Deleted
    I Love L.A. – For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!

I cannot wait for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    I Love L.A. – For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!

I cannot wait for this.
    I can't personally either! Damn the city seems amazing, on par with Rata Sum ...

So this was a weird thing I saw,

I was scrolling through my Pre-Purchase receipt, sitting right next to me.

"Your Code to Access the Guild Wars 2 Beta along with 3 Day Early Access and the Heros Band is (blah blah blah)
    Please visit register.guildwars2.com for instructions to redeem your code.
    Code expires 6/26"<-------------ORLY.

Wouldn't the theoretical expiration date of the prepurchase be the day the game was released?
    Plus, http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSC00110.jpg
    That link supplies a "joking" release date, 6/26 is two days before hand, or one day after the early access would theoretically start.

Hmmm....

Anyway, this was me just being a conspiracy theorist. Because I'm like that.
    ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with that is that ANet doesn't actually know when they'll release the game. They still abide by Blizzard's old ruling of not releasing a game until it's ready.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    So this was a weird thing I saw,

I was scrolling through my Pre-Purchase receipt, sitting right next to me.

"Your Code to Access the Guild Wars 2 Beta along with 3 Day Early Access and the Heros Band is (blah blah blah)
    Please visit register.guildwars2.com for instructions to redeem your code.
    Code expires 6/26"<-------------ORLY.

Wouldn't the theoretical expiration date of the prepurchase be the day the game was released?
    Plus, http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSC00110.jpg
    That link supplies a "joking" release date, 6/26 is two days before hand, or one day after the early access would theoretically start.

Hmmm....

Anyway, this was me just being a conspiracy theorist. Because I'm like that.
    ^.^
    You got that from Gamestop right? That's the day they have marked as the release date but it's not accurate. If they don't know the real day they just make one up because their system won't take a preorder without a release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Problem with that is that ANet doesn't actually know when they'll release the game. They still abide by Blizzard's old ruling of not releasing a game until it's ready.
    I bet you anything that they have an internal date to meet; either put their by ArenaNet to manage work pace, or forced upon them by NCsoft.

It's better to keep the player base in the dark about it; keeps us from raging if the date changes to a later time.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Some people are under the impression Guild Wars 2 has been "constantly delayed" already. Look this is the elephant in the room, gamers are goddamn stupid- probably the dumbest media audience. The less fuel given to idiocy, the better off a company is in directing the presentation of their product.

Arenanet has always had that yeah, and it's not a blizzard thing really, many has done it in the past *cough duke nukem cough*

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post

I cannot wait for this.
    Sounds damn awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I bet you anything that they have an internal date to meet
    Speaking from somebody who has more than just a consumer's view of this issue, I would gladly take that bet, and add both my pre-purchase key and my soul to the pool.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking from somebody who has more than just a consumer's view of this issue, I would gladly take that bet, and add both my pre-purchase key and my soul to the pool.
    Not much of a bet if we can never prove either side. :P
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Not much of a bet if we can never prove either side. :P
    There are ways Malthurius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    There are ways Malthurius.
    Yeah, sure, uh-huh, yep, right, yes, positive, sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://account.guildwars2.com/download

Excitement! We're getting so close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    https://account.guildwars2.com/download

Excitement! We're getting so close.
    Hm... why when I click download client it asks me to prepurchase? Is it just doing that for everyone? (aka, WiP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... why when I click download client it asks me to prepurchase? Is it just doing that for everyone? (aka, WiP)
    It does that for me too, but that page wasn't there a few days ago!

Deleted
    God, I almost got a heart attack when I saw that myself.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    might as well have the link up...Beta is a week a way. They should have things sliding into place til then.

lol I didn't know that the "Fiery Dragon Sword" (the same model as Magdaer and Sohothin) is a blue drop in GW1. I thought this had to be very rare... oO
    got it in the last of the asura quests from EotN from a destroyer. Quite bad stats, but it looks fine

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    lol I didn't know that the "Fiery Dragon Sword" (the same model as Magdaer and Sohothin) is a blue drop in GW1. I thought this had to be very rare... oO
    got it in the last of the asura quests from EotN from a destroyer. Quite bad stats, but it looks fine
    Yh...apparently it sells ok if u get a perfect damage one.
    I have 2 in storage I've got no idea what to do with though....but they're shiny.

Deleted
    With the upcoming beta weekend in mind, are the characters I create in that beta deleted afterwards (at the end of that beta weekend)?
    And what about names you use in the beta?