

Ended up doing the job for the entire tier.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted
    People do that every single tier to some extend.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Rogue, Heroic Valiona and Theralion was both the most fun and the most hatred I've ever had with a single fight.

Seriously, fuck the Twilight realm.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Amazing shadow priest tier (or ranged tier in general). Even bosses like Magmaw, Maloriak and Valiona & Theralion were very demanding and required a lot of hours of progress to beat (though I think Magmaw got stripped off some hp later into the tier). Halfus, Chimaeron and Atramedes weren't easy, but definitely close to the mid-level of the pre-nerf DS and FL heroics (nowhere near as easy as bosses like Morchok or Shannox).

All the fights required proper execution and focus from every player during the whole fight (unlike several fights in DS and FL). Fights like Cho'gall heroic, Ascendant council heroic, Omnotron heroic, Al'akir heroic and Nefarian heroic felt like lasting forever and one single mistake from one player could easily wipe you.
    Magmaw, Maloriak, and V&T were probably the 3 hardest bosses in 10 man. :|

4/8 heroic guild.
    7/7 Heroic FL - no prob.
    Walked into Heroic BoT - holy hell. We got destroyed. Halfus was easy enough(lol pulled all drakes at the same time), but we got to V&T... never did finish the fight.STILL have no idea how to do it before getting overran - could be our meh dps...

Heroic V&T is harder than any fight for us, thusfar. And we outgear it by two tiers. I really wish my gear was up to par then, I think this could have been a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    4/8 heroic guild.
    7/7 Heroic FL - no prob.
    Walked into Heroic BoT - holy hell. We got destroyed. Halfus was easy enough(lol pulled all drakes at the same time), but we got to V&T... never did finish the fight.STILL have no idea how to do it before getting overran - could be our meh dps...

Heroic V&T is harder than any fight for us, thusfar. And we outgear it by two tiers. I really wish my gear was up to par then, I think this could have been a lot of fun.
    Heroic V/T was one of the easiest fights in the tier by a long shot as long as you had 3 rogues (25man, not sure how 10mans did this), we just had them camp down there killing the adds and it was basically just normal mode with more damage. If you're wiping to being "overrun", STACK MOAR ROGUES! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Heroic V/T was one of the easiest fights in the tier by a long shot as long as you had 3 rogues (25man, not sure how 10mans did this), we just had them camp down there killing the adds and it was basically just normal mode with more damage. If you're wiping to being "overrun", STACK MOAR ROGUES! :P
    haha No rogues! we're POWEREN THROUGH IT! had a 2% wipe before our healers fell behind(lol60k hps not being enough) Like a baws.

hardest boss in the game in VnT heroic without a rogue/retpally. Took us 3 full nights....and we never ever did it again.
    Last edited by Coalex; 2012-03-31 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    10 man was near impossible until the 2nd nerf. Then it was like 'lol1shot.'

Deleted
    Al'akir 25 hm... oh god, so many wipes. Although at least the hard part was first so you could try again quickly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    hardest boss in the game in VnT heroic without a rogue/retpally. Took us 3 full nights....and we never ever did it again.
    It took you 3 nights to kill the "hardest boss in the game"? O_O That doesn't seem particularly long, I recall wiping on the shitstorm of fun that was Conclave of Wind 25HM for two whole weeks of 3 nights/week, never helps when you're like "YES WE'VE FINNALY GOT THIS FUCKER JUST ONE MORE ULTIMATE, SLOW YOUR DPS, TAKE IT THEN FINISH THEM!" "WTF (@the add kiter on the nature platform) HOW DO YOU FALL OFF THE BLOODY PLATFORM?!?!?!"

If there was one thing I hated about T11, it was the sheer amount of add kiting that was required when it felt like your add kiter was that one retard you always carry in a 25man team.

I loved T11. So much more than FL and DS.

FL and DS are both an obnoxious joke.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Some of the fights were good, others relied on interupting or your group would wipe.

I liked the idea of interupting, but come on you couldn't even do ODS without a shaman.
    Interrupting is shite, I don't mind doing it on one fight, but T11 required lots of it. It was a huge pain.

Luckily I excel at it, but I would dread it each time. Especially when you are doing it for the first time, so you are on the ball for the whole night, wiping to other peoples mistakes. It was not fun.

Sadly, this expansion went downhill with each patch added.

Oh the memories, such an amazing tier. I had so much fun. I really hope they quit making raids with the design that t12 and t13 has been made with. Would be nice with more than one hard boss per tier.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    T11 was just annoying because even when fights that were "Farm" status we would always have annoying random wipes esp on omnitron/VnT/ and conclave and that left almost no time for progression without pushing for more nights almost felt like we were raidng as much as ulduar without as much success.
    Which is why it was so good.