Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Summoning temporary demon like Wild Imps removes Grimoire of Sacrifice buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Summoning temporary demon like Wild Imps removes Grimoire of Sacrifice buff.
    I think that is probably a bug. Wild Imps are not really under your control, so they shouldn't count as "your pet"

15+ Year Old Account
    It happens with Infernal, Doomguard, Wild Imps, and Wild Imps proc'd from Demonic Calling.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

another interesting thing to note, unless it was a bug, is that using Grim of Sac, triggers demonic rebirth at the moment. I haven't done out the math but it might be a decent dps increase to sacc a demon for the last 15 seconds (for the 30% increase) of your meta and re-summon the pet once it costs mana and not fury. This all depends on the fury generation rate of pet attacks and how 15% personal dps compares to what the pet does of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    That might be a viable strategy for Grimoire of Sacrifice, but I don't know if it could compete with the other two talents. Also remember that the pet summon will cost 25% of your mana, that's going to be more than 2 life taps to recover. I seem to be life tapping a lot more now than on live, granted I'm 23 ilevels less on this premade, but the mana pool changes will probably make some impact to strategies.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Demonic Fury seems to give additional benefit outside of Meta when at 500 DF or above. This could mean that we would get DF to 1000, pop Meta, use it to slightly above 500, toggle out of Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Keep in mind that Demonic Fury seems to give additional benefit outside of Meta when at 500 DF or above. This could mean that we would get DF to 1000, pop Meta, use it to slightly above 500, toggle out of Meta.
    I believe you are referring to the Demonic Fury Bonus listed on the mastery tooltip for Mastery: Master Demonologist and in the character window. I'll investigate this further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much appreciated. Still waiting for the beta key. Oh and if you have any additional comments or see things that I got wrong in my thread "[Official] Compiled Warlock Changes in MoP Beta" please point them out. Without a Beta key it's hard to check tooltips vs actuality and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demonic Fury is a damage increasing buff that scales with your fury from 0-500. From 500-1000 it is a static damage increase amount. In Meta Demonic Fury buff gives a 0% damage increase. I haven't found the relationship between how much mastery you have, what the mastery tooltip says for the bonus, and what damage increase you actually get.

This video shows how it drops from 500-200. Not recorded is going from 0-200 fury, at 0 fury the damage dealt increase is 0%. The mastery tooltip in this gear says "Increases the Demonic Fury bonus by 18.84%." It doesn't mention damage, just a bonus. Naked the bonus from having the 13 base mastery says the bonus is increased by 11.53%, and the buff tooltip says damage is increase by 5.95% at 200 fury.

Last edited by OOMM; 2012-04-02 at 05:31 PM.

The formula is 2% damage per mastery in Meta. 0.66% damage per Mastery at 500 Fury out of meta.

Deleted
    The tooltip for Metamorposis in the spec windows (where you can choose between Demonology, Destruction, Affliction) reads "Increases the benefit from Demonic Fury by 200%" or something along those lines (not at home so can't double check). This would be in line with what Xelnath posted ("increase by 200%" = "100% + 200%" = "300%" = 3 times as much). As I was theorycrafting about a week ago, I would expect us to drain Fury to 500 and then switch out of it.

But I have to admit, at 20 Mastery the current values would make Metamorphosis bring us 40%-12% = 28% damage increase. This feels VERY low compared to how it currently gives us more than double that. It is probably going to work out because we now get bonus damage while not in Metamorphosis and we can use Metamorphosis more often, I am just used to switching into Metamorphosis and blowing stuff up I guess.

Thumbs up

Thanks to OOMM for making this informative thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The formula is 2% damage per mastery in Meta. 0.66% damage per Mastery at 500 Fury out of meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFlipper View Post
    The tooltip for Metamorposis in the spec windows (where you can choose between Demonology, Destruction, Affliction) reads "Increases the benefit from Demonic Fury by 200%" or something along those lines (not at home so can't double check). This would be in line with what Xelnath posted ("increase by 200%" = "100% + 200%" = "300%" = 3 times as much). As I was theorycrafting about a week ago, I would expect us to drain Fury to 500 and then switch out of it.

But I have to admit, at 20 Mastery the current values would make Metamorphosis bring us 40%-12% = 28% damage increase. This feels VERY low compared to how it currently gives us more than double that. It is probably going to work out because we now get bonus damage while not in Metamorphosis and we can use Metamorphosis more often, I am just used to switching into Metamorphosis and blowing stuff up I guess.
    I'm not sure these are lining up with the numbers I've gathered. It is quite likely that I'm not thinking correctly but here is a small bit of my testing. I suspect the tooltip isn't updating immediately on value change for fury-to-DFdamage, but it looks to be close enough.

Gear Rating Mastery Meta Dmg Bonus
    DF Dmg Fury
    378 with DS
    1476 46.23 132.98% 41.02 44.35% 500
    17.74%
    1476 21.23 66.48% 18.84 22.17% 500
    21.06%
    17.74% 390
    15.52% 330
    12.19% 259
    8.87% 200
    Naked
    0 13 44.58% 11.53 14.87% 500
    13.32%
    11.83% 383
    9.60% 316
    8.09% 253
    5.95% 200

None of these numbers seem to line up exactly, but it looks like they are pretty close to Meta Damage is 3*(Bonus+3.33) and the DF Damage is the Bonus + 3.33 when at 500 fury. And it looks like the Bonus is Mastery*0.8873.

Deleted
    From my own experience with 2 weeks of beta, (lvl 86 with mainly Temple of the jade serpent farming) I figured out our hardest hitting spell is by far curse of doom.
    I managed to get 250k crits with dark soul meta and a maxed demonic power.
    With this statement, my goal in single target is to increase my demonic power to the max, pop DS and meta and apply curse of doom. Even though we got everlasting affliction, the CoD will still snapshot your stats if you don't refresh it before it ends. So once I cast CoD I just dump my demonic power to 0 the fastest as I can, and then I got about 45 sec (the time before the huge CoD ends) to rebuild totally my demonic power in normal form, mainly using wild imps, grimoire of service, soulfire, shadowflame and of course shadow bolt. I only manage to get 2 full rotation on a dummy because all spells now cost so much mana and lifetap eats all your life in under 2 minutes, and I don't know if it's possible to maintain the CoD cycle for more than 3 or 4 minutes, because lifetaps slow the rotation since in normal form you have to tap every 3 bolts... But anyway I play around CoD and I see big numbers every 15 sec and it works fine for me.
    Without recount I don't know if it's more effective than a rotation where you pop meta and try to make it last longer, but just another thnig to point out, the doomguard doesn't seem to snapshot stats anymore, in my ilvl 404 gear it hits for a bit more than 30k on regular hits, no matter if I got full demonic power or DS with tons of mastery. Same goes for Meta itself, you will hit harder of course with Dark Soul but once the buff is gone you just come back to normal even if you are still in meta.

My simulator might be off, but here's where I'm getting my data from:

Meta:
    You transform into a Demon, increasing damage dealt by ${10+$77219m1*2}.2% and allows the use of various demonic abilities.

Master Demonologist:
    Increases the Demonic Fury bonus by ${$77219m1*0.667}.2%.

Increases the damage done by your demon servants by ${$77219m1}.2%.

$?s63303[The damage you take while transformed into a demon is reduced by][The damage you deal while transformed into a demon is increased by] ${$77219m1*2}.2%.

Master Demonologist has a 1.33 Mastery Coefficient

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 06:46 PM ----------

Derp. I see. 1.33 * 0.667 is 0.8873

Thanks dude!

You always get the full mastery bonus in Meta, regardless of Demonic Fury.

Also keep in mind that, while BoD does the highest single hits, it only does so once every 15 seconds. If it ticks for 120k on average, that's only 8k DPS.

Deleted
    Well huth you're right master demonologist increase DG's damage, and you can know the amount just by checking directly at your DG's buff. At lvl 86 and 21.18 mastery it's 21%, then if you pop dark soul it's 46%
    I didn't notice before because with all the imps dots and such it's hard to track the increase in damage, but once dark soul is over master demonologist comes back to 21%, even on the doomguard, so I expect that a trinket like moonwell chalice won't let us cheat like in 4.2 cata build.

It's worth noting right now that CoD adds up to 50% of it's duration to it's current cast if it's recast. So if you pop meta at 1k fury and use Dark Soul: Knowledge and then cast CoD twice you get a 90 second fully charged CoD. If CoD continues to not be dynamic this seems like the most likely rotation goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've update the first post some to clean up a few minor things that I got wrong in the first pass. I'm also adding some of the tooltips so that non-beta people can understand the changes a little bit more as I discuss what we might do with them. Also, I got in the beta on my main account and will start testing with a geared warlock later. I don't know how much that will change but having a full mastery stacking set will help me test the ever changing limits of Threatening Presence as well.

I was playing around last night on dummys and I could stay in meta for like 3 minutes before running out of fury, I would sometimes randomly get a full bar of fury and I'm not sure what causes it...
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.