Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Edit: The soundtrack for this post: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen

For oversensitive people freaking out, what you do is keep the old AND the new line and organize them like this:

To Female: "You seem poised and ready".

To Male: "You are some kind of gorgeous aren't you?"

It's funny, because if it was written in that order, I don't think anyone would be bothered.

Help me out here on Ji Firepaw. Everyone still gaga about all things WoW were totally excited about these Panderen. Blizzard said part of their lore was they were chill dudes that liked to drink beer... lots of beer. When they aren't busy drinking beer they are busy balancing themselves on poles trying to maintain their balance. All this lore was totally developed for a very long time (as I understood it from the s**tstorm that developed after their announcement at Blizzcon).

Someone call the cops, he's probably drunk and making passes at the females. How awful. Poor Ji, he will now be known as sexual harassment panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Poor Ji, he will now be known as sexual harassment panda.
    Hahahaha. Also, considering the context of the original, I'd say "You seem poised and ready" comes across as even worse.

Seriouspost: As a female myself, one who has been subject to both regular 'catcalling' and genuine sexist comments, I can't fathom why this particular quote would be offensive. A little gross maybe but seriously, anyone who wants to actually have their gender insulted needs to go play a little AoC. The NPCs utilize all of that fancy voice acting work to tell your female adventurer to get back in the kitchen every 5 minutes.

In the context of WoW though...while not offensive per se, every quote that hints at furry love being taken out of this game is fine by me.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst daily blink ever! "not wanting to offend pople" is not a simple concept, one may not want to offend someone but he's censoring his own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    It's funny, because if it was written in that order, I don't think anyone would be bothered.
    They'd probably praise Blizz for putting in a gay character and supporting gay rights to also be sexually harassed by pervs.

The sad thing is if they put in a lbgt character in the game then they will probably be the blunt of the jokes. which is sad.

Well Zarhym posted and locked the feedback threads. Here is what he had to say:

Thanks. Your feedback has been received. I don't think we need another 100+ pages of discussion about one line of quest text or this will end up being a very long beta.

Whether or not you've contributed to this topic, it's time to move on.
    So now it is just a waiting game to see what the end result of the feedback given produced. But given about 88.8% of the people who posted on the first thread (I counted each unique name and put it into a calculator) were in favor of either reverting the change, or going with a compromise, I don't think Blizzard will ignore those numbers. So here's hoping guys!

I am shocked at how sensitive some people can be of some dumb quest text

It reminds me of how in a certain city in Japan they are so paranoid about pedobears that the police would give chace to some random lost person asking a young girl for directions

I don't get the daily blink

Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    You're wrong.
    Actually, it's quite accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I really like the architecture of Mogu'Shan Palace...maybe once they get 100% done with it, add mobs, doodads, etc, it'll come together, but right now the whole thing just seems very blocky. The textures are brilliant, but the actual geometry is very blah.

I had to look up what the whole daily blink thing was about and I noticed that the blogs I read were mostly males who play female toons that were offended. I like reading about WoW and it's changes but it's stuff like this that makes me glad I don't play anymore...most players are dumb as hell and will look for anything to complain about.

Deleted
    Ah, yes. It was the PC crowd kicking up a fuss again.