Question about D3 collectors edition

So I bought the 12 month sub to WoW and got the free copy of D3, I am curious if there is a way I can upgrade it to the collectors edition.. or if I am screwed and would have to rebuy it if i wanted it

Upgrading to CE gets your 4 free months of wow (that counts towards ur annual trap)

Deleted
    As above, if you input the CE serial code your account gets upgraded, you then still get the in-game CE perks, but your old D3 copy is overwritten, in lieu of this you will get 4 months playtime added to your WoW account, these 4 months do count towards the annual pass subscription months

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means that he bought the 12 month sub for WoW through Annual Pass and got the free copy of Diablo 3 non-collectors..
    And then asks if there is some way he will be able to upgrade the non-collectors to collectors edition without having to buy the whole collectors edition package.

I know with SWTOR you could buy the standard edition, and later on upgrade to either Deluxe or Collectors, but i have not seen anything about it being possible for Diablo 3.
    I think you better mail Blizzard and ask them about this, i bet they should know if it will be possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    I think he means that he bought the 12 month sub for WoW through Annual Pass and got the free copy of Diablo 3 non-collectors..
    And then asks if there is some way he will be able to upgrade the non-collectors to collectors edition without having to buy the whole collectors edition package.

I know with SWTOR you could buy the standard edition, and later on upgrade to either Deluxe or Collectors, but i have not seen anything about it being possible for Diablo 3.
    I think you better mail Blizzard and ask them about this, i bet they should know if it will be possible.
    My above answer was for someone who has the AP and is upgrading to collectors, it's in the FAQ, you get the standard replaced with 4 months gametime and the D3 in your acc is upgraded to CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post

That's exactly what they were responding to, mate. If you have annual pass and buy a collector's edition, you can input the collector's edition code and they'll give you 4 months of WoW for free. In essence you'll only be paying the difference between the regular game and CE.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That's exactly what they were responding to, mate. If you have annual pass and buy a collector's edition, you can input the collector's edition code and they'll give you 4 months of WoW for free. In essence you'll only be paying the difference between the regular game and CE.
    You are right, my bad..
    I forgot that it was possible to get the CE through Annual Pass.
    I never bothered with Annual Pass myself since i knew i wouldnt be playing WoW for it to be worth it, but now i remember that i read that both non-CE and CE were available through Annual Pass.

You cannot get the CE through the annual pass and there is no digital download of the CE, you need to buy the physical copy if you want it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Poster explaining Blue Poster on Official Forum
    When you sign up for the Annual Pass, you will get Diablo III for free.

If you buy the Collector's Edition of Diablo III and apply it to your account, the free copy of Diablo III will be overridden by the Collector's Edition.

However, to reward and compensate fans who go ahead and purchase the Collector's Edition for the extra goodies anyway, Blizzard will give you 4 months of WoW time for free.

These four months will count towards your Annual Pass obligation to be a subscriber for 12 months.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881721699#17