Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Possible sources for this mount:
    Faction vendor (likely requiring exalted with one of the MoP factions)
    Guild achievement reward (requiring purchase from the guild vendor)
    Craftable mount from a profession (think Vial of the Sands)
    Right now it doesn't look like it could be a personal achievement reward. Those rewards don't carry sellback prices. Definitely not of 15k anyways.

I don't feel it's likely this is going to be a craftable mount. We've encountered this kind of mount before ( Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth) so it's not on par with the Vial of the Sands.

It's almost certainly going to be a purchasable mount through a faction vendor

Vendor sell prices aren't always 1/4 the original cost. Until we get a screenshot of a vendor selling it we won't know for sure.

I'm gonna set aside 60k for now and add more if needed once we find out the price. I still love my vendor mammoth...will be nice to have updated vendors.

The yak mount looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    This is how I feel. I've always loved the wolf mount, and it's the only one Alliance can't get!! On the other hand, I think the only original Alliance mount Horde can't get is the mechanostrider... but who wants that thing anyway??

Ok, I was wrong. I put it all out in a Word document, and it turns out Alliance can't get two of their mounts whereas Horde can't have four of ours (I went ahead and added Draenei/Blood Elves and Goblins/Worgens to the list).

Orc – wolf (n/a)
    Troll – raptor (ZG)
    Tauren – kodo (Brewmaster)
    Blood Elf – bird (MGT)
    Undead – skeletal horse (Strath)
    Goblin – car (n/a)

Night Elf – cat (ZG)
    Human – horse (n/a)
    Draenei – elekk (n/a)
    Dwarf – ram (Brewmaster)
    Gnome – mechanostrider (n/a)
    Worgen – mountain horse (n/a)
    Horde actually got access to atleast 2 or 3/4 If Paladin horses and a Zheevra (It's more or less a horse with horns) So I'd say they only really miss the Elekk and the Mechanostrider.

The mounts I'm refering to is the ones from the Argent Tournament. One is not attainable anymore tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    All that still doesn't/wouldn't make it worth the thousands upon thousands of gold. The WOTLK vendor mount might not be up to date with items, but no one seems to care about the reagents all that junk. They use it for the repair which will be just fine come Mists. If people want food/water, stock up from the closest town/city etc which people currently do. Unless you can buy some pretty cool stuff from it, I think it's a silly gold sink.
    Oh no! God forbid they move the same! Now you'll never be unique looking!

/sarcasm.

Stop looking for an excuse to complain.

END OF RINE

DING DONG BANNU

Sorry, I hope this doesn't offend any one, I'm actually fan of stanley, i just couldn't help it <3

Sell price = 5x vendor sale price

Just checked the math against several factions... the computations hold.

Grand Expedition Yak
    Vendor Price = 75,000g!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guys here you can see that not everybody think the same:

1-There are a lot of people that like/hate the Yak
    *Well i really like it but it will look much better if the run animation were a little bit slower

2-The Bird..., yeah oks it have the same skeleton (And that means, the same animations) that the hawkstrider, but well is still cool and now you have more options

3-The scorpion is .... well a recolored version of the normal scorpion but think about these: Now everybody can get it (The other Scorpion was Horde only) and now it doesnt have a banner on

Yak! Omg I'm so going to get it and go...
    /cast <Name of Yak Mount>
    /s Appa! Yip-yip!

75k gold for an awesome Yak mount? Challenge accepted.

Deleted
    That hawkstrider mount and yak are so badass,

Since the Wrath mammoth was really only used for repairs I see no need to spend like 5x what the mammoth cost just for a different look. Others will for the exclusivity or because they really love Yaks but I don't see nearly as many people even caring about this mount since the functionality seems like it will only be marginally better than the mammoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price of the Yak could possibly be a place holder amount. We will not know until beta is done and release hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Horde actually got access to atleast 2 or 3/4 If Paladin horses and a Zheevra (It's more or less a horse with horns) So I'd say they only really miss the Elekk and the Mechanostrider.

The mounts I'm refering to is the ones from the Argent Tournament. One is not attainable anymore tho.
    Don't forget about the Kara mount and Headless horseman mount, both horses aswel.
    But if You count paladin mount then there is the warlock and DK mounts too.
    Last edited by DandierSphinx; 2012-04-28 at 07:34 PM.

Why does the yak run like a frog.... Blizzard.. come on.
    Is it that hard for your animators to look up references?

15+ Year Old Account
    The yack isnt going to scale based off its sell price to a vendor only because it doesnt take into account the rep price decrese when buying it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    The yack isnt going to scale based off its sell price to a vendor only because it doesnt take into account the rep price decrese when buying it.
    Sure take off 3 k mb less of initial price, and there you go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde: ALLIANCE NEED TO STFU ABOUT BEING SCREWED OVER IN LORE
    *Amber Scorpion mount previewed, unknown source (could easily be from Horde faction)*
    Horde: OMFG THIS IS SO UNFAIR

They're not even trying to create mounts we don't sit inside anymore.