typo in hunter talents?

The Transmorph Trap:
    Place a nature trap laced with a special toxin that will transmorph the next enemy into a beast, reducing their movement speed by 60% and causing them to be unable to use any of their normal abilities for up to 1 minute.

my main is a hunter so im not ripping on this at all but.... that's insanely overpowered... you use that in pvp the other person can't do anything for a whole minute. use that on a healer and they can't heal anyone for a whole minute? or is this just a typo?

edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...lator#YZ!20012.
    Last edited by hq78; 2012-04-04 at 09:07 PM. Reason: added blizzard url

It almost certainly has a reduced duration in PvP, just like Poly/Sap, and stuns.

I don't have a hunter on Beta right now, so I can't test it for you immediately.

As with all other crowd control mechanics, this will undoubtedly have a reduced duration when used on players.

The talent doesn't even exist any more, the calculator just isn't updated on the site.

The level 75 tier now includes talents called Murder of Crows, Call of the Beast (or something like that), and Lynx Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by hq78 View Post
    The Transmorph Trap:
    Place a nature trap laced with a special toxin that will transmorph the next enemy into a beast, reducing their movement speed by 60% and causing them to be unable to use any of their normal abilities for up to 1 minute.

my main is a hunter so im not ripping on this at all but.... that's insanely overpowered... you use that in pvp the other person can't do anything for a whole minute. use that on a healer and they can't heal anyone for a whole minute? or is this just a typo?

edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...lator#YZ!20012.
    First off, that talent no longer exists and neither does that ability, period.

Secondly, most/all tooltips regarding CC show the PvE duration. For PvP, it will most likely be 5-8 seconds, in line with most other 'loss of control' CCs.

They key part being "up to", meaning that 1 minute is the MAX. I would not expect anything close to a one minute duration for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sir have a good point there!

oh ok, thanks for the replies everyone. gonna go look up the new talents lol

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The talent doesn't even exist any more, the calculator just isn't updated on the site.

The level 75 tier now includes talents called Murder of Crows, Call of the Beast (or something like that), and Lynx Rush.
    It's Call Beast. Which is also a quite accurate description of what it does.
    "A Murder of Crows" is also rather interesting, as it is a second execute move(if the target is below 20%, it does not incur a cooldown when used, though it costs 60 Focus so you can't just spam it).
    Lynx Rush is currently severly underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's Call Beast. Which is also a quite accurate description of what it does.
    "A Murder of Crows" is also rather interesting, as it is a second execute move(if the target is below 20%, it does not incur a cooldown when used, though it costs 60 Focus so you can't just spam it).
    Lynx Rush is currently severly underpowered.
    can you link me to the source of these?

Check the hunter forums, we have a beta thread, it's right in the first post. There are even a few separate threads for them.

Also, I doubt MoC will be as strong as an execute considering BC and LR. It has no CD under 20%, meaning that you have 100% uptime on it (it lasts 30 seconds, which is a 50% uptime pre-20%). I'd be rather surprised if you can stack multiple murders, and that a second one would just overwrite the first, especially considering the focus cost. My feeling is that the kill shot phase thing will just to keep 100% uptime on it.

can you link me to the source of these?
    Hunter transfer just finished, I can confirm that this talent has been removed and replaced with those abilities.

Sloppy, but gets my point/source across:

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Hunter transfer just finished, I can confirm that this talent has been removed and replaced with those abilities.

Sloppy, but gets my point/source across:
    those look sweet, thanks. can you check if call beast has 2 pets attacking at the same time? the one that gets summoned and your current pet. and lynx rush looks so bad hahaha

those look sweet, thanks. can you check if call beast has 2 pets attacking at the same time? the one that gets summoned and your current pet. and lynx rush looks so bad hahaha
    My active pet does stay out with Call Beast, as you can see here:

It looks like Call Beast summons one of three random beasts at the moment (and it also seems bugged-- it has no cooldown, and the Beasts run around and attack whatever they damn well please-- Hunter's Mark seems to help keep them focused, but they're a little finicky with their initial targeting).

You can get the beetle, above;

The Pandarian tiger:

And the white, shiny tiger:

holy crap that first pet is HUGE!!!! i loveeeeee it!! thanks so much

holy crap that first pet is HUGE!!!! i loveeeeee it!! thanks so much
    No problem. They'll probably be scaled down before launch, hunter pet scaling is COMPLETELY. BROKEN. Right now. Yes that is actually my Devilsaur with nothing on him but Bestial Wrath in the second picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No problem. They'll probably be scaled down before launch, hunter pet scaling is COMPLETELY. BROKEN. Right now. Yes that is actually my Devilsaur with nothing on him but Bestial Wrath in the second picture.
    lmao doesn't even look like a dino