Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am smugly satisfied either way.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this but it's regarding Glass Beads Farming. Where can I best farm them?

I came to the party a little late (a literal party of the ascended in this case). And I missed the carnival. There aren't any more dragon pinatas I keep reading about. I've been religiously scratching&winning on that bloody addictive Rift iphone App to get glass beads, and I do all the dailies ('cept that crazy 3-man quartermaster which hits like a dungeon boss).

How else can I farm them beads?

Subquestion: What're the recommended world event items I should get?
    A lot of them do stuff like make you sparkle with energy? I've heard guise of death is pretty awesome looking though!

I've gotten the 24 slot bag (awesome). The mounts seem a bit expensive at the rate I'm earning (5000 dragon tears for tartargon, 3000+ ash strider). I've heard the barnacle encrusted source engine (is that the same as sigil?) is quite OP for its level. So I might invest 1000 there...

Edit: I'm in my mid twenties, not a level 50 char.
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2012-04-09 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Didn't want to make a new thread for this but it's regarding Glass Beads Farming. Where can I best farm them?

I came to the party a little late (a literal party of the ascended in this case). And I missed the carnival. There aren't any more dragon pinatas I keep reading about. I've been religiously scratching&winning on that bloody addictive Rift iphone App to get glass beads, and I do all the dailies ('cept that crazy 3-man quartermaster which hits like a dungeon boss).

How else can I farm them beads?

Subquestion: What're the recommended world event items I should get?
    A lot of them do stuff like make you sparkle with energy? I've heard guise of death is pretty awesome looking though!

I've gotten the 24 slot bag (awesome). The mounts seem a bit expensive at the rate I'm earning (5000 dragon tears for tartargon, 3000+ ash strider). I've heard the barnacle encrusted source engine (is that the same as sigil?) is quite OP for its level. So I might invest 1000 there...

Edit: I'm in my mid twenties, not a level 50 char.
    While I'm not sure of the best way to get the beads now I'd say it's probably doing the quests on multiple characters. Regarding the items you can buy; have a look on the AH for Guise of Death as on my shard it's often on there for a few platinum. Also for the mounts you can use Planarite to buy them, think it's 25k for each mount. As you're in your mid twenties that much Planarite is probably out of reach so I'd suggest just waiting till 50 for them and going for the Barnacle encrusted source engine (Which is the defiant version of the Guardian's Sigils)

The current World Event mounts, Tindrel and Nebula, are only purchasable with Pyrite Doubloons which are quest rewards, 1 in each phase of the World Event.
    If you don't already have 4 and are getting your last one next week then you won't be able to get one this event.

You can get a first/second next World Event so everyone who has been playing the last month or so can get both but if you're starting now you'll only get 1.

They are BoA though so if you do the quests on 2 characters next World Event then you can mail both mounts to the same character.

Best way to get the beads is through closing rifts and defeating invasions (the crossed swords on your map, as well as the zone-wide invasion forces that pop up now and then). Then there's also the daily quests for about 25 beads a piece. I bought the Barnacle Encrusted Sigil of the Five (guardian version) for each of my characters (4k each), each of the pets that I didn't already have (that's about another 1k) on my main, a couple of the weapons for Dragon Tears, as well as all the items required for the Ash strider mount. I still have quite a large number of beads left over. Of course, I do 72 crafting rifts each weekend on my main. So get loads and loads. I don't even do the dailies.

But, your only bet is to do the dailies, and any rifts/invasions you see. Especially in groups for the rifts, as you won't get any beads until you reach the 3rd stage, which is the first timed stage. And those can be a bit tough to get past solo (depending on class and soul combo)