Question Which Seal for Ret PvP in MoP?

Which Seal to Use?

Seal of Truth
    Glyph of Immediate Truth

OR

Seal of Justice

Which seal do you think will provide the most initial/ effective damage out put in a pvp enviroment? My play style is more focused towards burst. I understand Seal of Truth can be dispelled from the target or them or myself may not live long enough to stack fully. It comes down to 14% additional holy dmg + initial censure dmg vs. 16% additional holy dmg. The slowing effect is some what irrelevant to me because talents like Burden of Guilt/ Long Arm/ Pursuit, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to use SoTruth then, as they'd have to deal with the DoT one way or the other. Since you'll always be applying it, they'll have to choose to keep dispelling it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Since when can Censure be dispelled oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Since when can Censure be dispelled oO
    To be honest, I wondered about that myself. Haven't had much time to use my beta access, so I was just making a recommendation based on the situation he described.

If Censure can't be dispelled, I would still suggest using SoTruth. With the glyph, it'll be ~1% more damage than SoJustice, plus it will still have Censure (even if it's damage is halved).

Deleted
    It can't be dispelled either on live and beta (with or without glyph).

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    It can't be dispelled either on live and beta (with or without glyph).
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    To be honest, I wondered about that myself. Haven't had much time to use my beta access, so I was just making a recommendation based on the situation he described.

If Censure can't be dispelled, I would still suggest using SoTruth. With the glyph, it'll be ~1% more damage than SoJustice, plus it will still have Censure (even if it's damage is halved).
    It can't be dispelled, and it would be 5% higher damage on a seal hit than Seal of Justice - but it depends on the situation which one you'll be using. Against Druids, you will HAVE to use Seal of Justice all the time, period. They'll be shapeshifting out of your Burden of Guilt easily - and if they want to get away from you, it'll be as easy as a guaranteed instant cyclone on a 1 minute cooldown. If you're not in melee range, you'll never catch up to a druid as Ret, unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It can't be dispelled, and it would be 5% higher damage on a seal hit than Seal of Justice - but it depends on the situation which one you'll be using. Against Druids, you will HAVE to use Seal of Justice all the time, period. They'll be shapeshifting out of your Burden of Guilt easily - and if they want to get away from you, it'll be as easy as a guaranteed instant cyclone on a 1 minute cooldown. If you're not in melee range, you'll never catch up to a druid as Ret, unfortunately.
    however with instant exorcism and judgement meaning your going to probably be on 5 holypower when you do actualy make it into melle you actualy chuck out some hurt instead of like on life atm where you only tickle. also with some long arm on bea it has no min range.

so each judge takes you to 145% and takes the druid to 50%. your moving 3x the druids speed and even if it shifts out your then stil moving at 145 for 4 seconds.

we are harder to kite in mop. however exorcism and judge no longer apply censure. which isn't a bad trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    however with instant exorcism and judgement meaning your going to probably be on 5 holypower when you do actualy make it into melle you actualy chuck out some hurt instead of like on life atm where you only tickle. also with some long arm on bea it has no min range.

so each judge takes you to 145% and takes the druid to 50%. your moving 3x the druids speed and even if it shifts out your then stil moving at 145 for 4 seconds.

we are harder to kite in mop. however exorcism and judge no longer apply censure. which isn't a bad trade off.
    Wow, you don't know anything about this game, do you? Druids will run at 145% speed in cat form and 170% speed in travel form with Feline Swiftness. Half of that will be 72.5% and 85%. Every time they shift, they remove Burden of Guilt. They only have to shift once every 5-6 seconds between those 2 forms. If you're not in melee range to apply Seal of Justice, they will be shifting back and forth between 145% movement speed and 170% movement speed, effectively out-running you. Why are you even attempting theorycraft, honestly?

10+ Year Old Account
    @reith, they dont have to switch into catform to remove it, waste of about 1.5sec of travel form, just go into caster and straight away back into travel form, leaving a form doesn't incur a GCD, so you're out about .1sec (depending on your spam interval) and still get to remove Burden of Guilt.

OT: i'd say SoT is better

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    @reith, they dont have to switch into catform to remove it, waste of about 1.5sec of travel form, just go into caster and straight away back into travel form, leaving a form doesn't incur a GCD, so you're out about .1sec (depending on your spam interval) and still get to remove Burden of Guilt.

OT: i'd say SoT is better
    Not really a waste if all you're doing is running, anyway. o.O You don't even have to be in travel form all the time to outrun a Retribution Paladin. THAT would be a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't be dispelled, and it would be 5% higher damage on a seal hit than Seal of Justice
    Seal of Truth adds 14% holy damage to melee hits. Tack on the glyph's 20% boost and it's a ~17% holy damage add-on per weapon attack, which puts it 1% over Seal of Justice's added holy damage. Or am I adding that up wrong?

Wow, you don't know anything about this game, do you? Druids will run at 145% speed in cat form and 170% speed in travel form with Feline Swiftness. Half of that will be 72.5% and 85%. Every time they shift, they remove Burden of Guilt. They only have to shift once every 5-6 seconds between those 2 forms. If you're not in melee range to apply Seal of Justice, they will be shifting back and forth between 145% movement speed and 170% movement speed, effectively out-running you. Why are you even attempting theorycraft, honestly?
    So let someone else deal with the druid. Although, if all the druid is doing is running around to get away from you, they're not doing much else. Even if they're throwing DoTs on you as they run, you'll be able to survive that with whatever you picked up from your third tier of talents.

As per the bolded part, keep it civil. No need to take on an insulting tone.

Seal of Truth adds 14% holy damage to melee hits. Tack on the glyph's 20% boost and it's a ~17% holy damage add-on per weapon attack, which puts it 1% over Seal of Justice's added holy damage. Or am I adding that up wrong?
    Nah that's right, I just thought the glyph was better than it actually is (+50% for the on-hit for -50% for censure, which is wrong). I won't be using that glyph if there's no significant change to either Censure or SoT's on-hit damage, or the glyph itself.

So let someone else deal with the druid. Although, if all the druid is doing is running around to get away from you, they're not doing much else. Even if they're throwing DoTs on you as they run, you'll be able to survive that with whatever you picked up from your third tier of talents.
    Unless they have someone using their offensive dispels, god-forbid if a Mage is present, making that entire tier useless for Retribution. I predict Feral Druid/Fire Mage/Disc Priest will be the FOTM comp.