Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Isn't this the best part about gw2 you don't have to worry about other peoples choices you can do what ever you want and don't have to fight for loot.
    Yeah, that's one of the best things about it. I think I'm just a bit of a hipster.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm not afraid about the popularity of the classes. I'm just afraid I'll pick one and end up not liking it. QQ
    don't start leveling right away go do pvp try out some of the classes max level see what you like then go with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm not afraid about the popularity of the classes. I'm just afraid I'll pick one and end up not liking it. QQ
    Maybe I'm just more open-minded than most people, but what I often find is that I'll enjoy/hate at least one aspect of every class.

Even with my WoW Shaman, my favorite class (so far), I still greatly dislike totem mechanics. On top of MANY other clunky mechanics in my spec of choice.
    But I still enjoy it, and just deal with the shit I don't like. At least in GW2, you can mostly build your character in the direction you want to go.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Maybe I'm just more open-minded than most people, but what I often find is that I'll enjoy/hate at least one aspect of every class.

Even with my WoW Shaman, my favorite class (so far), I still greatly dislike totem mechanics. On top of MANY other clunky mechanics in my spec of choice.
    But I still enjoy it, and just deal with the shit I don't like. At least in GW2, you can mostly build your character in the direction you want to go.
    Use to love shaman till they removed 2hand enhance....sad day for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Use to love shaman till they removed 2hand enhance....sad day for me
    Don't get me started on that! >(

If Blizzard were to bring back 2H Enhance, they'd need to spread around weapon itemization for everybody, similar to the way GW2 works, and frankly, I'm perfectly happy as a DW shaman. We've already got plenty of 2H specs in the game!

If Blizzard were to bring back 2H Enhance, they'd need to spread around weapon itemization for everybody, similar to the way GW2 works, and frankly, I'm perfectly happy as a DW shaman. We've already got plenty of 2H specs in the game!
    Thats just a big nostalgia trip for me first 60 was a shaman enhance with unstoppable force oooooooh the days before windfury got nerfed to hell :PPPPP

If Blizzard were to bring back 2H Enhance, they'd need to spread around weapon itemization for everybody,
    They could use Staves and 2H Maces! I even theorycrafted how a 2H Shaman Tank tree could work in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    They could use Staves and 2H Maces! I even theorycrafted how a 2H Shaman Tank tree could work in MoP.
    Yeah, no. Just don't start. Any class can, in theory, do anything. Priests could tank and Rogues could heal, and Blizzard could easily find a way to make it work. But they don't want to and, frankly, I don't trust Blizzard to balance the 34 specs they already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. Just don't start. Any class can, in theory, do anything. Priests could tank and Rogues could heal, and Blizzard could easily find a way to make it work. But they don't want to and, frankly, I don't trust Blizzard to balance the 34 specs they already have.
    rouge heal: stab your ally, 50% chance to fix the problem, 50% chance to make it worse

fan of blood, the rogue explodes spattering blood onto his allies, they are healed the more blood thats on them. the rogue dies

Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-03 at 11:59 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

well we derailed this quite bad

Yeah no more WoW talk pls, you're making me cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    Yeah no more WoW talk pls, you're making me cringe.
    can i keep my surgeon and exploding head gif
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or are Smoke Screen and Blinding Powder very similar? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or are Smoke Screen and Blinding Powder very similar? :S
    they are, but smoke creates a shield, kind of like guardians where projectiles cant enter

blinding powder just throws shit in their eyes and stealths your group so they can get a few seconds to recover

smoke would be useful in defending control points in conquest (lets hope you can still hot swap skills in pvp while out of combat)

blind is better against melee-range enemies, and where you want to stay mobile (like not being on a control point)

also blind is targeted, so you have offensive zone control with it where smoke is defensive
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-03 at 08:07 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    they are, but smoke creates a shield, kind of like guardians where projectiles cant enter

blinding powder just throws shit in their eyes and stealths your group so they can get a few seconds to recover

smoke would be useful in defending control points in conquest (lets hope you can still hot swap skills in pvp while out of combat)

blind is better against melee-range enemies, and where you want to stay mobile (like not being on a control point)
    Well, what I mean is they both blind, and they're both AoE smokes. I just find it odd that they're so similar while still fulfilling similar functions. :P
    In a way, it's even similar to what Shadow's Refuge does, except in the case of SR, you can't even target the people inside (without tossing down AoE I suppose).

10+ Year Old Account
    its the same difference between mines and grenades, offensive vs defensive area control

worth noting that blind stealths your team, smoke doesnt

also im pretty sure no type of projectile can enter smoke screen, targeted OR aimed

and blinding powder lasts 5 times longer

OMGHEEDITEDAGAIN???

example: you're off attacking the enemy backline while assaulting a point with your guardian friend, its a 2v2 fight

warrior starts eating your guardian's face (who's in staff atm) you can toss the blinding powder behind you onto the warr and guardian to blind and stealth them respectively while you continue you run the elementalist's asshole out through his mouth
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-03 at 08:13 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    can i keep my surgeon and exploding head gif
    Yes you may good sire

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Reviver's Deception in actual application. The wording suggests it only applies stealth upon a successful revive, but I keep hoping it applies stealth just for helping a downed/defeated player at all.

Either way, I imagine it will prove very useful in group play, especially pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Reviver's Deception in actual application. The wording suggests it only applies stealth upon a successful revive, but I keep hoping it applies stealth just for helping a downed/defeated player at all.

Either way, I imagine it will prove very useful in group play, especially pvp.
    i keep thinking it'd be cooler to stealth you while reviving, applying it after the revive seems a bit redundant with the 1s invinc and everything

yea its still useful but... iunno
    The Original Ganksta

Quite a concern I have regarding the build I made, will poisons stack with each other?