10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I have to go to bed early Friday night to be up for 5am Saturday (Ouch)
    I have a puppy who likes to get up during the night and whinge, so hopefully he sleeps until about 4:30ish so I can feed him and then put him back to bed and nerd it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    That's mine atm too. Just switched it from the new Eir one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found out you can hide the UI on the login screen with ctrl+shift+h, I think it's the same combination in GW1, but I never though to try it. It makes a great screensaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I didn't like Edgar too much. I usually went Celes/Cyan, Locke/Shadow, Terra/Mog, Setzer/Sabin/Gau.
    I usually used Sabin (best single target damage imo) Terra or celes for heals cyan and edgar

10+ Year Old Account
    My main grp was Edgar sabin.. cyan and uhh Celes/terra. mmmm Legend of Dragoon coming out for PSN on may 1st. Anyways im prolly gonna explore get used to my proff and sat wvwvw then sun umm is up in the air till then XD

Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    My main grp was Edgar sabin.. cyan and uhh Celes/terra. mmmm Legend of Dragoon coming out for PSN on may 1st. Anyways im prolly gonna explore get used to my proff and sat wvwvw then sun umm is up in the air till then XD
    loved legend of dragoon.. always cracked up at "squealy voice" harpooooonnnn

They tried to do some interesting things with Legend of Dragoon, but it was sorta a failure. Sony's first big in-house J-RPG, iirc. Wild Arms was about as generic as Legend of Dragoon- though got by on charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I know I will waste the whole friday in character creation since Asura won't be available I will also lose my Saturday because I will struggle deciding if I will try out the professions I will most likely roll on live or not.

just a quick question, is there some form of tanking in this game ?

how does a group attacks a boss ? is there healing required :S

would love if someone explains to me if there is tank / healing roles .... or how a 5 man boss is engaged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    just a quick question, is there some form of tanking in this game ?

how does a group attacks a boss ? is there healing required :S

would love if someone explains to me if there is tank / healing roles .... or how a 5 man boss is engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Holy Trinity – In pretty much every MMO, everyone has a defined role. These roles are Tank, DPS, and Healer. Where based on your class/spec you do one of these roles and only that role. Those roles don't exist in GW2. GW2s combat is built with control, damage, and support in mind. Every player will have the responsibility of doing everything; no one gets a pass and is allowed to not help out. While everyone has their own individual heal and some Professions might have another healing spell that they can throw down as an AoE, it isn’t something you can rely on and is more of a “when it’s absolutely needed” kind of thing. You’re not able to rely on that AoE heal to save you, you are going to be keeping yourself alive by dodging and paying attention, you’re going to be tanking, you’re going to be doing damage, you’re going to be buffing, you’re going to be debuffing, you’re doing to be resurrecting allies. Situational awareness is one of the most important aspects of GW2.
    You might want to read the entire post, it's got pretty much everything you could ever ask about GW2 covered.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-04-26 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Cannot read "y"

doesnt a boss fixate on a target ? or do they just randomly do various attacks and we avoid them...

gonna read the whole topic later after my exam today.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt a boss fixate on a target ? or do they just randomly do various attacks and we avoid them...

gonna read the whole topic later after my exam today.
    GW1 didn't have tanking like WOW/Rift/SWTOR have either. there were some techniques to tank (mostly bodyblocking the mobs, or picking up various items like a book in one of the elite missions,which would draw the mobs to the carrier) but usually mobs just went for their target and there's little to do about it. It's not really a lot different than games with a tank, except mobs don't one-shot non-tanks, but the damage is more spread.

However, be prepared if you want to play melee in gw2. Not dodging will get your skull smashed in in less than 5 seconds.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    The way I've heard it, mob (including bosses) attention depends on a lot of things. Whereas most MMOs have simplified things to "threat", essentially whomever does most damage or a character that is extra threatening through spec/stance/abilities, in GW2 mobs can prefer different targets. Sure, some or even most might prefer the highest damage dealing character, but especially bosses and mini-bosses might prefer to attack ranged over melee, or melee over ranged, or spellcasters, or the one using the most special abilities, or the thief, or the character moving the most. The consensus is that no character will hold anyone's attention for long while in a group, and the concept of "tanking" in GW2 is simply "avoid getting killed while the mob tries to smash your face in".

Deleted
    To all of you wow players, tanking in in GW2 will work mostly like last phase of chimaeron when your tanks died, or when your tank died and you try to kite boss for last 5% w/o him with difference that it wont always one shot non tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That shit changed the home page of my browser to arccosine.com. Now I don't trust it, does anyone know if it made any other changes which weren't mentioned in the installer?

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    That shit changed the home page of my browser to arccosine.com. Now I don't trust it, does anyone know if it made any other changes which weren't mentioned in the installer?
    It didn't change anything for me, but even after I stopped using it it still made my comp crash. After I uninstalled it I still had to search files and remove everything that was left...so far no problems since then.

i am excited that all content is 5 man content instead of all the shit you have to go through just to make a 10 man or 25 man guilds like in wow, having a good 5 man group goes a long way..

sorry for being an ignorant but can someone point me to where i should go to read about PvE in this game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    i am excited that all content is 5 man content instead of all the shit you have to go through just to make a 10 man or 25 man guilds like in wow, having a good 5 man group goes a long way..

sorry for being an ignorant but can someone point me to where i should go to read about PvE in this game ?
    The mass info sticky thread in this subforum would be a good start

Ye the focus around smaller,tighter groups is one of the main reasons why I like what I'm seeing.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Have we chosen the main server for MMO-champions yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Have we chosen the main server for MMO-champions yet?
    If going by the poll it seems to be Sea of Sorrows - US.