Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think the OP CharliePrince is right on.

I agree with everything he's said.

It boggles my mind how smart Blizz are.

I think they can be 1 step behind sometimes - probably because WoW is now a goliath and to make changes is a collosal task. Ret was not right from the Cata beta and never got right til MoP beta. Hard, very time consumming 5 mans were a throw back to BC, but with Wrath we'd moved on in our expectations. They re-worked the leveling experience, but people have moved on from leveling 6 alts from level 1, as a result there wasn't enough end game content - or things to do, that don't take hours at a time, once level capped.

But Blizz are super smart. They see that and release LFR - imo the biggest change ever. Making raise accessible to casuals I think is brilliant.

This Pet Battle System shows me that they have their best people on the job and they are thinking out of the box.

This opens up WoW to be accessible for kids. They'll want to pet battle. But that will take a toon to go get the pets and train them by visiting trainers around the world. It's brilliant - it gets a whole new demographic in and playing the game.

Eventually they will be capable raiders. From the perspective of someone who has transfered from a dying server - this is a huge win - Blizz have worked out how to get the next gen of the player base in, so that my game never dies.

Amazing

I believe that WoW will get over 12 million subscribers again. It is adding some great new features, and most of the community quit out of sheer boredom.

Deleted
    Saying WoW will boom in subs due to the pets battles is a dream!
    Let's think about this without any fanatism... Subs will increase with MoP release, that's like 99% sure. Those will come from "old players" and new comers. Most of the old players (and I mean the big majority) will get back to try out things and see if it was this time that Blizz kept the promises of delivering good content... believing that more then a hand full of those is coming back due to pet battles is extremely unlikely. So that would mean, that in order for u to be right, the majority of the new players would have to be joining a sub game, that they will have to pay each month plus the expansions, due to pets battles?! Really? C'mon, that's crazy and non sense.
    If u tell me a few hundreds will join or re-join cause pet battles seemed a nice add to the game, then I ill say it's possible... but never more then that!
    The whole panda/asia theme is what will bring most people to join and re-join not pet battles and even those, I still think 12/13M will be the max "roof" if things get really hyped!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars 2, just thought i'd leave that in here

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    I unsubbed as soon as Pandas were announced
    Stopped reading here.

I have never played Pokemon, is it worth $15 a month?

What year does the OP think this is? 1998!?

Dude, Pokemon's right now being introduced to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers at the retirement home. It's WAY past its prime...

Here's a brief list of current things that are more popular than Pokemon currently

Star Wars (the franchise - not just one of the games)
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    One Piece, the Anime
    Naruto, the Anime
    Twilight
    Family Guy
    My Little Pony
    Game of Thrones
    Harry Potter

Pokemon had its time in the sun. While people fondly remember it - just like Mario, Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy - it's no longer a system seller.

OP - I'm all for optimism. But you're displaying isn't optimism, it's insanity. :P

Deleted
    i personally think wow will get more subs with going tuffer then softer, though im sure mop will be a success

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    WoW already has more than 10 mill subs and that's not including all new people that will try MoP and people that come back to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Dude, Pokemon's right now being introduced to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers at the retirement home. It's WAY past its prime...

Here's a brief list of current things that are more popular than Pokemon currently

Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    One Piece, the Anime
    Naruto, the Anime
    Twilight
    Family Guy
    My Little Pony
    Game of Thrones
    Harry Potter

Pokemon had its time in the sun. While people fondly remember it - just like Mario, Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy - it's no longer a system seller.

OP - I'm all for optimism. But you're displaying isn't optimism, it's insanity. :P
    Agree with all of these. Plus I believe MoP is going to make WoW loss people honestly, just an opinion we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is in full blown money mongering mode at this point and their motto is now Quantity > Quality. They may get a ton of subscriptions pop up but it will not last and the game will be in a very bad spot when the dust settles.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    you know China will be playing.. every billion household will probably have a sub to be a Panda
    Am I the only one that thinks this is a little bit racist lmao?

Deleted

Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    One Piece, the Anime
    Naruto, the Anime
    Twilight
    Family Guy
    My Little Pony
    Game of Thrones
    Harry Potter

just like Mario, Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy
    Legend of Zelda

O.o ? ..........

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The more subs it earns the worse the game actually becomes.

In fact, there's almost nothing that becomes better at the same time than popular.
    So, by your definition, World of Warcraft is right now at the same level of "suck" as Burning Crusade?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no legit MMO version of Pokemon.

If MoP pulls through, it will be the next best thing. You can battle with pets, or with each other. Lost a pet battle? Gank him and steal his pikac--I mean defeat him in pvp! I can imagine people creating Gyms on RP servers and whatnot. Ok no more imagining ideas or I'm gonna throw up....

However, online doesn't always translate to "better".

Magic the Gathering Online didn't go well at all. I can only guess this was due to "snowflakes" because digital cards devalue real cards, and sales. Why play the game of chance with a booster pack or misplacing a card when you can have it forever digitally?

On a side note: There's so much passive-aggressive sarcasm/cynicism in this thread I almost barfed a rainbow.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that MoP has the potential to get back to 11-12 million, but no way it will get 20. Not even close.

And for fucks sake, stop equating pet battles with pokemon. They both have 2 creatures battling each other. That's it. We are not calling boxing, bull fighting or cockfighting pokemon either.

20 million? no way. depending on how well they do MoP it could be quite successful, it could just as likely be considered fail. i have no way of knowing. but you are talking about essentially doubling a peak following an unpopular expansion. aint gonna happen in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this is a little bit racist lmao?
    eh, black people have taken quite the beating (trolls and orcs) I think the asians would be a nice change. Spread the love!
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Not a chance in hell that they or anyone for that matter will break 20 mil.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted

Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    One Piece, the Anime
    Naruto, the Anime
    Twilight
    Family Guy
    My Little Pony
    Game of Thrones
    Harry Potter

No Bleach or Fairy Tail... /slap