Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleom View Post
    Perhaps some clarification is in order on the Daily Blink comic?
    Does anyone have Ji Firepaw's Original text or can post it here? It's hard to judge if something is offensive to me if other people think they can make that decision on my behalf.
    A lot of the controversy mainly stemmed from this article on WoW Insider:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/wh...world-of-warc/

Does anyone have Ji Firepaw's Original text or can post it here? It's hard to judge if something is offensive to me if other people think they can make that decision on my behalf.
    The original test was: "You are some kind of gorgeous aren't you?"

changed to: "You seem poised and ready"

Things were blown out of proportion by incridibly overly PC people.

The funny thing (to me) is that he even said the same thing to male characters! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Nope, the only thing thats immature is those that find it funny seems as its aimed at that level.
    what is not funny about how overly sensitive people are? what's even funnier is how people get more upset over some stupid npcs "sexist" text but are completely okay with garroshs blatant racism.
    Last edited by Grumar; 2012-04-15 at 04:55 PM.

Not quite getting the Daily Blink really given that all we've seen from the Ji Firepaw affair is Blizzard's double standards when it comes to removing potentially offensive/sexist dialogue from characters such as Ji when it pertains to women, but keeping it in the game when it pertains to men, such as with Snurk Bucksquick; "Hey there cutie, you looking for a ride to Grom'gol? I hear it gets might steamy down in those jungles, maybe I could join you for a short vacation, show you a real jungle cat", whereas to female characters she complains about her brother.

An embarrassing affair for Blizzard, but I kinda get Daily Blink's point, were the complaints actually stemming from offence rather than "Hey Blizzard, how's those double standards treating you?"

Great looking instances/raids though, always quite surprising what this game's engine can muster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily Blink made me laugh. one or two people get offended at an NPC in a game and Blizzard caves in. Hey, I'm a Christian and think Warlocks are evil and I am deeply offended. How about we get rid of them too?

10+ Year Old Account

That's the original text of what Ji Firepaw says to female pandaren.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, for people not getting it, Ji Firepaw's original text: http://i.imgur.com/Uk1Tr.jpg

now that i have the back story, i really like the comic. sometimes people have absolutely no appreciation for artistic license. be offended if you want, no one is saying you don't have the right to be, but take it out on Jai, he's the one that's inexplicably attracted to girls.

Deleted
    Power to the Daily Blink for making the right call. Anyone ''offended'' by an animated NPC paying their avatar a compliment is no one worth knowing.

Really glad about the blackarrow revert, wasnt liking the new version of it.

The argument makes my brain hurt. How is this sexist on blizzard's part? The character, yes, but not the artist who created it. It is the same as getting mad at someone who makes a movie about WWII and then people start getting offended because Nazi's are in the movie. Depending on your individual beliefs you may like or dislike the characters in both scenarios, but that is their purpose. Ji added realism into the game, because in the real world, there are some people who may be a little more flirtatious than others and behavior changes depending on who the are talking to. Seriously I really hate people sometimes. People who complained about this are either over sensitive or love to start drama.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Not quite getting the Daily Blink really given that all we've seen from the Ji Firepaw affair is Blizzard's double standards when it comes to removing potentially offensive/sexist dialogue from characters such as Ji when it pertains to women, but keeping it in the game when it pertains to men, such as with Snurk Bucksquick; "Hey there cutie, you looking for a ride to Grom'gol? I hear it gets might steamy down in those jungles, maybe I could join you for a short vacation, show you a real jungle cat", whereas to female characters she complains about her brother.

An embarrassing affair for Blizzard, but I kinda get Daily Blink's point, were the complaints actually stemming from offence rather than "Hey Blizzard, how's those double standards treating you?"

Great looking instances/raids though, always quite surprising what this game's engine can muster.
    ^Exactly this, the funny thing is the Op of the original complaint refused to even acknowledge this until like 13 days after her original post and what she said was,
    " Where to start on the idea of why Ji is different in so many ways from the goblin NPC.
    Well, first of all - it's a lot easier for me to notice and feel uncomfortable by what a guy is saying than a woman, though I have been around women that have made me feel uncomfortable, societally it's just not the same. Women do not pose the same societal threat to me mentally or physically that men do most times. "

Basically she is scared of men and if afraid Ji was going to rape or stalk her.(or she just wanted to get famous and get more links to her blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    This post makes the Daily Blink even more hilarious and accurate than it already is XD
    You're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the Mogu'shan Palace video! It's pretty neat getting to view the differences between iterations as the beta progresses.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A lot of the controversy mainly stemmed from this article on WoW Insider:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/wh...world-of-warc/
    That article is blowing in the wind so hard, people making problems where there is none.

Ok, EPIC Daily Blink lol

I just think there are too many feminist out there, measuring every word and every look... If we really aim for equality we have to change our minds from machism-feminism to human beings.
    And by the way, men and women, we're actually different, we should asume that too. None better, none worst, just different.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

Basically she is scared of men and if afraid Ji was going to rape or stalk her.(or she just wanted to get famous and get more links to her blog)
    And Popeye will come and force feed her spinach!

Daily Brink always gets me to chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilderoy View Post
    The Daily Blink article really isn't funny and, in fact, is pretty sexist if you have any consideration of why it was changed...
    It was, but the responses on both sides have gone well past reasonable - as demonstrated by the comic.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    How is this sexist on blizzard's part?
    It isn't. Some people just like to claim feeling offended at insignificant things because then there is a chance they will be treated like special snowflakes.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."