shadow - 50int or 35int 25mastery

i have 2 rings with orange slots and i currently have 25int 25mastery gems in each slot

basically im asking which is better

50int or 35int 25mastery?

15int or 25mastery

15 int

Although I get pretty OCD about my gems and gem slots matching

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    i have 2 rings with orange slots and i currently have 25int 25mastery gems in each slot

basically im asking which is better

50int or 35int 25mastery?

15int or 25mastery
    There's no such thing as an Orange slot. Only Red, Yellow and Blue.

Taken from EJ:

When to ignore the socket bonus:
    Generally speaking, if a socket bonus is less than 20 Intellect (or 30 of any rating stat), then the consensus is that a Brilliant Inferno Ruby is far more beneficial than attempting to match a socket. However, it is highly recommended that you use SimulationCraft to determine your individual scale factors.

It says to actually be using Reckless instead of Artful (Reckless = Int+Haste). So I'm assuming your sockets are +10 Intellect which would mean, no. Use a full red Brilliant gem.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    if you got more than 6K intellect, you should match yellow sockets with an int/haste gem, as mentioned in the FAQ, unless you already have 3202 haste. it depends on your stat weights whether 25 mastery is better than 25 int.

What's the bonus for having the slots filled correctly? If it's not Int at 30+, I'd just got for the Int bonus. Int is your spellpower, AND mana, so it's a DPS gain, period.

However, my priest is Disc/Holy, so I can't really say much. I remember when I was Shadow that Int>everything else, but I could be wrong.

35Int 25Mastery means that the Ring has a 10 Int bonus. In that case, no, 50 Int is better, so just use a Brilliant Queen's Garnet. You only want to take bonuses that are 20 Int if using epic gems, and 10 Int if using blue gems.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    if you got more than 6K intellect, you should match yellow sockets with an int/haste gem, as mentioned in the FAQ, unless you already have 3202 haste. it depends on your stat weights whether 25 mastery is better than 25 int.
    This was only true when we had gems on the 40/20´20 ratio. Now when we are ahead with 50/25´25 socketbonuses of 10int is never worth getting if it's not a red one.