Poll: What month do *you think* GW2 will be released?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Fingers crossed its out on that time when i leave college and have ot look for a job then ill have a metric ton off free time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    I have friends in high places...june.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I also have friends.
    Late June.
    I have no friends.

Also June.

I, too, have no friends but I think June is too soon. I'm going with mid-late July. That's an entire additional beta test or two to really solidify everything - perhaps even one continual beta that gives players enough time to level from 1-80 to catch any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I, too, have no friends but I think June is too soon. I'm going with mid-late July. That's an entire additional beta test or two to really solidify everything - perhaps even one continual beta that gives players enough time to level from 1-80 to catch any problems.
    Not happening.
    :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the entire game seeks to buy your time through doing content for fun, not gear, showing all their content in beta for testing would be a bad thing for the game's longevity.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhaxor View Post
    And yes I know gamestop is full of crap, lol.
    Which has been pointed out pretty much EVERY TIME someone has used 'gamestop!' as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Not happening.
    :P
    I don't know, man. So far, there really hasn't been any testing of the "higher level" zones and such that's been made public knowledge. I wouldn't be shocked if we got a 1 week test or 2 weekends without a server wipe so that the "power levelers" could really go to work.

I don't know, man. So far, there really hasn't been any testing of the "higher level" zones and such that's been made public knowledge. I wouldn't be shocked if we got a 1 week test or 2 weekends without a server wipe so that the "power levelers" could really go to work.
    The current BWEs won't have server wipes, your character will carry across from one BWE to the next.
    There is a level cap, instead of character wipes.
    It's not that they're not TESTING the higher level zones, it's that they're not PUBLICLY testing the higher level zones. They don't NEED us to test the actual zones/DEs and whatnot, that can be done within Anet. They need us to stress test, and we do not need access to the full game in order to do that.
    They also haven't had the public/press test the Asura/Sylvari starter areas. Not because they're completely unfinished, necessarily, but because they said they want to avoid major spoilers. If they wanted to avoid spoilers.. why, exactly, would they give us full access to the game weeks before release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessed July.

Argh...the suspense is killing me! Can't they just give a release date already? >

The current BWEs won't have server wipes, your character will carry across from one BWE to the next.
    There is a level cap, instead of character wipes.
    It's not that they're not TESTING the higher level zones, it's that they're not PUBLICLY testing the higher level zones. They don't NEED us to test the actual zones/DEs and whatnot, that can be done within Anet. They need us to stress test, and we do not need access to the full game in order to do that.
    They also haven't had the public/press test the Asura/Sylvari starter areas. Not because they're completely unfinished, necessarily, but because they said they want to avoid major spoilers. If they wanted to avoid spoilers.. why, exactly, would they give us full access to the game weeks before release?
    Oh, I did not know they aren't wiping every beta - that's some damn fine information.

However, there's only so much you can test in-house with x number of employees. Yes, the stress on the servers is one thing they're looking at but it also affects many other facets of the game. How well are the DEs adjusting? Is there a glitch with a specific number of people? What if some random person thinks of a way to manipulate it that the devs didn't (rare but possible)? All of these things go into it and allowing the players to get to the higher zones can find them. Of course, now knowing they're imposing preemptive caps and not wiping takes that concern away.

-snip-
    I didn't say it doesn't HELP having the community test things, mind you, I said it's not necessary. :P
    They will have us test what they need us to test, and use information gained from that to adjust the rest of the game, they don't need us testing every little bit.
    Plus, unleashing the masses on a lot of the content and sifting through the feedback would be.. uugh.
    Could you imagine the responses to some of the puzzles?
    "Yeah, this puzzle is unbeatable/glitched/too hard/too easy"x100,000.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted September, but I'm hoping sooner. Also, with people already putting down they're money on a pre-purchase, arena net wouldn't keep people waiting too much longer or some people might cancel they're pre-purchase.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I voted September, but I'm hoping sooner. Also, with people already putting down they're money on a pre-purchase, arena net wouldn't keep people waiting too much longer or some people might cancel they're pre-purchase.
    No way to cancel a pre-purchase? Or is there? The money should already been transfered...
    But a pre-order is available to be canceled though! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing July but I care more about it being as bug free, and feature complete, as possible than what month it ends up on the shelves.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I didn't say it doesn't HELP having the community test things, mind you, I said it's not necessary. :P
    They will have us test what they need us to test, and use information gained from that to adjust the rest of the game, they don't need us testing every little bit.
    Plus, unleashing the masses on a lot of the content and sifting through the feedback would be.. uugh.
    Could you imagine the responses to some of the puzzles?
    "Yeah, this puzzle is unbeatable/glitched/too hard/too easy"x100,000.
    That's what interns are for :P

July imo. It's pretty far along in BETA, in fact outside of a few obvious bugs and minor tuning it's pretty much good for release right now from what I've seen. But there's still a bit of work like I said in those 2 regards so I don't think it will be out next month. June is possible as well but I can't pick 2 options so I went with the safer bet.

That's what interns are for :P
    .. wait, I'm confused.
    You made a point, I disagreed with your point, you agreed with my point, I agreed that your point was partially right, you disagreed with me agreeing with your original point I'M LOST.

possibly bit after D3, so i have no urge to play it 24/7 any more, but before MoP so i dont need to play WoW before im somewhat satisfied with GW2.
    if it comes with MoP, many ppl will stay in WoW just because they must reach raids fast...

i hope for june, it should do best numbers then.