Second half of gamebreakertv's PvP Q&A is out now

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/dominating/ part 2

part 1 is on the same page but further down it.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    damn... Is there any way to improve my Ping? I think it has something to do with my internet card thingy in my computer... My internet used to be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody know if we can boost up our character to lvl 30 or something during this BWE? Or do we need to start at lvl 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyondegekstee View Post
    damn... Is there any way to improve my Ping? I think it has something to do with my internet card thingy in my computer... My internet used to be fine
    Run this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html
    (the settings it changes apply to all games, not just Wow)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmoe View Post
    Does anybody know if we can boost up our character to lvl 30 or something during this BWE? Or do we need to start at lvl 1?
    Doesn't spvp give you level 30, armor, and weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the Personal story was capped at level 20. The BWE has no level cap. and Structured PvP boosts you to level 80.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Close the downloader, and run the .exe again. If all three files are in the same folder, your download will not reset.
    Tried that countless times already, didn't help
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

So, how do you guys feel about the fact that...

You will be playing Guild Wars 2 in 24 hours.

Bad, unless you live in Australia.

You want <100 ms really, anything more and there's a very noticeable delay in the game. Melee essentially becomes unplayable once you get to 300+
    Makes me remember fondly the days of ~450 on my 56k playing T1, EQ and UO.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The first BWE is only up to level 20.
    Stop spreading that, it's not true. You can level your personal story up to level 20. Have not heard anything about boosting up to level 30, I think that was specifically for the press weekend only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah, go to the mists and you will be able to equip it.
    Thank you, I thought so, I just wanted to double check!

And the level 20 cap is for personal story, just like in previous CBT. That's what they say on the video, I don't know where people got this idea that the cap was for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Tried that countless times already, didn't help
    Take a screenshot of the folder and post it here. If there's a problem someone will point it out.

Put Gw2.exe, Gw2.tmp, and Gw2.dat in a folder on the Desktop. Run the .exe. When the download is finished, your .dat should be ~13 gb. Run the .exe again, and it launches the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    just got 30/50 in my HOM my last point took ages, was too lazy to do war in kryta, and just now realized i could just buy 3 hero armor pieces
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Has there been any word on how many characters we will be able to have in the beta? Or in the game, once it goes live (before micro-transactions)?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Has there been any word on how many characters we will be able to have in the beta? Or in the game, once it goes live (before micro-transactions)?

Thanks in advance
    5 character slots is what I've read and expect. Enough to play the personal storylines of each race, and provides incentive to buy those last 3 slots if someone plans to invest time into all professions.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post

Thanks in advance
    Last I heard it was 5. I swear someone mentioned they had 6 for the last beta though? Might be full of shit, I'm not sure.

44/50

Trying to get motivated to play again and get those last 6 points. Maybe this weekends beta will motivate me

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Last I heard it was 5. I swear someone mentioned they had 6 for the last beta though? Might be full of shit, I'm not sure.
    I think there was a fan day in the EU where they had more slots open or something.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Take a screenshot of the folder and post it here. If there's a problem someone will point it out.

Put Gw2.exe, Gw2.tmp, and Gw2.dat in a folder on the Desktop. Run the .exe. When the download is finished, your .dat should be ~13 gb. Run the .exe again, and it launches the game.
    Dat tmp and exe are all in the same folder since the beginning. I think it's a problem with my router blocking ports.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Watching old videos of GW2 to pass time untill beta tomorrow. this one from two years ago shows that you could cast while dodging. They've removed that, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljaž View Post
    Watching old videos of GW2 to pass time untill beta tomorrow. this one from two years ago shows that you could cast while dodging. They've removed that, right?
    I think so, haven't seen anyone cast while dodging in the recent vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Aljaž View Post
    There is a part 1 of 2 hour long video on gamebreaker, made recently, with a similar question. The answer is that if you are casting/channeling an attack and dodge your attack/spell is canceled and goes on cooldown. So players will have to judge what should take priority based on the encounter.