10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The reason the Z warriors can all sense and raise/lower energy is because they're all students of Master Roshi or Master Shen in the case of Tien and Chiaotzu. Those techniques were originally invented by their master, Mutaito. Mutaito's style wasn't just about brute force, and using energy like a cudgel. He invented many ki based techniques that had uses other than just killing, such as the Evil Containment Wave.
    Just a minor correction, but it seems that sensing Ki wasn't passed down from Mutaito. Goku was first able to sense King Piccolo after drinking the Divine Water in Korin's tower, and was taught to sense other's while training on Kami's lookout. The other humans weren't shown as able to sense Ki until after their training on the lookout.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ki_Sense

Frieza and Goku in an intense stare down as the planet explodes around them.

King Kai rings in. "Goku! How man Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
    Goku: "Ha, How many?"
    King Kai: "Theres no telling. But it only takes one to beat Frieza!"
    Goku:
    Frieza: "What's he smiling about?!!"

I love King Kai lol.

O, and thanks for answering my question.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-18 at 08:31 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Ill be taking up 2 things in this post:
    1) Why energy blasts dont finish off the earth (or another planet) on impact!
    So, the reason for this is pretty much how it is made up, the size of the attack don't really matter, but its the function of the impact.
    The energy blasts are all made to have a small focused blast that deals damage, what would be the point of a huge explosion where 1% would hit the opponent, maybe tickling him, while completely destroying your surroundings?
    They simply need to not waste energy, so they make it so the explosion itself aint really big, tough extremely strong. This means that it will simply make a huge hole in the ground due to the power unleashed on impact, but since the explosion itself isnt big it will not make an extremely big hole. They would all be able to destroy the earth, but what would they benefit from that, the ones who did benefit actually attempted to (cell) or did it (buu and frieza).

Now, second I will take up is Frieza's race, simply go trough what we know and what we think we know.
    First of all, assumed name is Frost Demons.
    Their Powers:
    1) No need for breath
    2) Can live even with their body as good as destroyed
    3) Wont die of "blood" loss
    4) Posesses multiple transformations
    - Higher forms can be attained trough training, and a high power level is not required to achieve next form (cooler was beaten by frieza untill he reached his next form).
    5) All seem to have had a high power level
    6) They have been driving the Planet Trade Organization probably for houndred, if not thousands of years.
    7) Only males have been seen.

What this can mean:
    Likely, they are a demon race (which is spectaculated about before due to the name Frost Demons). They could be a race which busted out of the demon world many thousand years ago, and quickly found themselves to be the strongest in the universe at that time, so with no real challenge they started getting their own planets and live as wealthy as possible. It may also just be that they personally love the feeling of dominance (which they get by taking over planets).

The thing about Frieza talking in native language, do we have any proof of that not simply being demon language? His native language might also be demon language, and its also only just in a translate.

Also, when u think off it, Frieza is the only one which is there naturally and got such kind of powers (breathing in space, able to survive horrific events, huge changes to his looks if you don't count GT).

Cell changed his look, but he were simply a biological experiment, and made by Dr. Gero, Buu was made from Magic. It wouldnt be really weird to me if Frieza is a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Their Powers:
    1) No need for breath
    2) Can live even with their body as good as destroyed
    3) Wont die of "blood" loss
    4) Posesses multiple transformations
    - Higher forms can be attained trough training, and a high power level is not required to achieve next form (cooler was beaten by frieza untill he reached his next form).
    5) All seem to have had a high power level
    6) They have been driving the Planet Trade Organization probably for houndred, if not thousands of years.
    7) Only males have been seen.
    Episode of Bardock would like to have a world with you. Bardock have beat the crap out of Chilla, Frieza's ancestor, and while he had all his limbs still attached to his body and no holes in it, he died.

Frieza's limbs were cut off with his own technique, and if not for robotic implants and regeneration chamber, he would have died (he lacked half of his head after all).

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Episode of Bardock would like to have a world with you. Bardock have beat the crap out of Chilla, Frieza's ancestor, and while he had all his limbs still attached to his body and no holes in it, he died.

Frieza's limbs were cut off with his own technique, and if not for robotic implants and regeneration chamber, he would have died (he lacked half of his head after all).
    Chilled was in his first form, Frieza was in his final form

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Frieza and Goku in an intense stare down as the planet explodes around them.

King Kai rings in. "Goku! How man Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
    Goku: "Ha, How many?"
    King Kai: "Theres no telling. But it only takes one to beat Frieza!"
    Goku:
    Frieza: "What's he smiling about?!!"

I love King Kai lol.
    is that actually in the show? iv'e never seen it lol,do you know what episode?

Okay, so, I came up with a Dragonball Z related joke that I'd like to share with you all, some knowledge of Starcraft 2 may be required, I'd like to have made an image out of this but I lack the know how and would be unsure if I could even post an image with my current forum permissions.

Vegeta is fighting against Cell and Buu respectively and stops for a moment and smiles.

Vegeta: Sometimes people ask me what in Starcraft 2 I'm most like and usually I answer Gold Terran.

Buu and Cell pause, looking unsure exactly what Vegeta means, they both ask "Why's that?"

Vegeta: Because I always go all in.

Vegeta then Final Flashes Cell and explodes on Buu.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-04-18 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    is that actually in the show? iv'e never seen it lol,do you know what episode?
    Yes it is lol. I came across it last night when I was watching the Frieza saga. It's in the episode "The Last Wish" just after the scene where Vegeta gets out of his grave and realizes he is actually alive and he is watching Frieza and Goku fight from a distance.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-18 at 09:36 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is lol. I came across it last night when I was watching the Frieza saga. It's in the episode "The Last Wish" just after the scene where Vegeta gets out of his grave and realizes he is actually alive and he is watching Frieza and Goku fight from a distance.
    thanks,ill try looking on youtube for it

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A Kinect is nowhere near enough for a DBZ game. They need something to tell how loud and long you're screaming for when you're powering up.
    Haha true, but the Kiniect CAN hear you.. Probably doesn't have any sound measuring systems tho : /

And I don't know what Gold Terran is even though I have played SC2
    Last edited by Lymph; 2012-04-18 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Haha true, but the Kiniect CAN hear you.. Probably doesn't have any sound measuring systems tho : /

And I don't know what Gold Terran is even though I have played SC2
    It's where you lift off your CC and grab gold minerals at the start of the game. It's usually used as an all in one base play, specifically, a marine rush.

Bah, can't let this thread fall to the second page! Quick...most emotional scene! For me it's a tie (lol what isn't) between Krillin's death in Dragonball and Piccolo saying goodbye to Gohan in GT. Freaking tear jerkers, man. Gohan's voice actor is pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Bah, can't let this thread fall to the second page! Quick...most emotional scene! For me it's a tie (lol what isn't) between Krillin's death in Dragonball and Piccolo saying goodbye to Gohan in GT. Freaking tear jerkers, man. Gohan's voice actor is pretty awesome too.
    I really feel sad when buu regenerates from Vegeta's attack. Its not made so sad, but I was like "FINNALY, FINNALY VEGETA IS THE HERO" and then he wasnt! ):

10+ Year Old Account

This one is probably mine. It looked like the only hope for the Earth was going to be two small children who were unlikely to win, and then a brand new Gohan appears seemingly from the grave to fight. He finally gained the confidence that he had lacked in the entirety of his life, and to see him finally become all that he could be was great. Plus that music man, damn.

"So hotshot, you want to fight Majin Buu?"
    "Fight you? No, I wanna kill you."

-and that is when everyone pauses the video and changes their underwear.
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2012-04-19 at 04:27 PM.

That scouter really seems to work on Lady Gaga.

Oh and the video was cool too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    SNIP

This one is probably mine. It looked like the only hope for the Earth was going to be two small children who were unlikely to win, and then a brand new Gohan appears seemingly from the grave to fight. He finally gained the confidence that he had lacked in the entirety of his life, and to see him finally become all that he could be was great. Plus that music man, damn.

I love the fight to, not just that part, one of my favorites. I love the look on Piccolo's face the whole time, just in total awe. As you said, the music is amazing as well. When Gohan shoves Buu's point blank breathe blast back down his throat has got to be one of the most badass fight moments in DBZ.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-19 at 06:06 PM.

I love the fight to, not just that part, one of my favorites. I love the look on Piccolo's face the whole time, just in total awe. As you said, the music is amazing as well.
    the whole buu chapter of dbz made me laugh.. they made Gohan the hero in teh Cell Saga but now in the Buu chapter hes turned into a wimp and when he finally goes through all the training again he gets devoured by buu. what a waste lol..
    i mean its nice to try and give him a 2nd chance but damm.. that was really stupid.
    heres what should have happened: gohan fails , vegeta and goku show up and fuse.. SSJ Gogeta destroys buu with his insane power. the end.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the whole buu chapter of dbz made me laugh.. they made Gohan the hero in teh Cell Saga but now in the Buu chapter hes turned into a wimp and when he finally goes through all the training again he gets devoured by buu. what a waste lol..
    i mean its nice to try and give him a 2nd chance but damm.. that was really stupid.
    heres what should have happened: gohan fails , vegeta and goku show up and fuse.. SSJ Gogeta destroys buu with his insane power. the end.
    Yah, the overall plot does have its holes. I remember Laurcus pointing out earlier in the thread, that instead of wishing to Give Goku his power back and whatnot, why not just have wished Gohan to the planet Goku and Vegeta were fighting Buu on. Buu would have been completely annihilated easily with Gohan there and Vegeta and Goku backing him up making sure he didn't get absorbed again. Which I doubt he would anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post

i love that scene,gives me tingles every time

edit: what i don't get is when someone fires off a blast,and then they seem surprised that there still alive,they can sense energy right? so why don't they know right away(before smoke clears etc) if they've hurt/killed that being? is it that the blast hides there energy? or is it just to build hype? rofl
    Last edited by Ibeblinkin; 2012-04-19 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    i love that scene,gives me tingles every time

edit: what i don't get is when someone fires off a blast,and then they seem surprised that there still alive,they can sense energy right? so why don't they know right away(before smoke clears etc) if they've hurt/killed that being? is it that the blast hides there energy? or is it just to build hype? rofl
    Well, some of them can't sense energy such as vegeta when they first fought him and frieza. However, I know almost all of the characters do it at some point.. I think it is because they have to focus to feel the energy and they are focused on blasting them. Or sometimes the character just assumes that there is no way they could have survived that and don't check.

And thanks laurcus for the explanation.

I'm not really sure what the most emotional scene is for me.. maybe (kinda stereotypical one I suppose) when Goku dies to Cell and is not coming back and you are just like poor chi chi / Gohan.