Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry for going off topic but will GW2 have a monthly fee?

Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    Sorry for going off topic but will GW2 have a monthly fee?
    Big sticky at the top of the page would have answered your question..
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!
    No, it will not.

Sylvari look like wood elfs covered in leaves (not bees!)
    It's a race of humanoid plants. People that growed like a tree. I would imagine them to look more like this:

Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That's amazing, if Sylvari would look like that I'd love them forever

Deleted
    na they want to keep them looking like humanish :P so thats outta the question however a human elite skill is to turn into something similar to the second.

Deleted
    Putting together a few nice looking ones out of the concept art that I havent seen here yet...

My will to play a thief is being sorely taxed.

Sylvari look like wood elfs covered in leaves
    It's a race of humanoid plants. People that growed like a tree. I would imagine them to look more like this:
    -1 life award for trolling.
    anything tree related ofc means it's treants. I bet you don't even know which of the valar created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    -1 life award for trolling.
    anything tree related ofc means it's treants. I bet you don't even know which of the valar created them.
    Who cares, it's fantasy and they do not look very plant like to me. They look like skinny humans that had fun with a pile of leaves and glue.
    Trees are just big plants, but they also could look like that:

or that

The story is:
    "For centuries, the Pale Tree grew, branches arching over the forest, until at last--twenty five years ago--it bloomed, and the Firstborn stepped into the world."
    So they are human+tree people.
    Do they look that way?
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-04-14 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, they are still plants.
    The sylvari appear human at first glance, but that comparison breaks down almost immediately. Their flesh is made of vines and leaves, their hair of foliage and petals, and their bones of stronger wood. Golden sap moves through their veins, and pollen shakes from their flesh.
    source
    Maybe they are humanoid looking to make it easier to contact with humans, charrs, asauras and norns.
    The Pale Tree holds the sylvari's collected knowledge and emotion. The few most important memories for a sylvari make it to the Pale Tree to be added to this pool of experience, typically those with the greatest emotional impact. This knowledge and experience is spun by the Pale Tree into what is known as the Dream of Dreams, a state shared by every sylvari prior to awakening from the tree and continues to weakly link them to the Pale Tree once awake. Through the dream, the Pale Tree instills each sylvari with an inherent sense of nobility, curiosity, and a need to explore. Each she reminds each to hold to the hero's path of honor, courage, chivalry and compassion even as they strive for victory over the Elder Dragons. In spite of this, a group of sylvari called the Nightmare Court seek to change the message the Pale Tree gives to her children. They commit acts of depravity and send memories of these acts to the Pale Tree, with the ultimate goal of turning their mother from her initial philosophy, formed by a human and a centaur, to one which is uniquely sylvari.
    source
    There are alerady things looking like the ones you linked, the Oakhearts:

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! The corset with the pink top under it and embroidery on the back. <3_<3
    so very much this.

all of this armor looks amazing. I've seen a lot of great fan art that would be awesome if it was turned into armor too though. Game developers should offer a way to pay for armor design to outsourced parties that have amazing artistic talent but have a job that's not in the gaming industry. I feel like we miss out on a lot of amazing things with MMOs because they don't allow for game mods like FPS and RPGs do.

Deleted
    snip
    Not to rain on your parade, but the sylvari had a revamp, they do not look like that last picture anymore.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/sylvari/

And the fact that they are humanoid. Well, the tree knew a human so it might just have created sylvari to look like them. Other choice was a centaur, but I can imagine that in terms of modelling for armor and all, something that resembles a human is just a bit easier on the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! The corset with the pink top under it and embroidery on the back. <3_<3
    Dös is fei a feshes Dirndl (bavarian german for: That's a pretty Dirndl dress)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but the sylvari had a revamp, they do not look like that last picture anymore.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/sylvari/

And the fact that they are humanoid. Well, the tree knew a human so it might just have created sylvari to look like them. Other choice was a centaur, but I can imagine that in terms of modelling for armor and all, something that resembles a human is just a bit easier on the resources.
    That picture was after they changed the sylvari the one in the picture on that page is caithe and she just a different skin colour unless you mean the oakheart then no thats something else :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    That picture was after they changed the sylvari the one in the picture on that page is caithe and she just a different skin colour unless you mean the oakheart then no thats something else :P
    No.

Picture of Caithe before revamp, as shown in that pic:

Caithe now:

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    getting armor ideas from Lip Service now? hehe love this armor btw.

lip service outfit.
    had to link the page (sorry)
    http://www.lip-service.com/handlers/...index=42&sort=

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    -snip-
    Yes but if you look at the other sylvari in that picture they look like the new caith, to be honest in that picture shes the only one who actually looks like a human in leaves.
    Last edited by mmoc07224484f2; 2012-04-14 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    Yes but if you look at the other sylvari in that picture they look like the new caith, to be honest in that picture shes the only one who actually looks like a human in leaves.
    Maybe it's because they haven't finished all the art assets of their Sylvari style change yet in their beta ???
    Hence why they aren't playable ??? ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    If you're made of leaves..
    why would you use leaves to cover yourself?
    Non-sylvari will be under the impression you're naked. Silly Sylvari.
    remember, sylvari are naive by nature

OT: some sylvari armor

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans use the skin of other mammals as clothing, why is it so strange sylvari use plantation different from themselves as clothing?