Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclypse View Post
    Do u even realize what u talking about? The best selling ones overall were the first titles back in 1997, the one u linked just had the best release, overall the sales were still lower then other pokemon titles. Wanna know why they had 2 great weeks... huge promo, and it was the release of the 5 gen... yes the 4 gen was released in 2007. So yes, what u say doesn't prove Pokemon is more popular now a days then several of the games/animes the person u quoted.
    Sry to dissapoint u, but u are not even near as bright as u think u are.

There's an official statement by Nintendo, that Black & White sales in 2011, topped everything in the past history of Pokemon.

Pocket Monsters that do not fit in your pocket are not Pocket Monsters. The main reason why Pokemon worked was, that you could take it with you and play it at school or bring your Gameboy to the playground or a friends house and trade/fight pokemons there. Unless Gameboy runs WoW it will not have the same impact.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I think MoP will raise the subscription count. The theme is quite intressing and they're making very good looking erea's. They are revamping quite some things so it doesn't feel like "Oh , i did this before in the last expansions..". They are adding things to kill time with , instead of standing in SW/Org , waiting for dungeon/raid invite. They are (trying to) bring(ing) world pvp back , which seems to be important for alot of people ( Not for me , tho ). I don't think the €13 something per month is really going to bring it down , because they have been able to keep this up for 7 years without raising it , and at its top like 13m people doing that. Imo , €13 is not alot for someone who has a job , but ofcourse , i understand there are also people who can't due to money issues or debts , the majority of the world has a job , and the parents' kids could pay for the game too.

Deleted
    We will see a noticeable gain in the quarter where MoP gets relesed and then a steady decline. And there is no way WoW is ever recovering from Cataclysm (i.e. to or over 12mil).

Deleted
    i think the petbattles will be more like something that keeps ppl in the game rather then suck them into it if they didnt already play. but i too think mop will be great. contetn wise and subscriptionwise

there's easily 20 million mudkips fans in the world.

20M is too much, but MoP will hit above 12M again for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will jump but not that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Pocket Monsters that do not fit in your pocket are not Pocket Monsters. The main reason why Pokemon worked was, that you could take it with you and play it at school or bring your Gameboy to the playground or a friends house and trade/fight pokemons there. Unless Gameboy runs WoW it will not have the same impact.
    They said they will make a portable (read: phone)version of WoW that will probably only feature pet battles, guild chat, AH'ing (there's one all ready isn't it?) and all that extra stuff that makes logic to be portable.

My current phone is better than the PC I used to play WoW on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwaP...ayer_embedded#!

Welcome to the cloud technology ^^.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2012-04-13 at 11:07 AM.

What's bigger then pokemon? Star Wars is, for example. xD

That said the sub number will go up at the launch of MoP, however 20 million subs... if a Blizzard employee actually thinks the sub number will go that high he's beyond arrogant. There really is no way the sub number will double, we might go back up to million or a bit more even but that's it really. Even 13 million would be pretty incredible and only possible if MoP is really good.

Hmmm, no. I remember going to my friends house to play DBZ budokai (PS2 game) in the past for example. Oh and WoW isn't aimed towards 10 Y/O childeren, it's aimed towards pubecent teenagers and older. Not to mention you are playing an online game... If you wanna game together at an older age you hold a LAN party or w/e, not an afternoon of pet battles on your laptops in the couch while your mom brings cookies and lemonade. Or atleast I don't know anyone whose done that anymore ever since I was like 13 (21 now). xD
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2012-04-13 at 11:11 AM.

I really, really doubt it. Subs will never get as high as they were.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    For sure not 20Million, but 11-12M is really easy to reach with this exp.

Deleted
    Pandas maybe attract...

...but who the heck would start game just because it has something like pokemons (most people who don't play wow already propably won't even recognise them as pokemon-like).

Getting more or less subscribers depends from other things like fixing LFD/LFR looting and pve gear on pvp. Either of those things touch propably most of playerbase, and them getting fixed properly would cause more people starting to play.

I guess MoP still keeps over 10m subscribers.

GW2 2012. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    GW2 2012. Sorry.
    With nothing in it for PvE Nerds.

e: Just simple Events like Rift, no cool Stuff.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2012-04-13 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    WoW is shedding subs because it's simply too old. Gamers want to be entertained and that always means you want to be surprised by new stuff, learn mechanics and improve. WoW simply lost the magical feeling of "new and exciting" and nothing will bring it back for an extended period of time.

I don't think "Pokemon" will inspire alot of new players to pick up WoW. If you haven't played WoW by now you will likely never play it because you are not interested in what it offers. Furthermore the WoW community is old and somewhat unforgiving to new players. Having to level from 1-90 while everyone else is already max level and an "expert" is just frightening.

"Pokemon" and pandas will also not bring insane amounts of old players back. If you quit WoW it's likely for other reaons than missing those 2 features.

Honestly I think the age of huge MMOs is over. The future is multiplayer coop gaming with smaller groups (4-8 max). It's just easier to make the player feel "awesome" in those types of games. In a 40v40 bg or a 40man raid you just feel insignificant.

Having a community auction house and group finder system are probably the only thing that are here to stay.
    D3 and Borderlands 2 are a good examples, I think we will see more of that in the future.

TL;DR Yes alot of people will come back for the first few months of MoP (hey new content!) but more than 10m subs? No way.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2012-04-13 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Lawl, research it moar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    e: Just simple Events like Rift, no cool Stuff.
    It has challenge mode instances called exploration dungeons that only reward people who can play. No gear to trivialise them. Vendors sell you unique looking gear for tokens you only get if you clear the dungeon:

Dungeons in Guild Wars 2 reward players who enjoy organized parties and epic challenges. These players expect not only threats that challenge well-coordinated parties, they expect great rewards for their triumphs. The dungeons of Guild Wars 2 are rewarding to them
    You can learn more about it here

This is from a 4 hour run (I bet it will be 2 hours or less if you know what you are doing) showing such a exploration dungeon in action with commentary from TotalBiscuit
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-04-13 at 11:42 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It has challenge mode instances called exploration dungeons that only reward people who can play. No gear to trivialise them.
    I know, but Dungeons are not Raids, the World Events will fail like these in Rift.
    Just buyed the CE to play PvP, no Subscription needed, so thats not a problem.

I'd say its nothing for PvE Nerds(!), not that the whole Game has no PvE Content.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2012-04-13 at 11:40 AM.