Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    yeah and i wouldnt rate portal 2 higher than a 6, but well.. thats a biased opinion and not a neutral review, isnt it?
    very much so. I loved portal 2 would not mark it under 8. Would hit 10 if it had a few more hours init

"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2012-04-08 at 04:57 PM.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there is absolutely no chance this game is getting a score lower than 9.0 on any of the biggest gaming sites (IGN, Gamespot, GameFaqs).

Still waters run deep.

7-8 because alot of people don't want D3 they want D2,5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    people don't want D3 they want D2,5
    so they want diablo 2 Lord of destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    very much so. I loved portal 2 would not mark it under 8. Would hit 10 if it had a few more hours init

"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
    yeah portal 2 has some cool quotes but thats not what makes a game :>

Judging by how polish the game is I think it won't be lower than 9.

Deleted
    6/10 seems reasonable.

Deleted
    As far as i have seen it could possibly be over 95%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
    Well it won't have as much replayability as say Starcraft 2 for instance, with major multiplayer aspects etc...so i'm thinking 8.5
    People still play Diablo II, so it will definitely have the same replayability as Starcraft 2. I'm guessing a 9/10.

8 from Edge, 9-9.5 from GI and IGN, 8.5 from Gamespot and Destructoid. Metascore of ~85-7

I don't think anybody but Edge's would be worth reading though.

Guessing a meta around 70-80

Deleted
    I think it'll score 8.0 - 8.5 on the major review sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Probably higher than it deserves cause its called "diablo" and d2 and d1 nostalgy will kick in on the reviewers. From what ive seen so far and in beta im not really impressed.
    Talent system is boring(liked d2 style much more), d2 rune system is gone which is something that annoys the hell out of me, RMAH gives me mixed feelings aswell... Basically i find more negatives about it than positives and when i played through beta, as mentioned, i wasn't really impressed. Personally i wouldnt give it anything above 7/10
    I actually have more faith in torchlight 2 rather than diablo :s
    If you like D2's talent system more, your brain is probably eroded with nostalgia. Permanent choices in talents, if you want to respecc make a new character. Sure it's fun if you have no life. There's just as much choice in the new talents only that you're not stuck with your talents forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    Considering no websites seem to be able to give ratings lower than 8 nowadays i'm gonna go with that. I, however, would give it a 6 from what i've played in the beta. Tbh if I wasn't getting it for free because I play wow, I would probably not buy it.
    I've played the beta too and if you're going to be fair and compare it to the D2 beta, which lead up to BLOOD RAVEN, then it's a great beta.

I'd say D3 will easily get 9/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    If you like D2's talent system more, your brain is probably eroded with nostalgia. Permanent choices in talents, if you want to respecc make a new character. Sure it's fun if you have no life. There's just as much choice in the new talents only that you're not stuck with your talents forever.

I've played the beta too and if you're going to be fair and compare it to the D2 beta, which lead up to BLOOD RAVEN, then it's a great beta.

I'd say D3 will easily get 9/10.

You can respec just beat den of evil and akara will do it for you

emm im not really nostalgic about d2... d1 has special place in my heart, not d2...

It also appears to me that your only gripe with old system is lack of ability to respecc... and if i remember correctly akara lets you respecc nowadays...

My point being however, with d2 talent trees ,or skill trees if you will, you could play around a ton, have some fun with it, try out new things. New talent tree is pointless. If you can change your talent build whenever you want for the price of 30 sec cooldown on switched ability, it defeats the sole purpose of character building. I mean, whats the point of figuring out the build that will handle all situations properly ( which IS great fun for tons of people, me included) if you can switch w/e you want whenever you want? You encounter something tough? sure, np, i will just wait 30 secs and faceroll it with that 1 ability that makes this encounter faceroll. If respeccing would cost you fucktons of gold or whatnot then sure, its fine, but when 30 sec cd is the only price, then they may aswell just remove talent trees alltogether...
    2nd thing wrong about this talent system, or rather latter implementation of it, is that you lose fucktons of choices you had compared to first implementation. I personally cannot feel different than that blizz changed talent system to help retards build their characters. For example barbarians who would make talent build w/o single fury generator and then whine that game is too hard and stupid... now they cannot fail at using brain cause they are forced to take at least 1 fury generator.
    For me, latter implementation is simply bad. It often forces me to take abilities i really dont want at all and some passive abilities are just so hurtfull with their "nobrain" choice it makes my eyes bleed... therefore again,they are stripping you of actual choice... firstly due to your choices being simply meaningless as you can switch around all the time and secondly due to some passive skills VAST superiority over others...

As i said tough, wouldnt give it anything over 7/10
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2012-04-08 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard always manage to produce critical and public sucesses, so I am sure Diablo 3 will be the same, unless its the start of a massive downward spiral for Blizz but I dont see it.

blizzard are still one of my fave gamers developers, so I hve alot of faith :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-04-08 at 07:00 PM.

I don't see how D3 will outlast SC2 multiplayer wise, you play through it with a friend, beat it and walla! uninstall...SC2 has leaderboards etc. I mean how many times can you play through the same exact story/areas in co-op before it gets old
    Everyone's got their personal preferences. I'd much rather play co-op games over competitive games any day. But, that's just me. If this is to be anything like Diablo 2, all of your playthroughs should be different.

Deleted
    I don't see how D3 will outlast SC2 multiplayer wise, you play through it with a friend, beat it and walla! uninstall...
    Oh boy...

You really haven't played Diablo before have you?

Also, why on Earth would you be comparing an RTS to Diablo? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    You can respec just beat den of evil and akara will do it for you
    That was introduced what, 10 years after the game launched? Not sure if serious...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't see how D3 will outlast SC2 multiplayer wise, you play through it with a friend, beat it and walla! uninstall...SC2 has leaderboards etc. I mean how many times can you play through the same exact story/areas in co-op before it gets old
    You do realize that there is still a pretty large community for d2. That and the non pro sc2 scene has died off a lot lately.