Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is so much to try and test. I love it. Can't freaking wait.

What are you guys thinking for Longbows? I was inclined to write them off in favor of Rifle but I been thinking there might be some interesting possibilities with Strength and Arms cranked up to 30. For the condition damage and duration. However 2 great bow skills are in a defensive line.

Thoughts?
    Well, if you focus on condition damage, Rifle might actually be better. 100% Bleed uptime with the auto attack alone.

If you keep 2 and 3 perfectly timed (easier with enough Expertise), then you can keep 100% Burning uptime I guess.

However, as Roggles suggests, Longbow is great ranged AoE.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    freaking tactics.
    I hate the minor traits more than anything else in that trait line. The major traits all actually look neat.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 02:34 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they made traits and the actual stat bonuses separate. Would add so much more customization and make things more fun imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they made traits and the actual stat bonuses separate. Would add so much more customization and make things more fun imo.
    Or just give us a global pool of Minor traits to choose from. 12 Minor traits to choose from, independent of trait lines.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 09:41 PM ----------

Also: I keep wanting to try Mace/Warhorn. The two Warhorn skills look absolutely amazing for a support-focused Warrior, and Mace just makes the most sense since it also gives a Daze, Stun, and Block.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 02:41 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I like the set minor traits but I wouldn't mind having a pool to choose from for the stats.

(also you guys chatted up like the last 4 pages, good job =D )
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I like the set minor traits but I wouldn't mind having a pool to choose from for the stats.

(also you guys chatted up like the last 4 pages, good job =D )
    I've been waiting for a chance to discuss warriors more! For like a week I was the last person to post in the thread so I couldn't bump it.

I've been waiting for a chance to discuss warriors more! For like a week I was the last person to post in the thread so I couldn't bump it.
    Psst, you can as long as you wait 24 hours to make the next post. Just make it constructive and they won't infract you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Psst, you can as long as you wait 24 hours to make the next post. Just make it constructive and they won't infract you for it.
    ? didn't work like that for me. I waited more than that and it still didn't bump it.

I've been able to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll test it with the mesmer thread. I'll post constructively though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addition to what I said earlier about shouts...

Being able to shout allies back to life. Somebody posted a little comic strip about it before, but I can't find it. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    It worked!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader..._are_best6.png

Oh there it is. I just think it applies to why I love my Axe/Axe Shouts build so much. ^_^

Haha, there is a Warlord skill that is a shout called "No Permission To Die" in Rift which works like that comic strip. XD

I find the two warhorn support skills to be rather lackluster to be honest. Seems sorta useless in PVE encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, there is a Warlord skill that is a shout called "No Permission To Die" in Rift which works like that comic strip. XD

I find the two warhorn support skills to be rather lackluster to be honest. Seems sorta useless in PVE encounters.
    Only if you operate under the assumption that PvE encounters will never ever apply snares/immobs on you.

Also: Vigor = more dodging.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 03:40 AM.

Yea warhorn is definitely PvP oriented more-so than PvE. If you want to maximize support, go mace/shield, and pick up a bunch of banners shouts. A plus of this is being able to impale enemies with your banners. So. Fucking. Awesome.

I just hope they balance weapons better, cause as of last beta, greatswords blew everything else out of the water. But lets be real, dual axes is just so aesthetically pleasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Yea warhorn is definitely PvP oriented more-so than PvE. If you want to maximize support, go mace/shield, and pick up a bunch of banners shouts.
    I don't disagree that you'd want banners and shouts, but the shield is about Control rather than Support... slight difference. I think people are getting stuck on the idea that PvE means standing still and doing a DPS rotation, which (if we're to believe ANet) won't be the case in more challenging content.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 03:46 AM.

What I'm trying to say is that in PvE usefulness, a shield is a great use for shield block when the group really needs it. Control is simply a special sort of support, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Only if you operate under the assumption that PvE encounters will never ever apply snares/immobs on you.

Also: Vigor = more dodging.
    Snares and roots can be broken with other utility skills. I see no real reason to carry a warhorn and build for it in PVE. The dodge regen is a sort of minor boon.

Warhorn is def. PVP orientated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snares and roots can be broken with other utility skills. I see no real reason to carry a warhorn and build for it in PVE. The dodge regen is a sort of minor boon.
    Because it works for your whole party, not just you, and is on such a short cooldown compared to the utility skills that break snares/roots.

Non-traited it's a the same CD as Mending. The only real benefit is the Paragon-like MS. Meh.