Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Player questioning seems to just be getting more and more aggressive over time. I half expected to find a question in there saying "When are you going to admit you suck? Oh and I hate your family too." I'm surprised the blues don't just go "you know what? Screw you. The money isn't even worth this anymore" and close WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there plans to adjust leveling speed? Or lower the XP required to level from 60 to 80?
    It's hard to say. The current leveling speed is already too fast. Many players switch to next area so quickly that they cannot experience the full quest lore. We might adjust the quest routes for levels 60 to 80 so that players can choose the route they want.
    This is a huge ideology problem for Blizzard, in my opinion. At what point was it determined that players HAVE to experience all of the "quest lore" in all of the zones? At what point was it determined that this was more important than a smooth, engaging levelling arc?

Frankly, as far as I'm aware, most players already skip 3-4 of 7 Outland zones because they don't need to do the rest. The only way to experience all of the zones at the right level would be to actively forego part of the "quest lore" from other zones. I don't think the problem with Outland is missing out on quest lore, there's so little of it to actually enjoy that tethers to any engaging storyline experience. Hellfire has a lot of Fel Orcs, but you never really learn too much about why unless you read every scrap of quest text. Zangarmarsh has something to do with Naga stealing water, but that too isn't very interesting. Most players probably don't have a clue as to why there are a bunch of black dragons impaled in Blade's Edge Mountains.

I suppose what I'm getting at, is that the supposed "quest lore" in Outland zones at least is not really worth enjoying. It's not up to the standards we've come to expect from the 1-60 experience, or the levelling experience offered by other MMOs that give you a better feel for what you're doing and why you're doing it. Enjoying it for its own sake at the expense of a fun levelling experience is what causes players to encounter inertia and stop playing because they feel that their character isn't progressing as fast as they would like.

Deleted
    I'm very disapointed by the ilvl requirement for the challenge mode: "There will be a minimum ilevel requirement, maybe higher than heroic dungeon."

I really thought that part was about a common playing field by being able to play based on teamwork and skill only for level capped players.

It turns out that even there you need to go first to the mother of all classes: the "super size" me - non challenging- time gatherer for pointification and the glorification of maximum fat stuffication.

Deal breaker for me. Verticals, verticals and more verticals. Blizzard don't get the social era we are living now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Player questioning seems to just be getting more and more aggressive over time. I half expected to find a question in there saying "When are you going to admit you suck? Oh and I hate your family too." I'm surprised the blues don't just go "you know what? Screw you. The money isn't even worth this anymore" and close WoW.
    Screw you guys we hate raking in money in by the truck load.....lol wat

Deleted
    Personally I think it looks beautiful, Sha of Anger is huge! cant wait for people to start testing it! Challenge modes being being 'extremely difficult' is a bonus too.

Tyv

If only I could do that shit they want on the Curse jobsite.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It would be a flaw in the tree if one of the talents was a no-brainer to skip
    *cough* Mass Entanglement *cough*

"The number of 25-man raiding guilds is probably going to keep decreasing." This should be more accurate. It's future tense or a guess.

Keep in mind that the texts were translated twice, so some losses of meaning were inevitable. Still I am sorry for the inconveniences.
    Last edited by otarma; 2012-04-21 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It would be a flaw in the tree if one of the talents was a no-brainer to skip
    *cough* Mass Entanglement *cough*
    -Warsong Gulch
    -Miniature army of at least 5 people chasing the flag carrier as he runs back to his base
    -A smart druid enters the scene
    -Casts Mass Entanglement upon the group
    -Flag Carrier returns to base and captures the flag
    -Alliance/Horde win!

The new talents really aren't so easy to cookie cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, so many snarky assholes in that feedback thread. No wonder blues are cranky.

Deleted
    why advertise jobs in accounts and php development most people who come to this forum are clueless in those types of areas including me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    why advertise jobs in accounts and php development most people who come to this forum are clueless in those types of areas including me
    Then it's not clearly directed for you or people who are clueless in those types of areas. Doesn't mean everybody else is clueless.

Deleted
    After looking at all these new zones from ground perspective I kinda wish that Blizzard would have never even added flying mounts to the game...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    Just because you, and most people you personally know apparently, have no clue as to what those are, does not mean the 99.9% of the rest of the world visiting these forums and website are as clueless....

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    After looking at all these new zones from ground perspective I kinda wish that Blizzard would have never even added flying mounts to the game...
    After playing Swtor (Briefly) then coming back to wow, my toon while mounted moves WAY too slow for my liking. I'm not against no flying mounts, but then speed up ground mounts to 310%. I don't care what the hell they are, one of things I apparently have a hard time tolerating is moving through a 3D rendered world with the breaks on. Don't care one bit if I'm on the ground or in the air....

Deleted
    Lol beware of the goat-cycle monkey gang.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images.../KunLai040.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metareal View Post
    I'm very disapointed by the ilvl requirement for the challenge mode: "There will be a minimum ilevel requirement, maybe higher than heroic dungeon."

I really thought that part was about a common playing field by being able to play based on teamwork and skill only for level capped players.

It turns out that even there you need to go first to the mother of all classes: the "super size" me - non challenging- time gatherer for pointification and the glorification of maximum fat stuffication.

Deal breaker for me. Verticals, verticals and more verticals. Blizzard don't get the social era we are living now.
    people will still run challenges with same ilvl just mean its higher threshold to enter it.

I think we've seen the China CMs saying stuff that wound up being not entirely true, so I wouldn't put money down on that "We want 25-man raids to die" quote. It could be anything from a mistranslation to a misinformed employee.

Quote Originally Posted by metareal View Post

I don't get what the problem is. Challenge modes are, under my interpretation, meant to be much more challenging versions of the Heroic Dungeons. The ilvl requirement should be AT LEAST what the heroic requirement is... otherwise you would be able to do a Challenge version of a dungeon without even having done the normal heroic version.

Having the ilvl higher to ensure that people have ran through ther heroics enough to get used to them is only a good thing. If Blizz is confident that you need to have completed the normal heroics enough (and thus gained further gear from them, even if it is then normalised) and understand them well before attempting the challenge versions then I think they're heading in the right direction.

If you just want something social, do heroics with some friends. From the soudns of it, if you actually stop and talk at all or mess around in challenge versions, you would already have failed.

Thank you for featuring the speed run, especially in an apparently large news post, I really think it will help.

Deleted
    Kun-Lai Summit zone looks nice.