Page 1 of 95
... LastLast

Angry MOP Warrior Concerns.

Im really concerned with the new Changes taking place for MOP, especially the most recent updates.

Check out WOWHEAD's Talent Calculator for Warriors.

Lastest updates on Warriors.

BIG ISSUES (Also we arent getting ANY new abilities).

1) Stances no longer increase our damage at all, Whats up with that ? As if we arent already weak. From what ive seen on the BETA rage isnt an issue.
    2) Deadly Calm Nerfed, and no longer a specialization ability.
    3) Lose Hamstring Root.
    4) Lose Enraged Regeneration as a baseline healing ability.
    5) We lost far too much Crit again, along with abilities like juggernaut.
    6) Our Cool-Downs still suck, MS got nerfed to a 6 second CD, yet hunters are getting an ability which allow them to spam the mortal strike effect with a longer duration, 30 seconds to our 15 seconds.
    7) Recklessness is still on a 5 minute CD, and it still increases our damage taken, which it shouldnt. We have to waste a Glyph, which talking to high rated Warriors isnt worth it.
    8) Deep wounds damage is terrible, it doesnt seem like its been combined with rend at all.
    9) Staggering shout not viable unless piercing howl is our baseline slow.
    10) Hidden nerf, Colossus Smash is now only for Fury.

Everyone has our abilities but better versions of them.

Why arent we getting anything new ?

Does anyone else besides me notice these things ? Soo little attention is being payed to Warriors. Just look at our Tier and Challenge mode sets, the Art is pathetic, i dont even want to see how bad our PVP set will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Velin View Post
    Ye I just noticed Die by the Sword if for fury only as well now :s

Arms still has Sudden Death which basically does the same thing so maybe its a bug (arms not having colossus smash) :O
    True, lets hope ._.
    But seriously im sick of Blizzard screwing Warriors. Something tells me we are going to be terrible again like we are right now =/

If you want to dominate pvp, roll a monk.

This is exactly why I don't play my warrior. It just isn't worth it .. especially in pvp! =o

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    If you want to dominate pvp, roll a monk.
    From what ive seen only Healing Monks will be good in PvP, but Monks have some mean movements and speed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unlucky4you View Post
    This is exactly why I don't play my warrior. It just isn't worth it .. especially in pvp! =o
    After seeing the DK PvP set ill definitely be playing him some in MOP, i havent touched him since WOTLK though. Its just depressing how they neglect a couple classes and constantly buff others.

We do well as far as PVE goes though in Cata.

But im a Warrior at heart man, my beard is strong. Warriors just give that satisfaction that no other class gives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Im really concerned with the new Changes taking place for MOP, especially the most recent updates.

Check out WOWHEAD's Talent Calculator for Warriors.

Lastest updates on Warriors.

BIG ISSUES (Also we arent getting ANY new abilities).

1) Stances no longer increase our damage at all, Whats up with that ? As if we arent already weak. From what ive seen on the BETA rage isnt an issue.
    2) Deadly Calm Nerfed, and no longer a specialization ability.
    3) Lose Hamstring Root.
    4) Lose Enraged Regeneration as a baseline healing ability.
    5) We lost far too much Crit again, along with abilities like juggernaut.
    6) Our Cool-Downs still suck, MS got nerfed to a 6 second CD, yet hunters are getting an ability which allow them to spam the mortal strike effect with a longer duration, 30 seconds to our 15 seconds.
    7) Recklessness is still on a 5 minute CD, and it still increases our damage taken, which it shouldnt. We have to waste a Glyph, which talking to high rated Warriors isnt worth it.
    8) Deep wounds damage is terrible, it doesnt seem like its been combined with rend at all.
    9) Staggering shout not viable unless piercing howl is our baseline slow.
    10) Hidden nerf, Colossus Smash is now only for Fury.

Everyone has our abilities but better versions of them.

Why arent we getting anything new ?

Does anyone else besides me notice these things ? Soo little attention is being payed to Warriors. Just look at our Tier and Challenge mode sets, the Art is pathetic, i dont even want to see how bad our PVP set will be.
    CS is NOT fury only lol.
    We can get avatar for an extra CD.
    Damage on abilites is NOT finalized so if things are kinda weak atm and other things are stupidly insane (execute/dragon shout) they will get tweaked.
    And we are getting new abilities in the form of banners...one which gives 20% crit for 30 seconds.
    And the armor set is an opinion, in your eyes not much effort went in but to me they both look kinda cool, without the helmet
    Last edited by mmocafd7a46b7c; 2012-04-26 at 10:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    And we are getting new abilities in the form of banners...one which gives 20% crit for 30 seconds
    It's 20% crit damage for 10 seconds and since we'll hardly be critting it's useless for us.

Anyway I still think our biggest issue is if we don't hit with ms we're stuck auto attacking till it's back up again, assume that one even hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    CS is NOT fury only lol
    We can get avatar for an extra CD
    Damage on abilites is NOT finalized so if things are kinda weak atm and other things are stupidly insane (execute/dragon shout) they will get tweaked
    And we are getting new abilities in the form of banners...one which gives 20% crit for 30 seconds
    CS is showing as as a fury specialization so theyre either changing it to be fury only and havent updated sudden death or its still arms, we dont know just yet.

You dont see what im saying, we arent getting new abilities because theyre things we already have.

Avatar = Heroic Fury + Deathwish
    War Banner = Commanding shout, Demoralizing shout, or Recklessness, and we dont even know if theyre hittable yet. Theyre totems pretty much.
    Dragonshout it just an AOE shockwave with more burst and a longer CD.

Do you see what im saying now ?

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It's 20% crit damage for 10 seconds and since we'll hardly be critting it's useless for us.

Anyway I still think our biggest issue is if we don't hit with ms we're stuck auto attacking till it's back up again, assume that one even hits.
    Exactly what im thinking. Our crits going to be soo low that it wont make up much at all.

From what ive seen only Healing Monks will be good in PvP, but Monks have some mean movements and speed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 09:54 AM ----------

After seeing the DK PvP set ill definitely be playing him some in MOP, i havent touched him since WOTLK though. Its just depressing how they neglect a couple classes and constantly buff others.

We do well as far as PVE goes though in Cata.

But im a Warrior at heart man, my beard is strong. Warriors just give that satisfaction that no other class gives.
    Hey, I hear you there man..I tried playing my warrior in pvp, just couldn't do it =Z. Speaking of dk i'm finishing up my dk right now he is 82 atm =D. Can't WAIT to get that pvp set xD

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that warriors are not the only class with a dreadful set of talents, or being given talents that address baseline nerfs, means that it’s not developer ignorance that’s the problem.

It’s developer incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by unlucky4you View Post
    Hey, I hear you there man..I tried playing my warrior in pvp, just couldn't do it =Z. Speaking of dk i'm finishing up my dk right now he is 82 atm =D. Can't WAIT to get that pvp set xD
    Its an incredible set.

Deleted
    We're getting class changes every week right now. Just hold on, cross your fingers and hope that they'll do as you want them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    The fact that warriors are not the only class with a dreadful set of talents, or being given talents that address baseline nerfs, means that it’s not developer ignorance that’s the problem.

It’s developer incompetence.
    Indeed, but Warriors talents are by far the worst ive seen, most of them should of stayed class specializations. Like why is Deathwish getting turned into a talent but not avenging wrath ? Makes no sense. Most of our talents were proc based + on use you get (x). Now theyre taking away essentials from our specializations and making them talents. That doesnt make any sense to me, weve lost soo many buttons too.

Im grateful for some of the changes but a alot of them arent for the best. War Banners CD is on a retarded long CD aswell for being a 10 second ability which im assuming can be attacked since you can intervene to it.

The last thing we need is more long unreasonable CDS..

Deleted
    True, lets hope ._.
    Something tells me we are going to be terrible again like we are right now =/
    I'm sorry, I agree with a lot of your points, but you can't seriously be saying that warriors are terrible on live. Warriors are third after rogues and mages. they scale crazy with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfor View Post
    I'm sorry, I agree with a lot of your points, but you can't seriously be saying that warriors are terrible on live. Warriors are third after rogues and mages. they scale crazy with gear.
    All classes scale well with gear, but im not in the BETA ive just been watching streams of the high rated Warriors on the BETA talking about it etc. I mean in all honesty its like theyre trying to make Warriors compete with Rogues in a stun competition now. Only advantage is Warriors Shockwave an Dragons Roar arent dodgable.

What i have seen on the BETA that works phenomenally is Execute, it seems to be back to the BC execute where you chop heads off and its something youll want to avoid being hit with. But Death-Knights are also getting an Execute, which hopefully isnt as good, from what i can tell it does massive damage if it does get off, and thats not even Critical Damage either.

We have to remember its not 1v1 based as well, which is what im worried about. I know in MOP 1v1, Warriors are doing fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfor View Post
    That will be pve, which it have been long cleared at this point, or nerfed enough to allow lesser dps.

Pvp? Worst class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean in all honesty its like theyre trying to make Warriors compete with Rogues in a stun competition now. Only advantage is Warriors Shockwave an Dragons Roar arent dodgable.
    In many ways, I think this is the hammerhead to the nail of PvP's problem (more accurately, MY problem with it).

I enjoy a bit of PvP now and again but get frustrated quickly because I get sick of losing control of my character. It's not fun. Ignoring weak warrior resistance to CC for a second, my point is that it's not fun for anyone to spend large amounts of time unable to actually do anything.

I fully appreciate that the better players are the ones who apply control the best, time their burst, know how to maintain pressure against peels and make the right decisions at the right time. I also appreciate some people might love my biggest misgiving about PvP.

But for me, I despise not being able to actually play my character. I come close to smashing my keyboard every time I get stuck in a match where I spend all of it watching my partner(s) get killed while I’m snared, rooted or otherwise locked out of it.

It simply isn’t fun for me. Rather than an ever increasing number of counters, I’d rather Blizzard just gutted the amount of CC in the game.

Shame it won’t happen.

1. Silly thing to complain about, if we need a 5/10% boost this will obviously be integrated into baseline, this point makes me believe you just like being negative
    Our cd's sucks? Have you seen avatar?
    Dadly calm was a terrible cd and it doesnt really matter if it was removed
    Why is having low crit chance so bad? If we're balanced around having low crit chance, just imagine how strong of a cd reck is gonna be

It just seems to me that at most of this points you just wanna cry for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    1. Silly thing to complain about, if we need a 5/10% boost this will obviously be integrated into baseline, this point makes me believe you just like being negative
    Our cd's sucks? Have you seen avatar?
    Dadly calm was a terrible cd and it doesnt really matter if it was removed
    Why is having low crit chance so bad? If we're balanced around having low crit chance, just imagine how strong of a cd reck is gonna be

It just seems to me that at most of this points you just wanna cry for the sake of it
    You know trolling is against the rules right buddy ?

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    In many ways, I think this is the hammerhead to the nail of PvP's problem (more accurately, MY problem with it).

I enjoy a bit of PvP now and again but get frustrated quickly because I get sick of losing control of my character. It's not fun. Ignoring weak warrior resistance to CC for a second, my point is that it's not fun for anyone to spend large amounts of time unable to actually do anything.

I fully appreciate that the better players are the ones who apply control the best, time their burst, know how to maintain pressure against peels and make the right decisions at the right time. I also appreciate some people might love my biggest misgiving about PvP.

But for me, I despise not being able to actually play my character. I come close to smashing my keyboard every time I get stuck in a match where I spend all of it watching my partner(s) get killed while I’m snared, rooted or otherwise locked out of it.

It simply isn’t fun for me. Rather than an ever increasing number of counters, I’d rather Blizzard just gutted the amount of CC in the game.

Shame it won’t happen.
    I agree, but at the same time i feel its only rogues who have that "Lockdown" capability. Though Warriors will definitely have it with all these stuns and gag order. Thats what made it unenjoyable for me on my caster, its just rinse and repeat with stuns and silences. I can totally appreciate players who know what theyre doing and time their Burst/CC well. But its when i get killed by mediocre players, who spam abilities because they can, and end up killing me that erk me. Its not skill at that point its "I play the class with the most CDS". (Frost Mages and Rogues - Most use up their abilities and immediately refresh and reuse them). They dont use the cleverly, theyre just playing whats "Overpowered".

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post

Last time I checked, you only needed 5% hit to not miss with special attacks against a level 85 target. Also, last time I checked, we still generate rage on attacks that are dodged or parried. So, why is this our biggest issue again?