Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've saw a lot of other classes complaining about what Symbiosis skill they get.. Are you kidding me...!? You get a free spell from druids repitoire in addition to your 87 skill and you are complaining..

Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    Nice try Paladin, nice try
    actually, considering it removes the worry of sustaining that idiotic inq it does end up being highest for the pally.

Yay frontpage article! I guess that makes the current spell list pretty official, but they listened and changed all the dps cooldowns so I am pretty happy with it as it is currently. The only problem I have with it now is that we will almost definitely be forced to put it on a spriest for an extra tranq, or a tank on certain fights. Which is perfectly fine with me, I would love AMS from my blood dk!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or do resto's seem to get the shaft atm? As it stands, I don't see one class/spec that stands out and makes me wanna say... I WANT THEM IN MY RAID!!!111

Deleted
    Looking at the front page there's something that's bugging me..

What I dont understand is if you are able to change targets on this inside combat as in rotating targets for different utility.. Example: put on Spriest for additional healing cooldown in p1, now put on tank 1 for extra tanking cd in p2, now put on rogue/hunter/spriest to soak something with cloak of shadows/detterence/dispersion in p3, now put on holy paladin for an additional combat ress (assuming rest have theirs on cooldown or if it's 25man progression where you often lack all 3 cds ready for next pull)..
    This seems quite overpowered if that's the case.. How does it currently work on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post

What I dont understand is if you are able to change targets on this inside combat as in rotating targets for different utility.. Example: put on Spriest for additional healing cooldown in p1, now put on tank 1 for extra tanking cd in p2, now put on rogue/hunter/spriest to soak something with cloak of shadows/detterence/dispersion in p3, now put on holy paladin for an additional combat ress (assuming rest have theirs on cooldown or if it's 25man progression where you often lack all 3 cds ready for next pull)..
    This seems quite overpowered if that's the case.. How does it currently work on beta?
    From the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Also according to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4?page=23#450: "Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat." So we're stuck with a certain symbiosis per fight, can't switch halfway.
    You are right, that would be overpowered :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    bone shield is 10% and only has 3 charges
    Only 3 charges? Then it will drop off even faster :/ So it's more or less just 10-15 sec (depending on boss swing timer and healer absorptions) dmg reduction on a 1min CD.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Got everything confirmed now. (and hi frontpage!)

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post

Cant be cast in combat, and 6 second cast time.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-14 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see why people say restro druids have it bad. As a restro druid i don't need another heal or a damage ability but something to migrate dmg. Ice Block and Icebound Fortitude maybe Deterrence if it lets me heal fit in perfectly. Leap of Faith and Spiritwalker's Grace might be a fun gimmick the rest is kinda meh.

So the Druid take's Spiritwalker's Grace from my Resto Shammy and I get his Prowl. K. K. Nice exchange. This spell is the biggest bullshit I saw in this game so far. It is certanly fun but is it really needed? N somehow I see it very broken in PvP. Dem Shammies - Druid comp running with 2 x Solar Beams n Wind Shear.
    Last edited by greatmefisto; 2012-04-14 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greatmefisto View Post
    So the Druid take's Spiritwalker's Grace from my Resto Shammy and I get his Prowl. K. K. Nice exchange. This spell is the biggest bullshit I saw in this game so far. It is certanly fun but is it really needed? N somehow I see it very broken in PvP. Dem Shammies - Druid comp running with 2 x Solar Beams n Wind Shear.
    And since you can't read i'm going to tell you you don't loose any spell you just gain one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I really don't like this talent. Sounds too complicated. I think they should scrap it and come up with something better. Some of these abilities look cool to have like the cds, some are lame like lightning shield or consecration. I'm sure its the same for other classes, might get barkskin or natures grasp. Seems too random and I don't like the idea of unique class spells being shared between classes.
    why its pretty much the same as dk's dark simalarcom or however u spell it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    And since you can't read i'm going to tell you you don't loose any spell you just gain one.
    he knows thats why he said 2x solar beam, however the ability's gained tru simbiosis are usaly weaken then thier originals

i realy like that ability tho, there are some fun utility i can get as a druid but i do understand for the target classes most of it is crap, like warlocks & mages whit a heal \o/, but as a druid i love it like feint as tank brings back the BC feeling where we had a passive -30% aoe dmg reduction (its far from passive or anywhere enar 30% but its still fun)

ppl are to fussed about that they want an awsome spell that gives thenm +3% extra dps or healing overall, but its not that its meant for utility
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    he knows thats why he said 2x solar beam, however the ability's gained tru simbiosis are usaly weaken then thier originals

i realy like that ability tho, there are some fun utility i can get as a druid but i do understand for the target classes most of it is crap, like warlocks & mages whit a heal \o/, but as a druid i love it like feint as tank brings back the BC feeling where we had a passive -30% aoe dmg reduction (its far from passive or anywhere enar 30% but its still fun)

ppl are to fussed about that they want an awsome spell that gives thenm +3% extra dps or healing overall, but its not that its meant for utility
    I see where are you coming from. I do not wish to have an awsome spell in exchange I just think that ability shouldn't make it live. The whole idea around this xpac is simplicity and this spell is all against it. I see many future balance problems (both in PvE n PvP) with this spell for Blizzard. It surely looks fun but my question still stands 'Is it really needed?' Aren't there more important things than allowing druids to trade spells with other classes? I am really meh about this one.

You sir should l2read before flaming anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by winter_923 View Post
    I don't see why people say restro druids have it bad. As a restro druid i don't need another heal or a damage ability but something to migrate dmg. Ice Block and Icebound Fortitude maybe Deterrence if it lets me heal fit in perfectly. Leap of Faith and Spiritwalker's Grace might be a fun gimmick the rest is kinda meh.
    Warlock teleport says hi? From a pvp perspective (which I believe you refer to?) that teleport will allways be the best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    Yay frontpage article! I guess that makes the current spell list pretty official, but they listened and changed all the dps cooldowns so I am pretty happy with it as it is currently. The only problem I have with it now is that we will almost definitely be forced to put it on a spriest for an extra tranq, or a tank on certain fights. Which is perfectly fine with me, I would love AMS from my blood dk!
    Ferals still have Feral Spirits

Angry

Why the fuck would any player except that symbiosis buff, expect to some combos like mage frost ward and healing touch.
    I mean, if you loose one very important skill of your own to get a crappy skill, what is the sense of that.Why would any elemental shaman give hgis ligthning shield away for fuckin solar beam ? With the cost of the loss of fulmination o.O. The hunter druid combo is total shit too. Deterrrence, play dead or ice trap for a fuckin dash? You joking Blizz? This is mostly crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    I've saw a lot of other classes complaining about what Symbiosis skill they get.. Are you kidding me...!? You get a free spell from druids repitoire in addition to your 87 skill and you are complaining..
    Exactly. I've read classes claiming they should get even value in return. I fail to see why since it *is* a Druid spell. I'm all for a proper return skill, but we should get the most benefit from this bargain, or else all other classes basically get an extra 85+ skill, granting them a superior Druid spell.

Either that, or I want a decent 85+ skill that adds something significant to my Druid.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-04-14 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noruk View Post
    Why the fuck would any player except that symbiosis buff, expect to some combos like mage frost ward and healing touch.
    I mean, if you loose one very important skill of your own to get a crappy skill, what is the sense of that.Why would any elemental shaman give hgis ligthning shield away for fuckin solar beam ? With the cost of the loss of fulmination o.O. The hunter druid combo is total shit too. Deterrrence, play dead or ice trap for a fuckin dash? You joking Blizz? This is mostly crap.
    Such rage. No one will lose anything when the spell is used.

it says exchange how you know we wont loose those spells?