Gathering Crew Skills

If I wanted to make a character that was purely a gatherer (three gathering skills) for the purpose of selling materials to make money, which three would you recommend I go with out of Slicing, Archaeology, Bioanalysis and Scavenging? I'm assuming Slicing would be the first, since the middle man (the GTN) would be gone, but not sure what the potential market is like for the others. Assume I play on a high-pop server (because I do) so the economy is good.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scavenging and Bio, probably.

Scavenging is a support skill for your 3 main crafting skills: Armstech, Armormech, and Cybertech. So in theory you're gathering for a wide audience.

Then Bioanalysis because it's arguably the best end game crafting skill, so raiders and top-end PvPers will want mats for it. Again, in theory. Server economies vary.

Edit: Forget that last part (removed). Not sure what I was thinking there.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-04-17 at 07:09 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Go slicing right now. With 1.2, it is insane. The Tech items you can sell to make augments have gone up by 200% in price on my server.

Go any sort of crafting skill like Armormech or Synthweaving and craft the augments. I know Armormech augments on my server are going for 400-600k a pop. With the orange moddable gear, high end raiders are needing tons of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Go slicing right now. With 1.2, it is insane. The Tech items you can sell to make augments have gone up by 200% in price on my server.
    Already stated in the OP that I am assuming slicing is one of the three, and need advice for the other two.

Go any sort of crafting skill like Armormech or Synthweaving and craft the augments. I know Armormech augments on my server are going for 400-600k a pop. With the orange moddable gear, high end raiders are needing tons of them.
    I'm not looking at picking up any crafting skills, only Gathering x3
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Already stated in the OP that I am assuming slicing is one of the three, and need advice for the other two.

I'm not looking at picking up any crafting skills, only Gathering x3
    Well you were looking to make money so I basically just summarized how you could get extremely rich.

Slicing took a stealth nerf, and the selling on the GTN for tech parts or missions is kinda iffy, depending on your server. Underworld Trading or Investigation are good ones. Scavenging or Bioanalysis are really good, do missions sell it on the GTN, or just grind.

Is underworld trading / investigation good money maker? as they cost pretty much to send away.

Im thinking on what grab as third crew skill got slicing and scavenging atm (lvl49)(dont want a crafting), and atm its between bioanalysis, archaeology or underworld trading. What is most profitable @ lvl50?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure taking a third gathering skill would be that useful. Unless you plan on running around Black Hole or Ilum all day gathering, you'd be better off taking at least one of the mission skills and going for high-end mat crits. Purples go for a lot of money, at least on my server.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    I'm not sure taking a third gathering skill would be that useful. Unless you plan on running around Black Hole or Ilum all day gathering, you'd be better off taking at least one of the mission skills and going for high-end mat crits. Purples go for a lot of money, at least on my server.
    That was what I though too, prob going to do it imo
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD