Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just didn't like the line and decided to change it.

It was kind of cheesy.

OP you do seem to forget that they have tailored this game more for kids over the years
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Sky being blue is common knowledge.

Your assertion that "positive discrimination" is the only effective means of pushing societies towards equality is not common knowledge, is highly disputable, and is going to require an expert source who has themself analyzed the historical trends to come to a conclusion that is devoid of the influence of anecdotal experience.
    okay, I cba to go back and edit but I'll concede that what I meant was: I believe that it is the only effective means of pushing society towards equality, based on my own anecdotal knowledge of history.

Deleted
    @ Crabmousse By the way, what makes you think I, or the others, are white western males?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Because he's the effective 'faction leader' of Horde pandaren, a representative, rather than a one off questgiver.
    since when are the horde gallant knights of chivalry with proper manners and Thrall is the exception not the rule? Yeah thought so. It fits him perfectly. Doesn't even matter if he's a FL or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    HOWEVER, I can understand it being out of place for someone who's essentially a faction leader. Imagine rolling into SW keep or Battle for the Undercity and Varian going "Hey baby, what's shakin', you're looking good", etc.
    I have two words for you; Bill Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    So, who thinks there would be no complaints if Thrall was hitting on every guy that passed by?
    There would be a couple of complaints. Those would quickly be drowned out by tons of people flooding in to call the complainers homophobic bigots. And Thrall would continue to hit on every guy that passed by and Blizzard would never say or do anything about it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Because he's the effective 'faction leader' of Horde pandaren, a representative, rather than a one off questgiver.
    I've interacted with Garrosh all of once on my goblin shaman. That was when he executed a general for being a genocidal maniac. Should I have taken from that incident that Garrosh was a level-headed, even-tempered, wise leader? I could have, but boy would I have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    There would be a couple of complaints. Those would quickly be drowned out by tons of people flooding in to call the complainers homophobic bigots. And Thrall would continue to hit on every guy that passed by and Blizzard would never say or do anything about it ever again.
    I wish that was true, the amount of pressure parent groups put on video game manufacturers who allow LGBT relationships in games is enough to ensure Blizzard never try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Ahahaha. A shame.

His counterpart comes off as a little bland to me. Pity he couldn't keep his pseudo-lecherous demeanor.
    i think this is the major point about the change, the line sounds sleezy, and i could imagine many women being offended by it, so no, it doesnt seem that odd for them to change it, while i do like the character the original line had, it shouldnt be something everyone gets all up in arms over.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Maedra View Post
    @ Crabmousse By the way, what makes you think I, or the others, are white western males?
    I don't, and it's not relevant anyway because the majority attitudes are determined entirely by white western males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    sure it does. is it particular brand of racism that requires the most immediate action? not if you ask me.

Racism is racism. There is no better version. True equality comes from understanding and respect for individuals.

It's sad that white people can't defend themselves without being "privileged" or "racist"

To assume all white people are priviledged is gross generalization mixed with a complete lack of understanding concerning their specific situation. Maybe you could develop a privilege calculatr app that compares and contrasts them.
    Maybe a better solution would just have people respecting and empathizing with eac other as individual human beings.
    You're just as ignorant as the bigots you claim to despise if you assume everyone who is white is more privileged than you simply because of their skin color. That is racist if you ask me.

Read this if you missed my previous post friend,
    http://www.aswedeingermany.de/60Misc/50Privilege.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I don't know about that. It is kinda upsetting that a really unique character who stood out, was nerfed down in personality. It was an unnecessary change. One I really think should be reverted. To me, there was no reason for people to be offended at being called gorgeous.
    Really? This ONE LINE defined that character so much and made him "stay out"? Or would you actually have not even noticed what he said if there hadn't been such a huge discussion about it?

not accepting replies unless people have read everything I've written in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    OP you do seem to forget that they have tailored this game more for kids over the years
    you seem to forget that when most ppl started playing this game they were kids, just cause YOU grow up, doesnt mean the game has to
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Racism is racism. There is no better version. True equality comes from understanding and respect for individuals.

It's sad that white people can't defend themselves without being "privileged" or "racist"

To assume all white people are priviledged is gross generalization mixed with a complete lack of understanding concerning their specific situation. Maybe you could develop a privilege calculatr app that compares and contrasts them.
    Maybe a better solution would just have people respecting and empathizing with eac other as individual human beings.
    You're just as ignorant as the bigots you claim to despise if you assume everyone who is white is more privileged than you simply because of their skin color. That is racist if you ask me.
    While I don't think crabmousse actually deserves anymore attention, I can't help but agree. He basically discriminates against people with valid points who cannot change who they are, coming off as bigoted and hypocritical. (Obviously) My opinion as a rational human being, white male or not, is just as valid as GreatOaks, or even crabmousses.

And all racism is an equal problem. Infact, crabmousse ends up supporting racism by perpetuating the "superiority" of white males versus others. The best way to end racism nowadays is to ignore race, said someone who WASN'T a white male. What a world.

I don't, and it's not relevant anyway because the majority attitudes are determined entirely by white western males.
    This is a bigoted assumption. What is with your prejudice against white western males? Why do you insist on calling women a minority group when they comprise literally HALF the world's population?

How come all your arguments revolve around your personal assumptions about what entire groups of people do?

not accepting replies unless people have read everything I've written in this thread.
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.

15+ Year Old Account

And what makes you assume that people haven't read your replies

each and every one of your replies in each and every one of your topics is the same thing. Hyper radical sensitivity to non-issues, and claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a misogynist/racist/classist/hater/villain/chauvinist/ethnist/theist/etc.

Complimenting someone on their appearance is not sexist. Ji equally compliments men on their appearance, Gail Nozzywix in Durotar heavily lays the compliments on men while calling female PCs tramps and verbally abusing them. The Grom'gol Zeppelin Goblin is HEAVILY sexual, yet nobody calls out those characters.

Your arguements are the most hateful things possible, they all break down to people deserve special consideration and treatment because they are not part of the majority. You know what that is? By definiton, you are the misogynist by saying that complimenting males is OK but complimenting females is not you are actively working against equality.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    I take it you have a problem with Gail Nozzywix and Snurk Bucksquick as well then, where are your petitions to get their lines changed?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Radical feminism wins again!

Better stop holding doors open for women, I might get sued.