Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Or is that one of her 'duties' as well?
    You don't like the word, do you? Well, life has some bad surprises in store for you...

Look, as i saw the pictures in the beginning with the percentages I made up my mind what I liked most. BUT......Drink 20 beers and then give your opinion again. I think I would hit on them all

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    This statement is no different than "the only person you should be trying to please is YOU". Adding the qualifier "your own body" is fundamentally no different from "your own personality" or "your own job".

If you are in a relationship, and you don't care about doing easy things that make your partner happy, you are doing it wrong.
    Actually it's very different. But anyway, If you're trying to change people you're in a relationship with I think you're doing it wrong.

I like skinny girls. Not stick thin, but skinny. I think my girlfriend is like 5"7" and 140 lbs

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    You're an army chap, or so your avatar suggests, so i'd respond quite aptly with this.

Why did you post this? Scarred guys I can handle... it's disturbing but not too terrible. It did, however, lead me to videos about horribly deformed babies and children that... will probably give me nightmares today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah but still the way you phrased it. And hell calling it a DUTY that's just going too far IMO. To me it's moreover something you'd do to HONOR the other one and make them feel better about being with you or themselves when seen with you rather than as a DUTY. In short i see it as more of a sign of love that you might CHOOSE to do it rather than something you should feel you HAVE to do.
    It becomes a duty when you say the following words "for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

You are promising a lifelong commitment to each other, no matter how bad it gets. As such, it is part of your duties as a married man/woman to make it easier for your partner to keep their end of the bargain. Which means: not being a harridan, providing for your family, maintaining your physical appearance and health, not being a inconsiderate jerk, etc.

Some things are "the right thing to do". As human, it is your duty to do the right thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grayscale-warfare View Post
    I like skinny girls. Not stick thin, but skinny. I think my girlfriend is like 5"7" and 140 lbs
    Thats average weight for her height, not really skinny.

She shouldn't expect it from you, and you shouldn't from her is all.

For example if I decided I wanted to start running every day I wouldn't be all "well I put forth this amount of effort, you should have to as well." Because it's his body, he can do what he wants with it.
    I disagree. I believe there is no right answer to this, it is simply whatever a couple agrees. Granted, you should not be demanding they be skinny or else, but there is nothing wrong with asking ur signifigant other to lose soe weight if u do it nicely.

This statement is no different than "the only person you should be trying to please is YOU". Adding the qualifier "your own body" is fundamentally no different from "your own personality" or "your own job".

If you are in a relationship, and you don't care about doing easy things that make your partner happy, you are doing it wrong.
    It's basically the same as putting on sexy lingerie only keeping in shape takes more effort.

If my girlfriend/wife suddenly becomes fat then I wouldn't like it. Just like anyone else wouldn't be happy when their partner is changing in a way they don't like. Not that I would break up/divorce over it, you still love that person.
    It's also not like women don't care at all when their formerly ripped husband is now overweight. You can pretend all you want but no one will believe you.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this thread still open? It's been derailed twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It becomes a duty when you say the following words "for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

You are promising a lifelong commitment to each other, no matter how bad it gets. As such, it is part of your duties as a married man/woman to make it easier for your partner to keep their end of the bargain. Which means: not being a harridan, providing for your family, maintaining your physical appearance and health, not being a inconsiderate jerk, etc.

Some things are "the right thing to do". As human, it is your duty to do the right thing.
    No it is NOT a DUTY it is STILL something you possibly SHOULD do as a consideration for them. But not a duty.

One's boss is curvy and one loves it, stick totty are not to one's taste anyweay.

My point was that it's one thing to like ceertain physical traits in a women, it's an entirely different thing to come into a thread discussing why women are so down on themselves and rate every picture that pops up. Look at the guy's post history in here. "Ew, ox neck." or "She's hot as fuck" "I think I may have puked a little in my mouth going down that page. " It's disgusting. I'm not even sure why this thread is still open since it's derailed into posting pictures of women and rating them.
    Then how should a male think?

"oh her brains must be smart!"
    "she looks like a nice person"
    "she must be funny"

its not like anyone can look at a picture and make those determinations, lets flip it for a second. If a female were to look at a group of pictures of men, would similar comments be made about their appearance?

"oh he is fiiiiiine"
    "check out those cheekbones"
    "that dude needs a haircut"
    "mhmmm that's what I'm talking about"
    "he is such a stud"
    "I would bare his children"

Men rate everything, females rate everything. The point value system, basis and architecture of that rating vary both gender to gender and from person to person but lets not pretend only half of the gender does it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Thin and curvy. Mainly curvy one. Again not all men find thin or "fit" attractive.
    With the term "fit" I in no way mean a skinny women. Mostly a woman that's got a bit flesh on her, not overdoing it and is athletic, not in any way skinny or her abs being visible, but that she is in form.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2012-04-12 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "curves"? Is it shape or bodily fat percentage? You know, it's possible to be fat and still have a flat ass if your gluteus muscles are undeveloped. I'd rather prefer a woman with trained muscles and low body fat, than someone who's curves are composed from lard. And it's hard to be "curvy" if your waist is the same as your hips.

Once again, thin != fit. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

20% would be perfect with abit bigger boobs. The 25% image is acceptable but I would ask my gf to go to the gym or do some sports if she looked like that, maybe 22-23% is ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Because most of the women portrayed in the media as beautiful are thin, ask a man which celebrity they find most attractive and most will reply with a thin person.
    I don't find thin women to be attractive because the media tells me to. I find thin women attractive because I'm attracted to it. Fat people are ugly. If the media told me to find fat women attractive, I'd still find it ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "curves"? Is it shape or bodily fat percentage? You know, it's possible to be fat and still have a flat ass if your gluteus muscles are undeveloped. I'd rather prefer a woman with trained muscles and low body fat, than someone who's curves are composed from lard. And it's hard to be "curvy" if your waist is the same as your hips.

Once again, thin != fit. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

Hm, now as a girl, I don't look like any of those pictures. I would guess I'm at the 25%, but my fat is distributed more evenly, whereas there it really 'focuses' around her hips and upper thighs, so she looks pretty much out of proportion, if I may say. If you take a bit of her fat around that area and just evenly distribute it, e.g. a bit more to the lower legs, she really doesn't look bad.

BMI, fat percentages etc. all just give an idea, but in the end, I know women (same height, same weight) who have such a huge arse but really skinny legs, or really fat legs but a skinny upper body.

As for myself, I've experienced a 'wide range' of weight. I'm 180cm (tall for a girl), and the thinnest I was was around 67kg, and the fattest I was was about 80kg (right after giving birth to my second (!) child, so cut me some slack). At both weights my upper thighs would touch each other when walking, that even when I was at 67kg, did alot of sports even specifically for those inner muscles at my thighs at a gym, I just wouldn't lose enough 'volume' there for it to go away. It annoys me incredibly and makes me feel so fat especially when I'm wearing only underwear or a bikini, and it feels like everyone is staring there when I'm walking. Also the flesh/skin constantly rubbing at each other hurts after a while, and I get little 'burns' from the friction. I asked Personal Trainers whether there was something I could do about it, but they said there wasn't, every woman has a different 'figure type', and mine just happens to be the way it is, that when I gain weight, I gain it around my inner upper thighs, and it's also the last place where I'd lose it. For me to make it go completely I'd need to go down to like 55kg and be close to death - no thanks.

Now, I'm 180cm and 74kg, which is a BMI of 22.8 (Normal weight = 18.5–24.9). I've never heard anyone complaining about my figure. The 20% picture looks more like a 18 -19 to me, which is close to 'underweight', and it's what most people 'like' and what you see in the media, whereas the 18% is definitely underweight.

Every man, boyfriend or fling that I've had loved my body, but I feel fat, not just because of media that show me the 18-20% girls all the time, but also because of the clothes I can and can't wear. Jeans are the biggest pain. They fit around my waist but are too tight around my legs, so I always have to buy a size bigger for them to fit there, but need a belt so they don't fall off my hips. I'm so glad that where I live treggings/leggings and other stretch-type trousers that adjust to your figure are in fashion at the moment, it makes my life alot easier because finding normal trousers that fit me is impossible. Another thing is with 2-piece-stuff like a bikini, if I buy a 80C (which fits) top, the the panty is too big, when I buy a 80B top, the panty with it is too tight.

So personally for me it isn't much about what's going on on TV or wherever, I don't give a crap about them, it's also easier to look good and thin when you have thousands or millions of dollars to spend on a personal cook, a private personal trainer that comes to your home into your home gym, and a 24/7 nanny who takes care of your children whenever you want. I simply don't have the time anymore to stay as fit as I used to. But what makes me feel fat personally is the fashion and that things I'd like to wear just look 'wrong' on me, because most things are made for women with a 'perfect body' and not for those who have a 'big arse but small tits' or 'thick thighs but small waist'. And don't talk about shoes... EU size of 42.5 makes it almost impossible to find good-looking shoes for women since most of them stop at 41. >< GRR

Deleted
    No, the criteria for male perfection is much stricter than female physical perfection. For women, all you have to do is get to a normal weight (i.e. BMI 19-21), do maybe an hour of exercise per week and you are set, since men have much more varied tastes in women than vice versa. This will take no more than 3 months for a normal, non-obese woman to achieve.

For a man, you need to look like the cover of a romance novel. Here's a hint: they all look the exact same. Ripped abs, masculine jawline, broad shoulders. It takes years to achieve that look. And it involves much more than an hour of light exercise a week.

However, since men care a lot more about her looks than her education, there is more pressure for you to look good. BUT ITS EASIER FOR YOU TO LOOK GOOD.

However, men must also be funny, charming, rich . . .
    Tell me how a woman can get huge perfect breasts without surgery then. Seeing as all men have to do is work out a little (not that i like a muscular man with low bodyfat but going along with you now). A woman has nothing she can do about her breasts if theyre too small, droopy, saggy, too huge, etc. Much like men can't do much about their genitals, if it's too small, tough, you'll get ridiculed.

Deleted
    Seems a lot of the guys in this thread attempt to condone 'curvy' women, then only end up saying they prefer the 18-20% pictured women.

This thread was supposed to be about why women (shouldn't) feel the need to emulate size 0 models, yet it's turned into a 'I'd tap that' thread when the guys see the pictures of the models.

There's media pressure to look like these women, mostly because they're trying to invoke a social norm, which includes buying all their beauty products and gym equipment.

Whoever came up with the idea is a genius though, as people seem so desperate for acceptance, that they follow any trend they believe will achieve it for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Tell me how a woman can get huge perfect breasts without surgery then. Seeing as all men have to do is work out a little (not that i like a muscular man with low bodyfat but going along with you now). A woman has nothing she can do about her breasts if theyre too small, droopy, saggy, too huge, etc. Much like men can't do much about their genitals, if it's too small, tough, you'll get ridiculed.
    A little??

Do you even know how many months it take to get abs and/or pecs? At least 6 months if you don't want to load up on steroids and supplements.

Well women can get their breasts augmented or reduce, sadly men can't do the same:P