10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

Need help with a build

Hiya, so basically I'm going to build a PC and I need help.

To start us off, here's a build I made:

Harddrive:
    Seagate Barracuda® Green 2TB

CPU:
    Intel® Core i5-2500K

CPU Cooler:
    Noctua NH-D14

Ram:
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB

Motherboard:
    ASUS P8Z77-V, Socket-1155

GPU (Edited):
    HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5

PSU:
    Corsair HX 750W PSU

The site is in swedish though, but thought I'd throw it in there aswell.

My goal is to run most new games on ultra-max settings. I'm sort-of new to this, so would appreciate help!
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-04-24 at 07:38 PM.

There's no reason to buy anything whatsoever from Nvidia at the moment, with the exception of the 680. AMD's cards beat them at every single price point. One could argue the 680 is a poor choice given the recent price drops.

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=743427

The 7850 performs better at stock speeds than the 560 ti, and will DRAMATICALLY outperform it when overclocked. Overclocked performance on the 7850 reaches GTX 580 levels.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as a power supply goes look for anything made by Seasonic,XFX,Antec,Corsair and with your current setup you shouldn't need anything more then a 650 watt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    There's no reason to buy anything whatsoever from Nvidia at the moment, with the exception of the 680. AMD's cards beat them at every single price point. One could argue the 680 is a poor choice given the recent price drops.

The 7850 performs better at stock speeds than the 560 ti, and will DRAMATICALLY outperform it when overclocked. Overclocked performance on the 7850 reaches GTX 580 levels.
    Really? Didn't know about that, thanks for informing me :P.

I actually had SLI 560 so I can buy something more powerfull than 7850 if it's just 1 card. Maybe 7950?

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    As far as a power supply goes look for anything made by Seasonic,XFX,Antec,Corsair and with your current setup you shouldn't need anything more then a 650 watt.
    Corsair HX 750W PSU seems to have very good reviews!

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 08:23 PM ----------

Changed GPU and PSU. As I'm investing less on GPU, I'm thinking about an SSD instead.

Can anyone recommend me one? I think I will only use it for Windows, so it doesn't have to be very big.
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-04-22 at 07:21 PM.

I found a superior motherboard that is priced more or less the same as your MSI one:

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=746635

It's based on the new Z77 chipset for the next gen intel CPUs, but is still compatible with all the current intel CPUs on the LGA1155 socket, so your i5-2500k will work fine np.

There isn't a lot different about this motherboard chipset when compared to the Z68 ones, but it is definitely worth mentioning that this one offers a bit more features than the MSI one, and should be a bit more OC friendly since it uses better circuitry and components for power delivery and everything. Even if you're not going to OC, it's just a more solid board and the price difference isn't going to murder your wallet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

Is the PSU enough if I'm going to overclock my CPU and GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I found a superior motherboard that is priced more or less the same as your MSI one:

http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=746635

It's based on the new Z77 chipset for the next gen intel CPUs, but is still compatible with all the current intel CPUs on the LGA1155 socket, so your i5-2500k will work fine np.

There isn't a lot different about this motherboard chipset when compared to the Z68 ones, but it is definitely worth mentioning that this one offers a bit more features than the MSI one, and should be a bit more OC friendly since it uses better circuitry and components for power delivery and everything. Even if you're not going to OC, it's just a more solid board and the price difference isn't going to murder your wallet
    Thanks! I think this is the build I'm going with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Is the PSU enough if I'm going to overclock my CPU and GPU?
    Yes the HX750 is enough, you can even CrossFire those 7850 and it's still enough power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yes the HX750 is enough, you can even CrossFire those 7850 and it's still enough power.
    Good stuff! Now I just need a nice computer case and I'm set.

Deleted
    Fractal Design Arc midi, Corsair 400R or 500R, 300R is a great case as well considering the lower price.