Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    -snip-
    Those last two look to be fanart.. are they?
    I can't read what is says below the "Guild wars 2" below the name.
    Looks like a name and a date, possibly, which generally isn't on actual GW2 concept art.

I do like that scholar set, though.
    Not a big fan of masks in general, but optional is optional!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pffft, that's not how you leaping death blossom.

This is how you leaping death blossom:
    just realized now that asura have weird feet

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:14 PM ----------

I like how the armor in this game doesn't stick to your body like some kind of latex

Deleted
    All of them are concept art, found from here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cate...et_concept_art

Also, sylvari necromancer? Spikes

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys are killing me literally

i wanna play!! where you guys finding these armor sets n stuff from

GRR ARGH

Deleted
    So many badass designs!

Deleted
    We need more sylvari armor pictures. I'm starting to feel that I might create sylvari mesmer, just because: 1.they are new thing 2. some people hate them and I can use that as advantage on pvp 3: This

^_^

Look how similar the art and the in-game model is (btw, look at that dagger/sword she is holding):

Armor is part of sylvari (I can just imagine the RPish possibilities with seasons&dyes)

How sylvari armor is designed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Perry
    ... the image below shows a simple sun dress, complete with belt wrap and coordinating necklace. If you asked a random person to envision that as a plant outfit, they will probably change the chain of the necklace to a vine, and augment the dress to include more leaf shapes and texture. But this is merely surface texture and creates only a costume.

To fully describe the anatomy of clothing, you have to let it grow as it would in nature.

One more:

Armor art pictures are from Anet blog: http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari
    I made them smaller for forum use, but if you click picture you can see the original bigger picture.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-04-14 at 10:00 AM.

-snip-
    If you're made of leaves..
    why would you use leaves to cover yourself?
    Non-sylvari will be under the impression you're naked. Silly Sylvari.

I am also left feeling befuddled by the Sylvari.

I understand how using lead armour may look like it makes 'sense' but I can't help feel that the leaf look will get boring maybe even annoying if it can't be changed.

Can someone clarify for me if the Sylvari can wear proper armour (i.e. wear plate and it still looks like plate) and retain it proper looks like every other race?

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Can someone clarify for me if the Sylvari can wear proper armour (i.e. wear plate and it still looks like plate) and retain it proper looks like every other race?
    Yes.
    There is armor that is not racially exclusive in the game, as well as armor that is.
    The linked 'sylvari armor' pictures are armor sets specifically FOR sylvari that other races can't wear, similar to the Rytlock armor that Charr can get.

Deleted
    They can use "normal" armor cloth/plate/etc.. This is just racial armor.
    Edit: fast google:
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2 wiki
    Each race has several armor sets which are restricted to that race. Other armors are designed to be worn by all races.
    source
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-04-14 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yes.
    There is armor that is not racially exclusive in the game, as well as armor that is.
    The linked 'sylvari armor' pictures are armor sets specifically FOR sylvari that other races can't wear, similar to the Rytlock armor that Charr can get.
    Now that's sexy. Can't wait to see the human exclusive armor.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Ah ok thanks guys, I look forward to seeing what they look like in proper armour.

Also can't wait to see other racially exclusive armour for other races

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Now that's sexy. Can't wait to see the human exclusive armor.
    Might it be the Seraph armour posted at the top of this page?
    That would seem like an ovbious armour to make human exclusive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Might it be the Seraph armour posted at the top of this page?
    That would seem like an ovbious armour to make human exclusive.
    I needed to google Seraph... I asume you mean the mesmer armor art picture that I posted before? If so, no... It seems to be pvp/dungeon set. See this:
    Human:

Norn:

More: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sets-from-Beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

If human males actually look this sleek in game, this will be my set forever and I will force myself to use a sword as mesmer...
    If this is what the armour will look like in game i might just play a mesemer instead of a thief!

I needed to google Seraph... I asume you mean the mesmer armor art picture that I posted before? If so, no... It seems to be pvp/dungeon set.
    The Seraph is the largest of the three main military organizations in the human kingdom of Kryta. Wearing white armor trimmed with gold, their shields bear wings out of respect to the goddess Dwayna. The Seraph are the army, the police force, and the protectors of the populace.
    So no, he means the white and gold armor quoted at the top of this thread. :P

And it may be that, but it won't be JUST that.
    That said there will be 'several' race-based armor sets, it would be silly if humans only had one.

Deleted
    Yes.

Rytlocks armor :O! Mind blow

Deleted
    That said there will be 'several' race-based armor sets, it would be silly if humans only had one.
    Oh yes, definitely, especially since the Seraph armour is heavy armour and it would be very silly if only 2 of 8 classes could actually wear human specific armour.

Deleted
    So no, he means the white and gold armor quoted at the top of this thread. :P

Ah >_> this confused me: http://images.epilogue.net/users/liiga/seraph.jpg

But yes, I think humans will have all medieval things. Charr, asura & norn, I do not have any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    Rytlocks armor :O! Mind blow
    Found it, finally.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mXF0cYkltw
    From 2010, but point still stands.. Charr chillin in Rytlock's armor. (re-dyed, obviously, and with helmet on though Rytlock doesn't wear one.)

They DID say that mostly everything you see NPCs wear you can wear as well.