Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    rank 3 is a must for the cool looking epeen mounts. Also everybody see the new ones coming 1.2? Mount achievements ftw <3 http://dulfy.net/2012/04/06/guild-ba...ements-in-1-2/
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    rank 3 is a must for the cool looking epeen mounts.
    I agree rank 3 is essential, but truthfully...the best looking mounts in game IMO are the Aratech ones...and you can get one of those at rank 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So if I was smart I would buy a mount or 2 now, but wait to get the training till 1.2? Is that even possible? I would test but I am at work .
    One of the devs specifically stated that you could do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It's slightly noticeable, the saved time will add up. The real benefit though is that it takes more damage and you have less a chance to get dis-mounted.
    Oh so mounts have health? And the better the mount, the lower the chances of you being dismounted? Interesting design, I must say.......

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Oh so mounts have health? And the better the mount, the lower the chances of you being dismounted? Interesting design, I must say.......
    The mount does not have health, it is still your own health, but you can get hit more before getting removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    One of the devs specifically stated that you could do that.
    My level 43 assassin has a rank 3 Ubrikkian Raider(the weird Ubrikkian style just suits my assassin IMO so I went with it over the Aratech) sitting in her cargo hold for just that reason. My lvl 37 trooper will probably pick up his rank 3 speeder tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I hate when people say this. Money is not that easy for everyone to come by. It seems a few people just randomly horde money better then others. I never blew money on useless items or severe amount of repairs etc but I barely had enough money for each mount upgrade typically having to wait a level or so after it becomes available just to blow every credit on the cruddy small upgrade.

People are correct in saying it is partially an investment into not being knocked off though. Although at times it seems that it's not very significant...
    It is easy enough if you try to make and save credits at all. I just rerolled on Harbinger and with a lvl 39 toon I have 1.4 million credits and I am just getting to the point where you can start making a good amount of credits doign quests/dailies.

OT yes the increased speed is worth it. Going from toons that only had 110% to the 90% I use now is a pretty big difference. If you can afford it you should get it, if you cant afford it then for your own sake figure out some easy and quick ways to make some credits.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Going from 280 -> 310 in WOW is:

410/380 = 7.9% speed increase

Going from 90 -> 100 in SWTOR is:

200/190 = 5.3% speed increase

Going from 90 -> 110 in SWTOR is:

210/190 = 10.5% speed increase

They're all mostly insignificant differences. The thing to keep in mind with SWTOR though is that as others have said, your mount gets "more HP" before you get knocked off.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Part of me wishes mounts scaled with your riding skill. I'll take what we've got, it's not a terrible system and it makes sense. But I'd really love to ride around on my Longspur Scout (90%) without gimping myself too much. It's just a great mount.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Part of me wishes mounts scaled with your riding skill. I'll take what we've got, it's not a terrible system and it makes sense. But I'd really love to ride around on my Longspur Scout (90%) without gimping myself too much. It's just a great mount.
    I just wish the bigger mounts went like 150%. My Desler seems like it goes super slow because of its sheer size when obviously its like the ferrari of mounts >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I just wish the bigger mounts went like 150%. My Desler seems like it goes super slow because of its sheer size when obviously its like the ferrari of mounts >.>
    It is pretty unsettling that the bigger the mount the slower it appears to go.

I was actually helping a guildie on belsavis with his story quest, being he just wanted to power through it. He still had his 90% mount, and me on my 110% mount. When "racing" on the two, the speed difference is actually very noticeable. I easily kept catching up to him and passing him, alt tabbed to post on forums, came back, passed him again, alt tabbed to post on forums, rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It is pretty unsettling that the bigger the mount the slower it appears to go.
    I wish I could spend like 10mill in order to get a 20% speed bonus or something. I feel like I'm in a golf cart in my Desler.... hell it feels like a golf cart is faster!

I'd lose my mind if I was still on a level 1 speeder on my max level characters.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I wish they'd add something(maybe a legacy perk?) where mounts would scale with your speed as well. My assassin rides the Ubrikkian mount(I like their style for the assassin), yet the 90% one(the red and green one with the painted on shark's teeth) looks better to me than the 100% and 110% ones which is kinda sad. OTOH, this would mean nobody would have to buy a rank 3 speeder if they were fine with the rank 1 designs, so perhaps...they could alternatively make it so you can unlock "paint jobs" for your mounts, sorta like, once you've bought a mount, you can unlock that mount's color scheme for your legacy, then use that design for any mount of the same type. This way, you could buy a rank 3 speeder then give it the rank 1 paint job if you prefer that style, but to get the 110% speed you'd still have to have actually bought a rank 3 speeder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know what the fuss is about I am a guild master and had to pay for guild bank and all that stuff. Furthermore I have a full time job, a gf and studying a degree. I find myself queezing enough time round all of this and don't even ever really go below 1 million. Do like 100k's worth of dailys each day (30 mins MAX) then log in for raids and pvp when you need to do.

If you find any decent items stick em on GTN for a decent price - job sorted.

And in regards to mount speed upgrades I think its worth it, makes dailies and leveling faster as well as looking good.

My friend said the same thing about the small increase in speed. The true advantage is not getting shot off. In my rank 3 speeders I can drive around in circles around things shooting at me and I still won't get knocked off or can have a couple players start attacking me and can just drive away half of the time.